No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: Jacobs Beats Derevyanchenko and Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
    No surprise here--Abel has long admired Daniel Jacobs both as a boxer and a human being.
    So has Golovkin...

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Saunders and Derevyanchenko were BOTH willing

still using the good ol..... " dey duckin doe " line, huh ?

..... how fkn corny

Derevyanchenko, was willing.....

Saunders, was willing.....

Golovkin..... was not willing lol

and the good ol..... " but he can only fight one guy at a time " excuse..... is also as corny as fk..... because Golovkin did not select one of the guys who were standing in line..... he selected a total no-hoper who was not standing in line

GTFOH with your silly fanboy excuses
      Saunders publicly stated he could not make the May 5 date. Golovkin publicly stated when Canelo canceled the rematch that he was committed to May 5.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
        A big Jacobs fan here. And yet I can't deny it seems he fights to the level of his competition. Maybe Derevyanchenko and Charlo bring out the best in him again?
        Good point. Not impossible. But it is hard to stay hungry... As Hagler once put it, it's not easy waking up at 5 to go running when you sleep in silk PJs. I think Jacobs is slowly softening... Nonetheless, would love to see these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
          Except GGG. He doesn't count for some reason. He's just overrated.
          If he is overrated and beats Canelo, what dies that say about Canelo? There are some very good middleweights around but none that I would compare with Marvin Haggler or even John the Beast Mugabe.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Saunders publicly stated he could not make the May 5 date. Golovkin publicly stated when Canelo canceled the rematch that he was committed to May 5.
            Dervy was available though. Are you arguing that a unification fight is less important than keeping a date? Especially now when all of a sudden getting the IBF belt is important.

Comment

how could it be possible to respect your dishonest, fanboy, ass ?

that fight was RUBBISH, and it was completely unnecessary..... Golovkin insisting that he was married to that date, was just typical Golovkin fukwittery..... you insisting that Golovkin was married to that date, is just typical TonyGE fukwittery

Golovkin got STRIPPED you muppet, how the fk can you run around insisting that was a good idea?..... and the fight itself was an absolute joke

I could understand Golovkin avoiding Derevyanchenko for Saunders..... but I will never understand Golovkin avoiding Derevyanchenko for Vanes lol

FACT: not only could Golovkin EASILY have fought Saunders in June, like BJS offered..... the very second that Saunders made the offer, it was the ONLY fight to make..... no other name should ever have been mentioned

you guys are fkn dicks..... Saunders and Derevyanchenko were BOTH willing, so Drama Show was lying when he used the good ol "duckin me doe" excuse..... AND YOU KNOW IT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                Dervy was available though. Are you arguing that a unification fight is less important than keeping a date? Especially now when all of a sudden getting the IBF belt is important.
                Don't ask me ask Golovkin. What I think happened is Golovkin's team thought they could fight Derev at a later date. Tom put in a request to do that but it was rejected. They looked around for an opponent that they were sure would fight on May 5 and settled on Vanes. They weren't going to risk Golovkin getting hurt and not being able to make the fight in Sept. Theyalso weren't going to risk Derev's team stalling for a bigger purse and the May 5 date doesn't happen. Golovkin promised his fans he would fight on May 5 and he kept his promise. That's what I think happened.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  how could it be possible to respect your dishonest, fanboy, ass ?

that fight was RUBBISH, and it was completely unnecessary..... Golovkin insisting that he was married to that date, was just typical Golovkin fukwittery..... you insisting that Golovkin was married to that date, is just typical TonyGE fukwittery

Golovkin got STRIPPED you muppet, how the fk can you run around insisting that was a good idea?..... and the fight itself was an absolute joke

I could understand Golovkin avoiding Derevyanchenko for Saunders..... but I will never understand Golovkin avoiding Derevyanchenko for Vanes lol

FACT: not only could Golovkin EASILY have fought Saunders in June, like BJS offered..... the very second that Saunders made the offer, it was the ONLY fight to make..... no other name should ever have been mentioned

you guys are fkn dicks..... Saunders and Derevyanchenko were BOTH willing, so Drama Show was lying when he used the good ol "duckin me doe" excuse..... AND YOU KNOW IT!!
                  I'm not the guy who was committed to that date. Golovkin publicly stated that he was fighting on May 5. It was necessary to him.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                    If he is overrated and beats Canelo, what dies that say about Canelo? There are some very good middleweights around but none that I would compare with Marvin Haggler or even John the Beast Mugabe.
                    Are you serious Golovkin would destroy Mugabi. Mugabi is taylormade for Golovkin. He stood right in front of his opponent and took punishment for no reason that I can discern.

Comment

Don't ask me ask Golovkin. What I think happened is Golovkin's team thought they could fight Derev at a later date. Tom put in a request to do that but it was rejected. They looked around for an opponent that they were sure would fight on May 5 and settled on Vanes. They weren't going to risk Golovkin getting hurt and not being able to make the fight in Sept. Theyalso weren't going to risk Derev's team stalling for a bigger purse and the May 5 date doesn't happen. Golovkin promised his fans he would fight on May 5 and he kept his promise. That's what I think happened.
                      All three reasons run counter to the words coming from their camp. Also, Dervy publicly stated he would accept the adjusted purse Spike turned down. Even that is moot because Dervy should have been the first call in Feb once Alvarez popped positve.

Comment

Working...
                      X