Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: Joshua Changed His Tune About Fighting Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    “My thoughts on ANTHONYjoshua and Bronzebomber situation are that when I was champ, I wanted to face the best to show the world who’s the best. Period,” Lewis stated in his first Tweet. “I’ve heard them both speak on it, but I’ve also seen that AJ has changed his tune. This isn’t a 2yr down the line thing!
    “Promoters have their own interest in making most money they can but fighters also carry weight in who they fight. If both sides wanted this fight, it would be happening. End of story. AJ taking Povetkin fight first isn’t a deal breaker 4 Wilder tho. Just don’t like the 2yr. talk.”

If both sides wanted this fight, it would be happening. End of story... - Lennox Lewis.
    You do realize that statement doesn't necessarily (logically) lead to the conclusion that you're drawing right?

It simply means that "at least one" party doesn't want the fight, not "both parties" don't. And you thought it wise to insult the intelligence of posters here? Lol

When you couple that statement with his "Wilder seems willing" line, one could reasonably deduce that he's implying Joshua doesn't want the fight

Reading comprehension is a valuable skill

Comment

Lewis is the bigger coward. Offered and ordered rematch - walked away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Thank you.
        You're welcome Rumple*

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          You do realize that statement doesn't necessarily (logically) lead to the conclusion that you're drawing right?
          If both teams want the fight it would happen period! So both teams = one side to you? Great conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
            You're welcome Rumple*
            No worries....

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              What is this guy talking about now ?? lol

Wilder cant be WILLING to do anything if he doesnt sign the contract . SMH

Lewis HAD to go to the U.S bc he was getting 8,000 fans in the U.K !
              JuggerHead shut up. Lennox Lewis was the greatest Brit Heavyweight of all time. He sees a scared bum one he sees one, nit wit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                Lennox is suggesting that Joshua is looking to fight Wilder in 2 years? I have not heard this. I believe he is more on track in saying that neither side wanted the fight right now bad enough, because if they did, it would be happening.
                Yes AJ said it in a recent interview and also said he's going to run his career the way he wants and that he's not going to be rushed into a fight. That's where Lennox got it from, it's on YouTube.

Comment

When the greatest heavyweight in UK history says AJ is dodging you have no choice but to accept it!!!

Comment

Lennox is entitled to his opinion, he never ducked anyone and fought everyone he had to fight with the exception of Bowe.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                      When the greatest heavyweight in UK history says AJ is dodging you have no choice but to accept it!!!
                      This.....

This is the difference between being a good fighter(in Joshua) and a great fighter in (in Lewis).

Lennox had to bite the bullet at the bargaining table numerous times and even done so by leaving his comfort zone in the UK to prove his undisputed status. But I guess "two years down the line " is today's new greatness.

Mind you, I am not saying Wilder does not have fault either. But at this point who has more to prove and who wants to prove more?

Comment

Working...
                      X