Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder Talks Frustrating; Looks Like Joshua-Povetkin Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    Right. I see a lot of posters seem to want to ignore that the 4 weeks between the first "improved" Hearn offer and Wilder accepting terms was them negotiating for a higher flat fee and trying to convince Hearn/Joshua to accept the $50M offer.
    They don't want no smoke! Flat-Fee? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      good lord hearn is insufferable...what a lying POS
      How do you figure that? Wilder is the one not responding.

Comment

• Bumsquad needs to talk to his management. He's either lying his ass off or his management are lying to him.

He's pissed that he's missed out on that payday!

Comment

• With as much finger pointing back and forth as has happened with this fight's negotiations... you can likely bet there's some blame that can be put on both sides. But really, it isn't so bad having Joshua/Povetkin and Breazeale/Wilder before the big mega fight. Just so we don't have more stalling after those 2... I'm good.

Joshua definitely has the tougher fight of the two, no denying it. But wouldn't it be interesting if Breazeale landed a bomb on Wilder early and dropped him? Who knows, maybe Dominic learned some things in the Joshua loss. I certainly don't expect Wilder to lose the belt to him, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dominic has some tricks up his sleeve to surprise the guy.

Comment

• I think quietly, a lot of Brits are disappointed. I’m not referring to the trolls on here. But on some level, you have to know this whole thing reeked. I’m sure tomorrow they’ll sing a different tune and come up with a good defense for Hearn, but the bad smell of this whole affair will linger.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Pretty sure this broke before the WBA news.
              These guys aren't idiots. They know the business and they sure as hell knew they didn't have time to mess around. If they were serious about making the fight, they should have shown more urgency. Both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                I think quietly, a lot of Brits are disappointed. I’m not referring to the trolls on here. But on some level, you have to know this whole thing reeked. I’m sure tomorrow they’ll sing a different tune and come up with a good defense for Hearn, but the bad smell of this whole affair will linger.
                Can you please explain to me why Finkel said he would send the unsigned contract back on Friday rather than immediately, knowing that the WBA are waiting? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                  was the contract ever received by Hearn ? Show me proof of that and plenty of fighters have turned down offers that were intended to screw them over...the A-side has the final say so now it's back to wilder and his 1.5 million paydays and AJ paydays at 20 million ..who's the winner ?
                  Plenty of fighters have turned down $50 Million dollars to fight in Las Vegas? Who? Forget 3, just name one fighter in the history of boxing, that has turned down $50 million dollars guaranteed, AND 50% of the total revenue!

Joshua Vs Wilders Talks 'Positive' And 'Negotiations On Going' Says Hearn

According to promoter Eddie Hearn a showdown between IBF/WBA and WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua and WBC titleholder Deontay Wilder has a ’70 percent’ chance of happening next in a multi million pound unification battle.

Hearn revealed that in the last 24 hours negotiations have become advanced following Wilder’s $50 million pound offer to fight Joshua, last week.

Speaking to Sky Sports earlier today Hearn said: "70 per cent. Their side has been very vocal in letting the media know about everything that is happening.

"We’ve had some positive conversations over the past day or so. Negotiations are ongoing and we’re all hopeful to reach an agreement."

Confirmation of Wilder’s $50 million offer has reportedly been validated by his representatives which has made Hearn sit up and take notice.

http://www.secondsout.com/news/main-...ing-says-hearn

May 2, 2018:

Team Wilder countered with a guaranteed offer of $50 million.

Hearn and Joshua wanted to proof of funds - which they apparently received from Wilder co-manager Shelly Finkel.

The two sides have been in communication over the past two days, with very positive talks, and Hearn believes the fight is now much closer to coming off.

Asked how likely the fight was to be agreed, Hearn exclusively told Sky Sports: “70 percent.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-w...e-deal--127770

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post

Bumsquad needs to talk to his management. He's either lying his ass off or his management are lying to him.

He's pissed that he's missed out on that payday!
                    Donkey Wilder said it himself "I'm happy it's over" that means he won't have to pretend like he wants this fight any more, I guess Donkey is tired of lying to his fans.

Comment

• AJ v Povetkin and on the undercard Whute (assuming he beats Parker) v Ortiz for WBC mamdatory. Wembly blockbuster and means chicken legs can't duck anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X