Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andrade, Vargas, Hooker, Roman Join Hearn, DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything named DAZN is surely doomed. What the hell kind of name is that???

Comment

Hey if this means we see less euro-bums I cant complain, more U.S.A boxing is what Brits should be watching anyways. I mean the poor bastards had to watch Ted Cheeseman, Rocky Fielding, Jamie McDonnell, Anthony Crolla, Katie Taylor, Anthony Yarde, Josh Kelly, David Price, Hughie and Tyson Fury....I mean it was excruciating watching those UK streams -- I'm glad thats over.

Comment

Eddie Hearn ****ed up big time, no big names. The people at DAZN are gonna cut ties with that Clown very soon

Comment

Roman good signing

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
            Anything named DAZN is surely doomed. What the hell kind of name is that???
            its suppose to be THE ZONE I guess their abbreviation in the uk

Comment

So can you just buy 1 month at a time and cancel? If so then 10 dollars per fight you want to see ain't bad

Comment

Originally posted by TrillScottHeron View Post
                This was a trash showcase, and I’m not even trying to be a hater. People are complaining that Eddie Hearn went about this all wrong, but I strongly believe the company behind DAZN has went about this wrong. They should never have aligned themselves with just one man. If they have as much money as Hearn says to invest in this venture they should have approached various promoters with large offers to place bouts on their service, now the US public will link DAZN to this guy and his stable of fighters whether they succeed or fail. No one looks at ESPN as just Top Rank. Or Showtime as just PBC, yet we all know where the majority of their budgets go to. Iono at the current moment I just cant see a scenario where Matchroom USA fails yet DAZN is able to stay afloat. Bellator is trash and I simply can’t see Americans being gullible enough to pay MONTHLY for this crop of fighters and the WBSS. But we’ll see, time reveals all
                No one with ties anywhere was going to abandon those partners to join up with a streaming platform with zero users. Eddie Hearn being able to simulcast his 15-20 UK cards on the platform was arguably the biggest haul of content that DAZN could expect to get to start with.

Besides that, ESPN is Top Rank Boxing (Golden Boy is done once their Tecate-sponsored deal is up with ESPN), Showtime/CBS is largely Haymon-affiliated fights, and HBO is largely The Canelo Show (keep fighters around who can dance with Alvarez on PPV, before then using the share generated from Alvarez to try and have some other fights on the network). Arguing that you have promoters freelancing their talent to multiple TV partners is silly.

The mistake was simple, imo. Eddie Hearn rightfully went out to look what fighters he could independently sign to Matchroom Sport USA, but he should've not tried to poach fighters from Haymon the way he did.

Showtime/CBS gets their fill of fights, BounceTV gets their 4 events a year, FOX/FS1 works out a deal for the content that they want (at least 4 primetime FOX cards, as many FS1 dates as they want, and some shoulder programming like PBC Jabs), and Hearn's DAZN would get anything under that that they find interesting (or simply compete against FOX/FS1 for the main PBC deal; though I doubt that the dates add up).

Hearn has his 5-6 non UK fighters, has a couple American prospects under that, and will likely sign a few more (why he isn't calling Zanfer to become the US home for Munguia and Berchelt doesn't make sense to me); a decent place to start, which could then have been supplemented with talent under Haymon if they became available. The top guys are committed elsewhere, but there's enough other talent to stuff the undercards for the other shows.

Comment

The next SMS Promotions.

Jesse Vargas is the biggest name he could sign.....lol

Comment

Pretty pathetic list of signings. They got Joshua about it...

Comment

You guys realise Hearn won't just stop signing fighters, right? More will be added. More cards will be added. The UK shows will be added. The WBSS shows will be announced. The Bellator shows will be announced.

It's an ongoing thing. You pay for the month you want. Don't like what's coming up in the next 30 days? Cancel it. Do like what's coming up in the next 30 days? Buy it.

For $10 you can't complain about new boxing content.

Comment

Working...
                      X