No announcement yet.

honest question for AJ fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    A sides always look for advantages. For you to think otherwise shows me you don't know much about boxing history.
    They look for advantages, but not at that cost. Has never happened in the entire history of boxing that someone has been willing to take 15 million less to avoid going on the road. Fights take place where they generate the most revenue.

Lennox Lewis fought all of his biggest fights in the US because that's where the biggest money is.

Nothing else on the planet can compete with a big US PPV. Nobody has ever turned that kind of money down to go fight at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
      Same reason he fought klitschko and parker when he did instead of having 40 soft touches like wilder, because joshua is actually good! aka the real deal.
      End the thread here.

The OP would have some interesting questions, if history didn't already answer it for him/her.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        He sells the most tickets of any American fighter. Over 14,000 for his last fight, at incredibly expensive ticket prices. He generates more revenue than any heavyweight other than AJ. He's the clear #2 both in the ring and at the box office. So if the amount of tickets he sells disqualifies him from being able to fight AJ, that means AJ has to retire because there's nobody for him to fight that fits your standards.

It's a lie. Everybody knows files purses are bogus and even if they were legit, the filed purse for his last fight was over 2 million.

Several Haymon fighters have publicly admitted the filed purses are bogus, the head of Showtime has publicly admitted the files purses are bogus. Haymon's fighters, including Wilder, have laughed at Hearn's DAZN offers even though they've been much higher than the filed purses, with the fighters saying the DAZN offers are less than they really make.

Unless you really believe Cotto only made 700k for his retirement fight?!?

100% false. I don't work for Haymon and never have.

I've seen a lot of guesses as to who pays me and nobody has been even close. I'll give one final hint and it's the last I'm discussing of it. The organization paying me to post here isn't even involved in boxing (yet).
        Who cares if Wilder is the biggest ticket seller in America? He still fails to sell out.

A Wilder fight makes more than a Haye, Bellew and Povetkin fight? Care to give me the break down?

If Wilder fights made more he would have told Eddie Hearn that his 4 million offer for Whyte was less than he already gets. But he didn't. I'll go with that logic then.

Don't try and make out you work for Dana White, you obviously work for Haymon which is why you're so defensive with his guys. Nice try though.
        Last edited by Sid-Knee; 07-08-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

They look for advantages, but not at that cost. Has never happened in the entire history of boxing that someone has been willing to take 15 million less to avoid going on the road. Fights take place where they generate the most revenue.

Lennox Lewis fought all of his biggest fights in the US because that's where the biggest money is.

Nothing else on the planet can compete with a big US PPV. Nobody has ever turned that kind of money down to go fight at home.
          Don't worry, AJ will still make a truck load.

Comment

Don't worry, AJ will still make a truck load.
            I'm not worried. The fight doesn't affect my wallet. But it does show an unprecedented fear of losing that's never been seen before in boxing.

Comment

Who cares if Wilder is the biggest ticket seller in America? He still fails to sell out.
              Anybody can sell out if they choose a small enough venue. "Selling out" isn't what's impressive. Tickets sold & dollars spent is what's generated. "Sell out" is cute for marketing, but ultimately meaningless.

A Wilder fight makes more than a Haye, Bellew and Povetkin fight? Care to give me the break down?
              If Haye or Bellew could have generated the kind of money a Wilder fight would generate, AJ would have been begging for those fights. Don't recall any 15 million dollar offers to those guys.

If Wilder fights made more he would have told Eddie Hearn that his 4 million offer for Whyte was less than he already gets. But he didn't.
              If it was really so much more than he was making, he would have taken the offer. The fact that the offer, like all of Hearn's DAZN offers, was laughed at, tells you all you need to know that the files purses are bogus.

Do you or do you not believe Cotto only made 700k for his retirement fight?

Comment

Then why is AJ a 16 to 1 favorite over Povetkin, but only a 2 to 1 favorite over Wilder? You're not making any sense.
                Not sure where you're getting the odds from, as William Hill has 1/9, and shrinking. Hence the word almost.

I know you're a wilder fan boy, but hoped this was a serious thread. It's just another piss poor attempt to troll someone you dislike.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Not sure where you're getting the odds from, as William Hill has 1/9, and shrinking. Hence the word almost.
                  Bet365 had AJ 1/16 when I made the post. Surely you're not claiming the Povetkin odds are anywhere close to the Wilder odds? Even at 1/9, that is nowhere close to the Wilder odds.

I know you're a wilder fan boy
                  Really? You know that? Strange. Because I'm not even a fan and I've repeatedly said I think AJ likely wins and I've repeatedly said I have AJ ranked #1 at heavyweight.

That makes me a Wilder fan boy?

but hoped this was a serious thread. It's just another piss poor attempt to troll someone you dislike.
                  No, it's a serious thread, it's just that nobody has a serious answer.

So why don't you take a crack at it. Why reason would there be for Hearn to prefer to fight Wilder before Povetkin?

Comment

The IBO has sporadically had some incredible champions, especially at heavyweight (they give the belt away for free at heavyweight, with no sanctioning fees, which is why the recognized champion usually agrees to carry it around in addition to their other belts).

But the IBO has never been considered a world title. The majority of their divisions are usually vacant. They don't have enough clout to enforce mandatories. The major promoters largely ignore them. No major network recognizes them. They're largely irrelevant.

The only thing they have going for them is that they've consistently survived since 1993 without any major collapse ala the IBA & WBU, and therefore are the most well known of the unrecognized titles.
                    That means they can grow stronger if they continue inline because to me they have one of the best rankings in HW.
                    It will be good for them if AJ continue to hand onto their belt. Sooner than later fighters will be scrapping for their belts.

Comment

I think you focus more on AJ turning down 50mil and ignore all welders online failed promises...
                      I do sometimes like you analysis but some times its also biased towards AJ that I begin to think you have special love for wilder instead of boxing.
                      The fight not been signed cannot be attributed to a camp alone... Both camps should take responsibility for the failed negotiations.
                      They should try to renegotiate if they can but the truth is HW division will wait for nobody, it will keep moving.
                      There are other mouth watering fights around that is appealing to the fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X