No announcement yet.

Hearn sets the record straight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    So who gets paid for posting, who's the promoter and who's the millionaire?
    IBF gets paid for posting. WBC is the promoter. WBA is the millionaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      I've admitted dozens if not hundreds of times that this account is operated by three people. All of whom have years of experience working in boxing. Whether that's covering the sport, putting on our own events, or working for other promoters/networks.

Very few who work in boxing still hold the role they started with. Very common to switch from manager to promoter, from writer to producer, from working for a network to working for a fighter, etc.
      I have never seen you post that once.

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      So which one are you?

Comment

Then when the next Friday rolled around he claimed they'd been sitting on the contract for a week! So which is it? It's Monday when it suits him and it's Friday when it suits him.

And if he said he WOULD send the contract Friday, but then requested more time, that means he was lying when he said he'd send it Friday. So even in your version of events, he's still lying, it's just a different lie.
        He probably implied a working week, you're clutching at straws and its pathetic. I've got to hand it to you, your love of Shelly Finkel is on another level, I'm not sure there is another poster who defends their favourite fighter on here so doggedly as you.

Comment

I was about to guess this myself.

Comment

The WBA rules and the WBA bylaws both go out of their way to emphasize the priority given to unifcation over mandatories. So your post makes me believe you've never actually read the rule book.

That's a lie. Unification doesn't stop trumping mandatory until 15 minutes before purse bid envelopes are opened.
            Dude, you just flat out lied.

here's the WBA rule book:

Unified Title Defense
            . A holder of a unified title is subject to all rules requirements, including those regarding mandatory defense. In the intermediate period between the mandatory defenses, a Unified Champion will be able to defend his title against any opponent chosen from the official ratings list of the Association, or of the organizations recognized and with the approval of those organizations.
            If the defense is against someone other than the Association’s Mandatory Contender, approval must be obtained through a Special Permit.

Removal for Failure to Participate. If a boxer declines to participate in a Mandatory Defense, Elimination Bout, or Box Off, his title may be vacated, or he may be demoted, or removed from the rankings.
            so the biggest risk IS Joshua losing the belt.

sections C.46 and C.47:

46. Special Permits.
            Strict application of these rules may be suspended or modified when the Association deems them justified in its sole discretion to accommodate special circumstances, to unify championships or to establish a Super Championship. In such cases, the Association will consider a request for Special Permit (or Exception) for any reasons including, but not limited to, the following:

a. To engage in an optional title defense otherwise barred by a mandatory defense requirement, or to fight someone not the mandatory or leading available contender;
            b. To fight for a title in a different weight division for the Association or for another sanctioning body;
            c. To engage in a non-title bout;
            d. To unify an Association title with that of another organization;
            e. To engage in a bout of recognized importance and significance for the boxing world;
            f. To establish a Super Championship; or
            g. To extend or otherwise modify a mandatory defense period.

47. Considering Special Permits. Special permits may be granted, denied, or granted conditionally for good cause. They shall be approved by a two-third vote of the Championship Committee and the consent of the President. The Committee and the President in their sole discretion shall consider the best interests of boxing, the purposes and policies of the Association, and such other factors that may be relevant, and shall make their best effort to balance competing interests. The Association is not obliged to grant a request for Special Permit. When approving a request, the Association may require such conditions as it deems necessary to protect the interests of the Association and affected boxers. Requests to engage in a title unification bout shall be given special consideration, and the committee and President may give greater weight to the reasons and arguments for such requests, in recognition of the interest of the boxing community to effectuate title unifications.
            TL;DR
            unification trumping mandatory is at the discretion of the WBA, for as long as they would like to make it so. one would think if you were going to call me out for not knowing the rule book, you would make sure you couldn't be exposed by it.

you, or any of your other co-posters, have no credibility whatsoever.
            Last edited by that g; 07-05-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by that g View Post
              Dude, you just flat out lied.

here's the WBA rule book:

so the biggest risk IS Joshua losing the belt.

sections C.46 and C.47:

TL;DR
              unification trumping mandatory is at the discretion of the WBA, for as long as they would like to make it so. one would think if you were going to call me out for not knowing the rule book, you would make sure you couldn't be exposed by it.

you, or any of your other co-posters, have no credibility whatsoever.
              "Dude, you just flat out lied. "

WBC WBA IBF LIED ?

I simply refuse to believe that , those are serious accusations for such a valued and credible forum member !

Comment

Reminder, Hearn wasn't flying over for a meeting. Hearn was flying over because he was promoting a show in New York. He asked to meet with Finkel while he was in town and Finkel asked what there was to discuss if AJ wasn't willing to keep his word about the 50 million. Why would you meet to argue about the color of the ring posts when the financial offer has been rejected?
                complete and utter garbage.

If you are SERIOUSLY trying to get someone to accept a proposal, be it $50 or $50 million, and they say they are interested, and happen to be in town and would like a sit-down to discuss a few things, YOU TAKE THAT MEETING.

If you dont, then it makes it pretty clear that you couldnt care less one way or the other about making the deal, and on some level probably hope it doesnt happen.

Comment

Pretty much. There is no reliable place on the internet to get accurate information on the sanctioning bodies. Which is the #1 reason this account exists. To address a need in the boxing community for accurate information on how sanctioning bodies operate.

right, because nothing says "credibility" like an anonymous internet message board account that has changed its identity 3 or 4 times in the past several years.
                  Last edited by OnePunch; 07-05-2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                    He probably implied a working week, you're clutching at straws and its pathetic. I've got to hand it to you, your love of Shelly Finkel is on another level, I'm not sure there is another poster who defends their favourite fighter on here so doggedly as you.
                    Can't claim he was "implying a working week" after claiming originally claiming he sent the contract Friday and only switching his story to Monday after Finkel forwarded the email to media members to prove it was sent Monday.

Love Shelly Finkel? Couldn't care less about him. He's never put a dollar in my pocket. This is not about who I am a fan of. I am a fan of Eddie Hearn. I am not a fan of Shelly Finkel. But that doesn't change who is telling the truth. Eddie being so good at lying is why I like him so much. Lying is the most essential part of being a promoter. How could any up and coming promoter not be a fan of Eddie Hearn when he's been so successful and done such a masterful job?

Comment

• Originally posted by that g View Post
                      unification trumping mandatory is at the discretion of the WBA, for as long as they would like to make it so.
                      Everything is at the "discretion," but you said it's not mentioned in the rules, which isn't true.

FROM THE WBA RULES:

Requests to engage in a title unification bout shall be given special consideration, and the committee and President may give greater weight to the reasons and arguments for such requests, in recognition of the interest of the boxing community to effectuate title unifications.

The ASSOCIATION will stimulate the making of unification Title Fights with other recognized organizations, and to such event the ASSOCIATION will keep a special legislation applicable for this type of fights

Unification > Mandatory in the WBA, WBC & WBO. Unification > Mandatory in the IBF as long as the mandatory hasn't asked for a purse bid yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X