Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: The Offer To Deontay Wilder Will NOT Be Improving!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares!!!! You had your chance to low ball Wilder. You have no intention to make the fight but just fool the public and your dilusional followers. BEAT IT!!!!!

Comment

In my opinion, the only way it's reasonable for Hearn to say the offer won't improve is if he had offered Wilder a percentage - this way, Wilder's take-home pay would increase relative to the increased size of the fight. Giving him a flat fee and saying that the offer won't improve is manifestly unfair because (as we all know by now) the fight will be bigger come 2019.

I don't have a problem with fighting Povetkin first, but not improving the offer is just as much bulli***** as Wilder demanding 50/50%

I think Hearn is hoping that Wilder will be so frustrated and so desperate for the fight (as he should be) that he'll just cave and agree to $15m. I really think Hearn would be better served in the long run coming to a fair deal - his profile in America is increasingly taking a hit from these Wilder negotiations and this will have a negative impact on his DAZN venture

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Deontay fights Breazeale (19-1), fights Kownacki (17-0, likely 18-0), the Ortiz rematch (28-1-2), and Oscar Rivas (24-0). Not the greatest fights, but they keep Wilder active with good fights for another 16 months.
        Objectively speaking, that's a weak list - Ortiz was a great win but I doubt people would be particularly impressed by a rematch because the age question will rear its head.

Wouldn't Wilder prefer to fight Miller or the Parker/Whyte winner?

Comment

Every other day there is a new story posted about Hearn being unwilling to negotiate fairly with Wilder. It's not news anymore. Hearn & Joshua do not want the fight. We get it. Nuff said. Now start talking about something else. For a man who thinks Wilder is not worth very much, Hearn sure talks about him a lot.

Comment

If this fight doesn't happen again in April then i really do give up on Wilder. The issue is Fury is coming back into it, Miller and Dubois are coming on strong, if Whyte wins against Parker then he gets up there too. And everyone of those would be after Joshua. His priority should be solely money. He should have that motivation to add to his only belt.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              Who wants to see AK/ Whyte if both AJ and Wilder win their next fights.
              Seriously? If Whyte beats Parker and AJ beats Povetkin then Hearn can have 90,000 people at Wembley and 1m plus UK PPV sales for two Matchroom fighters.

Easily.

That would be two British HW's ranked 1 and 3 by Ring Magazine fighting in London. They have a history, Whyte beating AJ in the amateurs, AJ beating Whyte in the professionals, but Whyte giving AJ a scare in that fight and showing steady improvement since then.

Whyte is a good talker and will be wheeled out to drive sales in the build-up. If he's managed to do well against Parker even better, still more so if he's managed to do what AJ couldn't and drop/stop him.

It doesn't have much international appeal but it will do very good business in the UK.

I'd sooner see AJ V Wilder, but don't think Hearn can't spin gold from AJ Whyte 2.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                That posters a dope brings up age and ignores a 48 year old Ortiz nearly defeated Wilder so he thinks degrading this era means anything rational .
                Do you have a reading comprehension issue? Here I’ll spell it out for the dumbfounded....the HW division top to bottom is GARBAGE

Now comprende?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                  He's just saying what we're all thinking.

If Whyte wins big against Parker he will take that $15m instead.

Whyte is on PPV here in the UK. He's ready to make the big bucks and everybody knows he is fearless. Which is more than can be said for Wilder.

Wilder has nowhere to run.
                  Wilder is not running. He's calling-out Joshua and hearing nothing but crickets. Hearn, Joshua, and British fans don't want the fight because they don't want their absurd sense of vain self-superiority challenged by a 'yank'. It's similar to some of their 'royals' from history who preferred incest/inbreeding over allowing outsiders into their monarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                    You only think it's 'garbage' because there are no good Americans involved. Wilder and Miller is all you have.
                    No, the entirety of the HW division is garbage, junk, hasbeens. None will make HOF not any of their supposed “opponents”

Face it, it’s weak

Comment

Just to put AJ vs Wilder in perspective (two undefeated heavyweight champions meeting in the ring), I'll cite the financial terms of Ali-Frazier I in March of 1971: From BoxRec: "Each man was guaranteed $2.5 million dollars, the largest single payday for any entertainer or athlete at the time." Notice: Each Man was guaranteed $2.5 million dollars," Were Frazier's opponents identical to Ali's? Nope. Were they as or more noteworthy? Nope. Did Frazier have more opponents than Ali? Ali had a 31-0 record. Frazier had a 26-0 record. If this doesn't put an end to the "A" side "B" side nonsense (or any other baloney that Eddie Hearn spouts), I don't know what would. So, we had a heavyweight championship fight (Ali vs Frazier) of far greater magnitude than Joshua vs Wilder where the fighters were each paid an identical amount, but Joshua vs Wilder is being held up because Eddie Hearn refused to permit Joshua from signing for fifty million dollars ($50,000,000) guaranteed? Anthony Joshua has done something that makes him more valuable that Muhammad Ali? Who in the world (including Joshua himself) would believe for one second that Joshua is now or ever will be deserving of a higher standing as a boxer than Muhammad Ali. Yet that is the position which Eddie Hearn has assumed and intends to impose upon Deontay Wilder and the boxing public. Equal money was good enough for Muhammad Ali, but it isn't for Anthony Joshua. Quite clearly Eddie Hearn is nothing but a con artist and should be seen by all as such. Ali fought Frazier for identical money, but Joshua walks away from fifty million dollars guaranteed rather than fight Wilder (because Eddie Hearn would not permit Joshua to sign). Ali-Frazier both undefeated champions. Joshua-Wilder both undefeated champions. Yet Joshua refuses to sign (not for an equal split of the purse) but for fifty million dollars ($50,000,000) guaranteed. Do you get it yet? Only a con artist would deny Joshua this fight contract and the public this fight, and that con artist is Eddie Hearn. One more thing; How many of the boxing public believe that Anthony Joshua's resume places him above and beyond that of Muhammad Ali's? Certainly none that are informed, objective, or sane.

Comment

Working...
                      X