Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Joshua Will Not Fight Deontay Wilder at Any Cost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
    Whose gonna give you that 20k venue?
    I don't understand your question

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      actually the comments from parkers financial guys seem to fishy......since he is fighting on his 2nd hearn card in a row it would see beneficial of them to say something nice about hearn given his recent run of bad pub from parker, parkers trainer, fury and lennox.....almost seems like eddie egged parkers promoter on to say something nice about eddie/bad about wilder

because the general consensus, even from AJs countrymen and parker, is that AJs side is the one ducking and to blame....it seems to be the general consensus in boxing circles around the world if you excluse AJs over the top internet fanboys

making AJ/parker is easy because of the economics and geography.....I don't think parker was that interested in coming over to the states for a fight for low money to get his title taken.....and look what hearn did? he got parker another decent payday off of that even tho he lost

I doubt dibella could ease the blow of losing to wilder by offering another decent payday behind it

and who else in their right mind is paying Charles martin 6 mil to fight? lol....hearn overpaid to get a belt.....

the wbo belt, for all intents and purposes, is basically a euro/uk title

wilder still holds the most prestigious and is really the only one he needs for an American champion......AJs side simply has the economic ability to make the fights.......given that Joshua is a bigger draw in his country than wilder is in his.....hearn can dump 6 mil to martin where wilders side prob couldn't even assure him 2.5 mil

1) So your assumption (because that’s what it is) is that David Higgins was influenced to denigrate Wilder because he’s working with Eddie Hearn but Parker, his trainer, Barry and Fury are just telling the truth and definitely not trying to ingratiate themselves with Wilder and his team?
      Get my point? I have no proof that this unsubstantiated assertion of mine is correct but at least I state as opinion and remain consistent in such.
      You have stated conspiracy theory as fact. Poor.

2) AJ’s side have the economic ability to make fights because they and he have earned the right to do so but taking on challenges that Wilder wouldn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
        Remember that Wilder and Klitschko were both managed by Shelly Finkel so they were purposely kept apart until Wilder challenged for the WBC belt and had a few more fights under his belt. Similar to Joshua now, it was felt that unification was too soon for Wilder (fewer amateur bouts, more fights needed to hone skills and gain popularity).

Klitschko was the man to beat until Fury schooled him. But if you noticed, Fury didn't really beat him senseless: he sort of avoided fighting him and threw slapping punches, never really committing with serious leverage but racking up points and being evasive while staying in the pocket. Classic boxing finesse...

Unfortunately Fury couldn't keep it together and reneged on two rematch attempts, thereby giving up the titles. All the while, keeping Wilder out of the loop for the next two years, but still finding the time to attend Wilder's fights.

Once Fury was out of the picture, Wilder became the man to beat. But Fury never lost the lineal title, so he will be a force to be reckoned with once he is back to his previous form. Should be two more fights...

After Joshua beat Dillian Whyte in a great fight, he was required to register with the VADA clean boxing program and became the WBC mandatory for Wilder. But similar to Wilder's diversion from Klischko, Joshua chose a different path and fought a great fight with Klitschko. Klitschko NEVER fought better and Joshua showed the heart of a lion. That uppercut in the final round was a punch for the ages, perfectly timed...

Charles Martin also chose a different path. Instead of unifying with Wilder for less money, he was paid handsomely to defend against Joshua.

Ditto for Parker. Paid another nice 30% to unify with Joshua.

But I suspect the Takam and Parker fights revealed something to Joshua. He expected devastating results but they were tougher than expected. So he realized he needs to hone his skills some more.

Very different for Wilder...

His confidence is off the charts right now, especially after the Ortiz fight. THAT fight revealed something about Wilder. He's faster than most heavyweights (because he's lighter), so he can avoid incoming but is lightning quick if you make a mistake. But that's not what makes him lethal: it's his commitment to his punches. He literally punches to take your head off, committing with full leverage when he has you hurt, and is fast enough to retreat if he misses. You can't be unsure of yourself if you fight him now and you better have a solid defense if you miss.

I believe Joshua CAN beat him, but Joshua doesn't believe he can beat him. Not yet anyway, and that's ok, but don't pretend he's ready to fight him right now. Even Joshua said he won't be forced to fight him and not even $50 million against 50% can change his mind. Hopefully, they're both still in their primes when they do fight (late next year, early 2020?) and my hope is that they take each other to the next level.

If not, Fury-Wilder is just as compelling.

You know what? Great post, very good points all round.
        Except for 2 things:

1) none of this explains why Wilder is the “man to beat.” Just because fighters have chosen different paths, does not male Wilder number 1 in this division.

2) I agree that HE thinks he’s not ready for Wilder, but I think he’s overestimating the man who will lose to the first young and fast opponent he faces. Ortiz is a cracking fighter but he lacks mobility and power. Never expected him to have enough to beat Wilder purely because of the latter’s physical advantages but they only take you so far..

Comment

• Originally posted by P to the J View Post
          1) none of this explains why Wilder is the “man to beat.” Just because fighters have chosen different paths, does not male Wilder number 1 in this division.
          That's sort of the way it works. Wilder was the only remaining champion when Fury was stripped and Wilder has yet to be beaten. So he has remained number 1 in the division, the de facto champion, i.e. "the man to beat". There's a REASON why every other belt holder (including Joshua) has avoided Wilder to grab one of Fury's belts. And I don't blame them: how do you beat a fighter like Wilder? Joshua says if you really want to find out, YOU go fight him!!!

I agree that Wilder being the "man to beat" still doesn't make him the "best" in the division. But I have a hunch Joshua, Martin and Parker believe he is...

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
          2) I agree that HE thinks he’s not ready for Wilder, but I think he’s overestimating the man who will lose to the first young and fast opponent he faces. Ortiz is a cracking fighter but he lacks mobility and power. Never expected him to have enough to beat Wilder purely because of the latter’s physical advantages but they only take you so far..
          I believe Wilder beats Joshua because of his confidence, quickness, and unorthodox style. But we'll never know until Joshua is ready to step up.

Comment

Working...
          X