No announcement yet.

Reasons for the AJ vs Wilder split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons for the AJ vs Wilder split

I know a lot of you guys like to debate stupid stuff and not deal with facts. But, I'd like to argue the facts for once.

1. AJ has 4 belts to Wilder's 1. Based on that alone, AJ should get 80% of the pot.

2. AJ fills stadiums with 90k people. Wilder cannot sell out a high school gym. AJ is the draw so he should get a higher % again.

3. AJ has been on PPV for years now while Wilder has never been close to it.

4. If the 50 million offer was real, it would have been negotiated like a real offer, not sent through email and given a 24 hour deadline. No one does real business like that especially for a supposed 100 million dollar fight.

5. If it's AJ's team that is sending the contract, setting up the fight at Wembley and doing their best to push the fight forward, how is it that you guys keep saying that they are ducking?

If you start a company and you put in millions, and your partner only brought in 50,000, would you split the company 50/50? No you wouldn't. Wilder is all talk and no action. 15 million is not "crackhead money" but it is life changing money. I pose these questions for all the Wilder fans who are screaming that he deserves a "fair split" so can we be men for once and debate the facts????

Also, if you think Wilder should get a higher %, please explain why and have the facts to back it up.

Trying to debate facts and numbers with Wilder fans is an exercise in futility. They are so detached from reality it's like they are living in an alternative universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
      I know a lot of you guys like to debate stupid stuff and not deal with facts. But, I'd like to argue the facts for once.

1. AJ has 4 belts to Wilder's 1. Based on that alone, AJ should get 80% of the pot.

2. AJ fills stadiums with 90k people. Wilder cannot sell out a high school gym. AJ is the draw so he should get a higher % again.

3. AJ has been on PPV for years now while Wilder has never been close to it.

4. If the 50 million offer was real, it would have been negotiated like a real offer, not sent through email and given a 24 hour deadline. No one does real business like that especially for a supposed 100 million dollar fight.

5. If it's AJ's team that is sending the contract, setting up the fight at Wembley and doing their best to push the fight forward, how is it that you guys keep saying that they are ducking?

If you start a company and you put in millions, and your partner only brought in 50,000, would you split the company 50/50? No you wouldn't. Wilder is all talk and no action. 15 million is not "crackhead money" but it is life changing money. I pose these questions for all the Wilder fans who are screaming that he deserves a "fair split" so can we be men for once and debate the facts????

Also, if you think Wilder should get a higher %, please explain why and have the facts to back it up.
      Belts don't equal popularity. AJ is very popular in Britain, yet relatively unknown anywhere else. So, a fight that is being broadcast worldwide, getting worldwide revenue, is not just about some local boy made good. Selling 25 dollar PPV in Britain DOES NOT make you an international star. This fight needs both men for it to be a 100M fight, not just one. That being the case, 15 million for a fight that can make 100M is a joke.

AJ fills BRITISH stadiums. That doesn't make him a worldwide star, it means he is popular in England. And his gates are good, but even his best ones are a fraction of what real stars make in Vegas in fights supposedly as big as a couple AJ has been involved in. To put things in perspective, Calzaghe vs Hopkins grossed more in Vegas THAN ANY GATE JOSHUA HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN BRITAIN. Bernard and Joe were great champions both but neither ever became a household name internationally. Let that one sink in if you want a real idea of just how popular Joshua ISN'T. Zou Shiming had 300 million Chinese viewers his debut. Is Zou a big PPV star in the US, the biggest PPV market in the world? Hell no, and neither is Joshua.

Joshua has never done a PPV in the worlds biggest PPV market and he should not expect to get paid as if he already has. And make no mistake, this fight is going to depend heavily on that same market for the biggest part of the revenue.

The 50 million was real. The offer was never formally accepted and that is why no contract was sent. But, the money was confirmed and it seems everyone in the boxing community- even AJ and Hearn- know it was a real offer except a few fans of Joshua, who insist it was not a real offer. It was as real as the lowball 15 million offer Wilder wound up formally accepting. And yes, initially it WAS sent with a 24 hour deadline: however, the truth is that offer IS STILL ON THE TABLE NOW AND HAS YET TO BE ACCEPTED. Why else did we get the whole spin about "the first fight has to be in England for the fans" and "I won't sell my soul to Wilder for 50 million"? Odd statements to make if you don't already know the offer is genuine.

