Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez Back In The Gym After Applying For Boxing License! [Video]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a big fan of Martinez, but this just reeks of the need for money. Why couldn't he parlay his good career into a Spanish commentator for a big network, or something like that? Well, hope for the best for him. Good luck Maravilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
      Well, the injuries that ended his career might have had a chance to heal now, but that's got to be offset by the fact that he's 43 now. I hope he's not struggling with money, you'd think he would have made enough from fighting Cotto alone to retire comfortably on.
      He is good. Look at Maidana.
      Once you change those dollars to Pacels, you can live like a fkin warlord in Argentina.

Comment

If he doesn't need the money he shouldn't come back. He wasn't looking very good when he retired years ago. He is old and way past prime and unlikely to beat the best guys at 154 or 160.

Comment

is this for wheelchair boxing?

Comment

In that twitter link it doesnt say anything about him applying for a boxing license (fake news.... sorry),he's prob just staying in shape

Comment

lol... no point.

Comment

My favorite boxer of the era and the reason I joined boxingscene.

For the love of God, please stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

English: The Argentinian wonder Martinez returned to the training with the Spanish coach Tinín Rodríguez #Boxeo #Boxing
                  https://twitter.com/i/status/1021409761667973123
                  Sergio has insane conditioning but the only problem is his knees, unless he was able to get new cartilage in those knees he is not going to be competitive because his style relied on his legs the most.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Sergio has insane conditioning but the only problem is his knees, unless he was able to get new cartilage in those knees he is not going to be competitive because his style relied on his legs the most.
                    stem cells ?

Comment

Lot of boxers find it difficult to stay retired, maybe its money for some, but some simply love boxing as a sport, love to fight, love to compete. Roy Jones Jr being one good example. Maybe this is the case for Sergio? Maybe he just got some motivation and his spark back. That being said, he has had his share of injuries and is at old age... Dont know if this is a wise decision, but hell, man can decide for himself. I just hope that if he ends up boxing, he wont get hurt

Comment

Working...
                      X