No announcement yet.

Jessie Vargas says Haymon negotiated his DAZN deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I think it's a good thing if Haymon and Hearn work together to put on the fights we all want to see.
    Hopefully the rest of the boxing world would follow suit!

Comment

Who else thinks the name they chose DAZN is the most ******ed, unnatural sounding name for anything in the history of naming anything? DAZN? How is that supposed to roll off the tongue and become a catchy memorable corporate identity like HBO, ESPN...what a marketing blunder.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Hopefully the rest of the boxing world would follow suit!
        I think TR and GBP have made there choice and its ESPN. I had hoped ESPN would tear down barriers to making fights but I sense it will be just as problematic.

Lets hope DAZN can work with Main events, Honda and other promoters as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I was hoping Vargas would at least get a fight with Spence. Not happening now
          Think with Vargas headlining this card, and the Thurman/DAZN rumours. Vargas being number 1 now with the WBA, likely to be made mandatory, youd at least have thought Vargas would be Thurmans 2nd fight back.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            It's funny how people are writing off Hearn already when it's been literally a couple of months since he announced this DAZN deal. These things take time..

Whether people like the guy or not, i wouldn't write him off, especially after 2 months. He and his dad especially are very smart business men who have been around sports for years and years. The people behind DAZN are not amateurs or stupid, they have been around the entertainment industries for years and have huge backing. They have approached to Hearn for a reason.

There's a gap in the sports market for something like DAZN to grow into something very big and if it does, Hearn's influence will keep growing and fighters will turn to him.

Also, Haymon is just an advisor. If he feels it's financially more beneficial for his fighter to work with Hearn, he will push for that surely? - A guy like Jessie Vargas would be better off with someone promoting him and having a steady and consistent schedule.
            same thing people did with PBC but only worse. its a good thing to see haymon working with hearn imo

Comment

I think TR and GBP have made there choice and its ESPN. I had hoped ESPN would tear down barriers to making fights but I sense it will be just as problematic.

Lets hope DAZN can work with Main events, Honda and other promoters as well.
              I think Hearn will work with anyone, hes already done co-promotional deals with GYM for Beterbiev, Roc Nation for Hooker, Thompson Boxing for Daniel Roman

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                I think Hearn will work with anyone, hes already done co-promotional deals with GYM for Beterbiev, Roc Nation for Hooker, Thompson Boxing for Daniel Roman
                True but I think ESPN is using GBP and TR to push their app and likely will not be willing to use their talent to help DAZN grow its base.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  Who else thinks the name they chose DAZN is the most ******ed, unnatural sounding name for anything in the history of naming anything? DAZN? How is that supposed to roll off the tongue and become a catchy memorable corporate identity like HBO, ESPN...what a marketing blunder.
                  well if you say it properly it has 1 less syllable than HBO and 2 less than ESPN.. so it rolls ofF the tongue pretty easily.

"DA....ZONE"..

Comment

True but I think ESPN is using GBP and TR to push their app and likely will not be willing to use their talent to help DAZN grow its base.
                    Probably see whats going to happen with Top Rank and Hearn now with the Hooker and Saucedo fight in negotiation.

Comment

Arum and Hearn have a pretty good relationship and hearn has been on record padding bobs ego saying how much he looks up to him.

I think Arum would be fine with letting some of his lesser guys go over on DAZN for a fight and get paid if he cant work the dates for ESPN, but absolutely never in a million years will you see a TR main like bud or loma on there regardless of money

Comment

Working...
                      X