Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Wilder Sign The Contract To Secure The AJ Fight On April 13th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Wilder Sign The Contract To Secure The AJ Fight On April 13th?

Regardless of which side of the story you believe, at this point Wilder is in possession of a contract for a fight with Joshua on April 13th at Wembley. Hearn has just put out a press release confirming that this is the date of Joshua's next fight, apparently irrespective of whether Wilder signs the contract or not. If Povetkin pulls off the upset, there is a possibility that this date would be reserved for the rematch.

So, should Wilder sign the contract and get this fight set in stone (assuming AJ beats Povetkin)?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    34.21%
    Sign After AJ vs Povetkin outcome
    10.53%
    Other
    5.26%

No. Wilder can’t guarantee his value a year from now. His popularity can sky rocket or it could devalue. He would be foolish.....but what I don’t get is Joshua saying he’s not taking the 50 mil to fight in America because moneys not that important, but for Joshua to fight in England he needs this huge percentage of the money. If money’s not important give wilder 50% and get it on in April. Unless money IS important then what was his problem with the 50 mil to fight in America? Which before hand said he would immediately accept.

Comment

Obviously, there's no April 2019 fight if there's no titles so I would wait to sign after the Povetkin fight. And while I think Wilder deserves 40% of the purse, I would negotiate to 35% and go for it.

Comment

It's interesting.

Matchroom have made their move and strengthened their hand. Hearn can talk with Fury, Wilder, Whyte/Parker winner and Miller and see who wants the fight the most.

Comment

1. Wilder and team accepted this offer already (But didn't sign).
          2. Wilder claims he wants this fight more than anything.

So now hes getting the fight he wants for the money he accepted... If he doesn't sign for this fight then he lied about both those points and was basically taking his fans for a ride to boost his popularity.

Only a brain dead Wilder can could refute this.

Comment

I believe the offer for April is currently the flat fee. Flat fee is BS for a unified HW title fight. So no, he should not sign that contract.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              I believe the offer for April is currently the flat fee. Flat fee is BS for a unified HW title fight. So no, he should not sign that contract.
              even though he AGREED to the flat fee terms in the contract?

Comment

Now? That's a long ways away...

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                  1. Wilder and team accepted this offer already (But didn't sign).
                  2. Wilder claims he wants this fight more than anything.

So now hes getting the fight he wants for the money he accepted... If he doesn't sign for this fight then he lied about both those points and was basically taking his fans for a ride to boost his popularity.

Only a brain dead Wilder can could refute this.
                  Love the Brits mostly 'cos of the loyalty to their fighters but you my friend are way off on this one. Wilder agreed to those terms on the assumption the fight was happening next. As for why it didn't get signed, we don't know so you can throw the blame around to both parties. The obvious here is the fight isn't happening next (which was one of Wilder's contention, I believe) so that contract is no longer relevant.

With the fight potentially happening 10 months or so from now and with the back and forth banter and outside interest, one would assume the fight is bigger now and with no way of being able to tell what his future value or future value of a fight 10months away will be, only a ****** would say sign the contract. Kind of like the way everyone was screaming "take the test" when the Floyd and Pacquaio saga was going on without looking at all the other variables that was in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    No. Wilder can’t guarantee his value a year from now. His popularity can sky rocket or it could devalue. He would be foolish.....but what I don’t get is Joshua saying he’s not taking the 50 mil to fight in America because moneys not that important, but for Joshua to fight in England he needs this huge percentage of the money. If money’s not important give wilder 50% and get it on in April. Unless money IS important then what was his problem with the 50 mil to fight in America? Which before hand said he would immediately accept.
                    what by beating breazeale?

Comment

Working...
                    X