Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: In Their Prime, Pacquiao EASILY Beats Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: In Their Prime, Pacquiao EASILY Beats Mayweather!

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya has hit Malaysia, where the former six division world champion is helping promote Saturday's showdown between WBA "regular" welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse and eight division beltholder Manny Pacquiao. De La Hoya, who promotes Matthysse, was battered and stopped by Pacquiao back in 2008.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“I hope not,” De La Hoya said. “Because Manny’s not the same. There’s a reason why Floyd waited so long. There’s a reason why Floyd waited so long to fight me. There’s reasons.

Floyd was calling out Oscar for years to fight him, was callling out his partner Mosely as well. I still remember that interview with Mosely after his win when they asked him about Floyd. Mosely was talking about his tooth and making excuses not to fight Floyd. They even asked him about his partner Oscar fighting Floyd and said Floyd should fight Margarito. Oscar waited till he got older to fight Floyd so he could use the excuse that he wasn't in his prime when they fought.

Comment

Pretty Boy Floyd stops Pac. Floyd was a legit killer in his pretty boy days. He was lightning fast too, unlike most people Pac fought.

It’s a styles thing. Pac will never “stop” an upper eschelon counter puncher. Prime Pac beats the McGreggor Floyd. That’s about it. Maybe the Berto one.

I love Pac. More than Floyd...by far...but give credit where due.

Oscar still salty
      Last edited by NearHypnos; 07-12-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

How is this Oscar's method for promoting the Matthysse fight? Basically saying Lucas is facing a washed up fighter. Basically saying Lucas' talent level is that of a washed up fighter, so this fight is going to be a good fight! Oscar isn't a very good promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
          “I hope not,” De La Hoya said. “Because Manny’s not the same. There’s a reason why Floyd waited so long. There’s a reason why Floyd waited so long to fight me. There’s reasons.

Floyd was calling out Oscar for years to fight him, was callling out his partner Mosely as well. I still remember that interview with Mosely after his win when they asked him about Floyd. Mosely was talking about his tooth and making excuses not to fight Floyd. They even asked him about his partner Oscar fighting Floyd and said Floyd should fight Margarito. Oscar waited till he got older to fight Floyd so he could use the excuse that he wasn't in his prime when they fought.
          Damn right. De La Hoya dragged that crap out for years.

Comment

Lol Oscar shoved one too many kitchen utensils up his ass

Comment

Floyd beats pac no matter when fight happened Floyd defense would be sharper

Comment

I think that Pacquiao would have won in their prime but I don't think he would have won easy.

I think Mayweather would have boxed and lost a UD to Pacquiao.

Comment

I see ODLH's panties are still twisted, over Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                    How is this Oscar's method for promoting the Matthysse fight? Basically saying Lucas is facing a washed up fighter. Basically saying Lucas' talent level is that of a washed up fighter, so this fight is going to be a good fight! Oscar isn't a very good promoter.

He was asked a question.

Comment

Working...
                    X