Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: The Offer To Deontay Wilder Will NOT Be Improving!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
    They're not necessarily better fighters, but their profiles are much bigger. They are known quan****** that the public at large will know about. Kownacki or Rivas COULD be as big or bigger names than the others, but they would have to have a big win before Wilder fought them, otherwise the majority of fans won't really give Wilder credit for beating them. I consider myself a pretty serious boxing fan (not crazy serious, but serious enough). I've heard of Kownacki and Rivas but I've never actually watched either of them fight. I have watched Povetkin, Whyte, Miller, Parker at least twice each. I'm sure 99% of casuals would have no idea who either of Rivas or Kownacki are. This makes those fights less marketable and Wilder will end up earning less.

Plus, this would lead the casuals and Hearn to say "compare Joshua and Wilder's resumes" in any future negotiations or discussions about Wilder and Joshua.
    Dillian Whyte has no profile in the US, and neither does Joseph Parker really. Jarell Miller has had a supporting spot on ShoBox, and then the chief support to that Jacobs fight on HBO, but even that isn't all that.

Rivas has been mostly off TV (kinda why I put him last) but Kownacki had a great performance on the freeview on Showtime's YouTube page, he had a great performance on FOX, and now he's set to be chief support on Showtime in about a month.

Breazeale has a name, Ortiz has a name, and Kownacki is developing a name, for the US audience just like Hearn is trying to sell the Brits on Dillian Whyte

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      not expecting a brit to understand this, but the rest of the world is incredibly suspicious of your refereeing. iffy stoppages when brits are doing the ass kicking, nate cleverly getting carried back to his corner, etc.

i'd be hugely worried about a british ref in this fight. he sees wilder do a little dance and stops it early, that's entirely conceivable. FFS eddie is taking less money to have hte fight at home! you understand that, right? ever think about why he's willing to do that in the context of a sport in which you try to maximize the earnings of an asset that depletes a little bit every time he fights?

you'd be crazy to have this fight in england and with an english ref, especially if you dn't have a rematch clause. they job you with an early stoppage, then what?

judges, i agree, they can just hand them balloons, they won't be filling out more than six rounds worth of scorecards.
      If you think you are insulting me or British fans then you are mistaking. America is just as bad as anywhere in the world. For every bad case you see in British soil, there is one on American soil. No one suggest having the fight with an English ref, you are practically reaching right now lol.

Comment

• Why is everyone still talking about this drama? Wilder is going to have to take what he can get it forget about the fight. Just the way it is. Like I've said time and time again, he's the B side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
          Honest question: why should the fight being "next" be a particular sticking point?

As for the rematch clause, Wilder should be confident of winning this fight, in which case getting the rematch will be no problem whatsoever.
          Because the further out a fight is, the more shenanigans can come up and derail things; case I point, Povetkin was the top challenger for the WBA and WBO (unsure of which mandatory was called, but WBC/WBA/IBF rotate mandatories, so let's say the WBA), and Kubrat Pulev is set to be the IBF mandatory (Hearn's stalling out of the process for Whyte and Miller basically bought him 2-3 months, but he can't stall forever). With their turn now up in the rotation, the chances that rhe the IBF stalls out their mandatory challenger for an extra 7 months due to Joshua wanting to wait until the weather gets nice for Wembley are laughable.

Wilder-Joshua happens first, the WBA mandatory is up next, there's space to get the remaining set before the mandatory, and then the undisputed champion would fight the WBA, IBF, and WBC mandatories, in that order (with the WBO being defended before the rotation comes again.

On the second point, a handshake deal is supposed to be a handshake deal; weaseling your way into having a written guarantee for one fighter is dealing in bad faith, regardless of how confident you are in winning.

Comment

• Hearn has some face, dude straight up had his boy turn down 50m dollars and he’s saying they won’t increase their offer when Wilder is offering more.

I find the behaviour of some fan boys here peculiar to say the least, is it just emotional ties or are these guys actually defending Hearn because they’re linked or connected to the business end ?

It’s evident they don’t want AJ fighting in the U.S. or Russia that I get but they’ll not be able to have British officials every fight as Parker had and was insistent on having a foreign referee and judges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              If you think you are insulting me or British fans then you are mistaking. America is just as bad as anywhere in the world. For every bad case you see in British soil, there is one on American soil. No one suggest having the fight with an English ref, you are practically reaching right now lol.
              Do you feel insulted ? It’s a common and widely held belief Hearn and Warren are as corrupt and bent as Golden Boy.

