Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Wilder said he won’t fight on there.
    Wilder says a lot of things.

But in any case, I was talking about Broner, Thurman, Spence, Charlos etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Wilder says a lot of things.

But in any case, I was talking about Broner, Thurman, Spence, Charlos etc.
      Oh definitely not. For so many reasons.

These guys are all tight. Why would they want to work with Hearn given his attitude toward Wilder? They’ve all been under promoters before. That’s the same attitude that keeps them away from promoters.

Two, they don’t have to. They’re making great money now. Hearn is not really offering any of them money that’s mindblowing.

Three, why would they confine themselves to an app that nobody knows or cares about when they have established an audience; one that’s growing?

The list goes on

Comment

Oh definitely not. For so many reasons.

These guys are all tight. Why would they want to work with Hearn given his attitude toward Wilder? They’ve all been under promoters before. That’s the same attitude that keeps them away from promoters.

Two, they don’t have to. They’re making great money now. Hearn is not really offering any of them money that’s mindblowing.

Three, why would they confine themselves to an app that nobody knows or cares about when they have established an audience; one that’s growing?

The list goes on
        Are they making great money? Really? Fighting once a year for a million or million and a half when they should be fighting three times a year? Small charlo just touched half a mil for the first time, big charlo only touched 750k.

It's ludicrious to suggest these guys are making 'good' money where they are now.

um, for money? Most of the guys I mentioned are in the money making stages of their careers, and hopefully they have better managers attached to them than people who say "well if Wilder aint doing it, we ain't doing it" because it would be foolish to model yourself on the career of an american heavyweight champion who's highest payday was 2million after 40 fights and 8 or so defenses.

If someone comes and offers more than double what you're making, you'd be a fool not to deeply consider it.

Maybe they are all sheep like you say-

Comment

Definitely. But that's also evident by the amount of fighters who swear by him.

Because he gets them what they want.

Would be very interesting if Haymon would more willing to expand his PBC platform beyond showtime (for big fighters).
          expand to where though? ESPN? I don't see HBO doing boxing much longer. They've cut so much money, and off the top of my head what big names do they still have other than Canelo/GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
            well if you say it properly it has 1 less syllable than HBO and 2 less than ESPN.. so it rolls ofF the tongue pretty easily.

"DA....ZONE"..
            but we don't talk like that over here...I was calling it "Days Inn" for weeks before I found out it was supposed to be "Da Zone"

and now it's far too late.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              expand to where though? ESPN? I don't see HBO doing boxing much longer. They've cut so much money, and off the top of my head what big names do they still have other than Canelo/GGG?
              Yeah, you're right. Don't really know who they have

But it doesn't take a lot to turn that around.

Comment

Are they making great money? Really? Fighting once a year for a million or million and a half when they should be fighting three times a year? Small charlo just touched half a mil for the first time, big charlo only touched 750k.

It's ludicrious to suggest these guys are making 'good' money where they are now.

um, for money? Most of the guys I mentioned are in the money making stages of their careers, and hopefully they have better managers attached to them than people who say "well if Wilder aint doing it, we ain't doing it" because it would be foolish to model yourself on the career of an american heavyweight champion who's highest payday was 2million after 40 fights and 8 or so defenses.

If someone comes and offers more than double what you're making, you'd be a fool not to deeply consider it.

Maybe they are all sheep like you say-
                You’re cherry-picking one reason. I listed several. And yes, they are really making that kind of money. We’ve heard Robert Garcia say it, we’ve hears Stephen Espinoza say it.

Comment

You’re cherry-picking one reason. I listed several. And yes, they are really making that kind of money. We’ve heard Robert Garcia say it, we’ve hears Stephen Espinoza say it.
                  No I think I covered your reasoning quite well. I don’t see what Deontay’s general lack of business sense has to do with the other fighters.

If someone comes and offers you double what you’re currently making, you need a damn good reason to turn it down.

Garcia, Porter, Thurman, Spence, Broner, Charlos etc - how many times do these guys fight a year on average?

1.2 or so in the last few years. That’s not great money and it’s not great for their brand.

The public forget who these guys are between fights, because they’re that rare.

If DAZN (or anyone else) could fix that - why not?

Comment

No I think I covered your reasoning quite well. I don’t see what Deontay’s general lack of business sense has to do with the other fighters.

If someone comes and offers you double what you’re currently making, you need a damn good reason to turn it down.

Garcia, Porter, Thurman, Spence, Broner, Charlos etc - how many times do these guys fight a year on average?

1.2 or so in the last few years. That’s not great money and it’s not great for their brand.

The public forget who these guys are between fights, because they’re that rare.

If DAZN (or anyone else) could fix that - why not?
                    Again...no one is being offered double.

Comment

Working...
                    X