Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Impressive Unification- Bud or Usyk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Impressive Unification- Bud or Usyk?

The boxing world has recently had two total unifications in two divisions- Bud at 140 and Usyk at 200. I'm a big fan of both. They're both top of the p4p lists and rightly so. And of course, who is better is up for debate, but one aspect is unification of their respective divisions. Yes, they both have done this. They had different paths, though.

Bud beat then WBO Super Lightweight Champion Thomas Dulorme who sported a 22-1 record going in, by TKO in the sixth. He followed that up with successful defenses over Dierry Jean(29-1) and Hank Lundy(26-5-1). He then unified with WBC champion Viktor Postol(28-0) and won by UD. He would then make defenses against John Molina, Jr. (29-6) and Felix Diaz(19-1). Then he unified with IBF/WBA champ Julius Indongo(22-0) and stopped him in the third. Impressive run no doubt.

Usyk has fought the majority of his career at cruiserweight. He beat Krzysztof Glowacki(26-0) for the WBO crown. He then made defenses against Thabiso Mchunu(17-2), Michael Hunter(12-0) and Marco Huck(40-4-1). He then unified with WBC champion Mairis Breidis(23-0) and then against WBA/IBF champion Murat Gassiev(26-0).

Bud went 7-0 in championship fights at 140.

Usyk went 6-0 in championship fights at 200.

Based on what I have seen, I consider Breidis, Gassiev and Huck sterner competition than Postol, Indongo and Dulorme.

So I give the edge to Usyk, although it's close imo. What do you think?

(It's also interesting how they both went WBO, WBC, WBA, IBF in that order to unification)
    Bud's Unification was More Impressive
    4.35%
    Usyk's Unification was More Impressive
    88.41%
    Doesn't Matter. F@@k Off!
    7.25%

Definately Usyk. No question.

Comment

Usyk easily.

Danny Garcia had a more impressive 140 run than Crawford and was never mentioned in PFP conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
        Usyk easily.

Danny Garcia had a more impressive 140 run than Crawford and was never mentioned in PFP conversation.
        Did the the ring mag never put him in theirs? I can see him being in there at one time, but you may be right...

Comment

Ndongo is a clown. He became champion on a lucky KO.

Comment

Usyk's warpath is more impressive without a doubt.

There is no rationale at this point for Bud, Golovkin, Garcia, Rungvisai or Inoue to be ranked above him.

Comment

Usyk without a doubt. Breidis-Huck-Gassiev-Glowacki to what? Burns-Indongo-Postol?

Comment

Both were impressive.

Comment

He's in my p4p top 3, under both Bud and Loma with SSR being #4!
                  He beat the best in their hometown, def top 5 p4p since thats not done a lot nowadays!

Comment

This *******'s a no-brainer

Comment

Working...
                    X