It's already been explained ad nauseum why Wilder deserves an equitable percentage. In a nutshell, if Martin, Wlad, and Parker are worth what they got, then Wilder is worth much, much more. Wilder is the key to something NONE OF THE OTHERS could give AJ. The fight is bigger, the stakes are bigger, everything is much, much bigger. Yet, this has been the most unreasonable, unyielding stance I have ever seen Matchroom take for a fight they supposedly want to make...which is why ANY RATIONAL PERSON REALIZES THAT AJ AND MCCRACKEN AND HEARN JUST DONT WANT IT RIGHT NOW.

And we all know why.
      Last edited by koolkc107; 07-25-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        Belts don't equal popularity. AJ is very popular in Britain, yet relatively unknown anywhere else. So, a fight that is being broadcast worldwide, getting worldwide revenue, is not just about some local boy made good. Selling 25 dollar PPV in Britain DOES NOT make you an international star. This fight needs both men for it to be a 100M fight, not just one. That being the case, 15 million for a fight that can make 100M is a joke.

AJ fills BRITISH stadiums. That doesn't make him a worldwide star, it means he is popular in England. And his gates are good, but even his best ones are a fraction of what real stars make in Vegas in fights supposedly as big as a couple AJ has been involved in. To put things in perspective, Calzaghe vs Hopkins grossed more in Vegas THAN ANY GATE JOSHUA HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN BRITAIN. Bernard and Joe were great champions both but neither ever became a household name internationally. Let that one sink in if you want a real idea of just how popular Joshua ISN'T. Zou Shiming had 300 million Chines viewers his debut. Is He a big PPV star in the US, the biggest PPV market in the world? Hell no, and neither is Joshua.

Joshua has never done a PPV in the worlds biggest PPV market and he should not expect to get paid as if he already has. And make no mistake, this fight is going to depend heavily on that same market for the biggest part of the revenue.

The 50 million was real. The offer was never formally accepted and that is why no contract was sent. But, the money was confirmed and it seems everyone in the boxing community- even AJ and Hearn- know it was a real offer except a few fans of Joshua, who insist it was not a rea offer. It was as real as the lowball 15 million offer Wilder wound up formally accepting. And yes, initially it WAS sent with a 24 hour deadline: however, the truth is that offer IS STILL ON THE TABLE NOW AND HAS YET TO BE ACCEPTED. Why else did we get the whole spin about "the first fight has to be in England for the fans" and "I won't sell my soul to Wilder for 50 million"? Odd statements to make if you don't already know the offer is genuine.

It's already been explained ad nauseum why Wilder deserves an equitable percentage. In a nutshell, if Martin, Wlad, and Parker are worth what they got, then Wilder is worth much, much more. Wilder is the key to something NONE OF THE OTHERS could give AJ. The fight is bigger, the stakes are bigger, everything is much, much bigger. Yet, this has been the most unreasonable, unyielding stance I have ever since Matchroom take for a fight they supposedly want to make...which is why ANY RATIONAL PERSONS REALIZES THAT AJ AND MCCRACKEN AND HEARN JUST DONT WANT IT RIGHT NOW.

And we all know why.
        "15 million for a fight that can make 100M is a joke. "

Wilder AGREED to terms and anyone thinking its 100 Million fight in what WAS a Cardiff 2018 fight is smoking crack !

Comment

Has Hearn even offered a split, or a percentage, rather than just a flat fee?

Comment

At the end of the day, AJ fans are fine with the fight never happening.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              "15 million for a fight that can make 100M is a joke. "

Wilder AGREED to terms and anyone thinking its 100 Million fight in what WAS a Cardiff 2018 fight is smoking crack !
              It's amazing, the myopia some Joshua fans have.

Yes, Wilder accepted the lowball 15M...on the condition that he be NEXT!

He would have signed to fight in the Fall of 2018, not the Spring of 2019.

Well, AJ aint fighting Wilder next, so that offer is now moot. It is a non-issue.

A new offer must be given or the old offers still on the table (and that includes the 50M) must be accepted for the new dates.

The fight is a 100M fight in Vegas but for some reason AJ doesn't want to fight Wilder there.
              Last edited by koolkc107; 07-25-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I stopped reading when you said “four belts”

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  I stopped reading when you said “four belts”
                  I should have too, man.

I should have too.

Comment

Wilder doubles Joshua in US tv ratings.

The US is were all the sponsorship money is.

Match. Set. Point.

Comment

Working...
                    X