I fail to see why you believe this guy is reaching, the U.K. is seriously rotten with its officiating.

Comment

I would rather deal with facts to be honest, forget what Hearn says, just looking at thing directly. Wilder is NOT going to get a rematch if he loses, why? because he isn't the A-side.

I dont think Wilder doesn't "Want" this fight, i think both camps are hyping this fight, thats the only theory i can come up with from Wilder's point of view.

I have zero issues with refs for a this sort of fight because i know this fight isn't going to the score card. And bad refs can happen in any country. People just have to bring it up as an excuse whenever they want.

Instead of focusing about the money, why don't you talk to others about taking this fight for no money! For legacy, for all the belts, for the right to be called the man...

Again my advice to Wilder is simple, forget the money, take even less and destroy Joshua like i predict he would. They would come crawling begging for a rematch, not only that your stock rises tenfolds.

Am wait for ONE single poster that would actually suggest that....Just ONE, not the "Oh he is being offered a flat fee" bandwagon.
                You would rather deal with facts? Okay, the FACT is that Aj said if they give him 50mill he would fight. D.Wilder came up with the 50 but WHAT HAPPENED?

At 1:55 to 2:16 - Aj talks taking the fight if he got 50 mill.
                At 2:55 to 3:51 - Aj talks about top fighters want big rewards which is the position he is in. Isn't D.Wilder the big risk less reward?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSiPh7sTQfg

Is this why they told Aj to shut up? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  I agree BUT there is nowhere to go cuz the heavyweight division has been slim since the early 90's. We are the ones that have to keep pulling Aj's skirt up like I be doing to lil g cuz I don't want to see fakes at the top of competition when there is real competition being pushed to the side cuz they don't bring money to the table. The truth is they TRY to bring up some fakes like lil g to be an attraction when they can spend that energy in promoting the real ones.
                  Don’t worry. Public pressure will mount. They’ll have to be fair to a Wilder or no fight. Wilder won’t lose respect. The UK fighter and promoter have zero respect!

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    Boy pipe down before I stick a boot up your ass

Aj always said first the fight has to be in the uk

Wilder agreed to it

Wilder rejected ajs offer

Aj said fine give me 50m

Wilder then said yes but tried to change the location

Aj said it’s in the uk for the fans and he is the a side, as I thought you were bluffing fight is on the uk

Aj then gives wilder 5 times his biggest pay day or 6

Wilder is the damn b side, he fights Uber drivers,
                    Aj signed the contract and wilder turned down 15m to fight ajs left over for 2m

What a joke wilder is,
                    All he had to do was sign the damn contract but he *****ed out. Then starts to cry on the internet

The man won’t even meet aj to make a deal, they refuse to turn up to meetings

That’s how scared wilder is

Wilder said uk is where it happens, then he changes his mind like he has a choice, he is a d level bum keeping a belt hostage. Aj has given him a huge offer, he needs to find his balls and pen to fight before April also vanishes

Aj sells 1m ppvs makes 30m per fight easily, wilder is nothing but a keyboard warrior

You need to understand aj vs wilder

Wilder makes 5-6 times his biggest pay day

Joshau doesn’t even make 2 times as he alrwdy is the biggest star in boxing
                    Wilder rejected it knowing damn well he can make more initially and with a nailed on rematch with the terms pre set, what’s seriously difficult to understand why he turned it down ?

AJ and his team turned down a career high pay day for 50m dollars, how’d you defend that ? Aha he doesn’t mind earning less so the U.K. fans get to see it right. The guy is altruistic and doesn’t think of himself, my bad....

Lmao man, you guys have issues.

Comment

Funny you said that because if you go back in to my post history, in regards to Canelo/GGG first fight/negotiation, you would read the exact same thing that i post on the Joshua/Wilder negotiation/subject. The same way i urge Wilder to take anything now, is the same way i urge GGG and his backers to take whatever and KO Canelo, guess what? GGG team delayed the fight until they got more money, guess who the winner was? Canelo, had the fight happened earlier GGG would probably had taken his head off. but they let money becomes their sole motivation....Just like Wilder now.
                      lil g did get the W on the contract but he wouldn't of taken Nelo's head off but anyways....Money is the motivation for all fighters not just D.Wilder. Aj asked for a number & it was agreed but then more obstacles kept popping up after that. Its more than fair not to blame D.Wilder for this fight not happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X