Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: At This Stage, I Believe Wilder Does NOT Want Joshua Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    Even you don't believe the garbage you type...

If Wilder would really rather fight breazeale, he's had ample opportunity to go ahead and make that fight. Hell, he could've done that after Hearn offered him 12.5 million flat.

What he wouldn't have done, is come back with a $50 million guarantee + upside, and then after it was turned down, agree to fight AJ in the UK for Hearn's "revised offer."

You don't have to be from a certain country, or root for either fighter to see who's playing games with who...I don't even think Wilder's side has mentioned Breazeale since these negotiations began. Only one side has mentioned him, and that is the only side mentioning alternate opponents.
    Nothing but delusion here mixed with dementia ! lol

First off had Wilder decided to immediately take the Breazeale fight the boxing community would have roasted him .

Except his fans of course who were already building up Breazeale after calling him a fat bum when Joshua knocked him out ,right ?

Secondly , the counter offer was a ploy to get more money .

The irony here is team Wilder could have negotiated in the beginning but decided not too . Here we are and hes still AGREED to flat fee and were going on day FIVE with no signing ????

Where are all the Wilder cry babies now , when they were complaining about Hearn not sending a contract that he HAD sent ,its about wasting time right ? lol

Thirdly Breazeale has OPENLY admitted he signed to fight Wilder if Joshua negotiating does not make the fight next . Its NOT one side , i do however know Wilder is a HABITUAL liar ,im just not dumbed down like his fan girls !

( No offense )
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-25-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      Both subjective. The figures for American PPV are still subject to speculation on multiple counts.

How many of the majority purchasers..that being the casual fan, would they reasonably expect to buy a PPV for two people whom in the USA have never had a PPV before.

What's the price of that PPV going to be? 70 dollars.. 80 dollars? Good luck getting over 400k buys at that price. AJ will get his guarantee and as will wilder his flat fee purely from the revenue generated on UK soil .. they of course want to maximise profit but best believe Hearn will be looking at the long term with his DAZN deal.

If he feels an outrageously priced US PPV only offers buyrate and financial end product that is not hugely above what he could get for DAZN subscriptions then why wouldn't he put it on DAZN? I'd rather have 1000,000 people ( which wilder fans think is the number this charade generates ) paying 15/20 bucks than 400k paying me 60 or 70. Sure.. I lose maybe 10 mil overall..but my DAZN platform retains those subscriptions for future months.

As for your theory on Hearn signing nobody... You have no knowledge of that and nor do I until the DAZN presser on the 4th.

I think Hearn will have signed a good chunk of whom he wants.. not all.. but enough to blow your theory wide open
      The BLUE is false...nobody is required to keep a DAZN sub longer than the month they pay for. Unless Hearn is offering a Wilder-AJ every month, I sincerely doubt few people would retain those subs in "future months" to make losing $10M worthwhile. Also, for a fight of this magnitude, I don't know why only 400,000 people would purchase it on TV, yet double that amount would purchase an app? People who have fight parties would purchase regardless, and I doubt a significant number of casual fans are going to go through the trouble of purchasing a downloading an app, they have no future use for.

I think you guys are seriously OVERESTIMATING the appeal of a $20 boxing app, in the US.

As for the RED, I guess we'll see. I don't think he's gotten much of anybody he wants...definitely not anybody that's going to justify charging $20/mo. to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        what is my bias? im not american. i dont care who wins the fight. i consider aj the favorite to win. im a huge fan of eddie hearn.

i dont need to be biased to see through eddie's propaganda. he is incredibly skilled. i admire him. this fight happening or not happening doesnt affect my wallet.

eddie is full of ****. that is fact. its his job to be full of ****. i appreciate his skill. its not a criticism.
        So you can't dispute what I said then? If anything untoward was in the contract Finkle would have put it out all over the place.

And yes, you are biased.

Comment

The BLUE is false...nobody is required to keep a DAZN sub longer than the month they pay for. Unless Hearn is offering a Wilder-AJ every month, I sincerely doubt few people would retain those subs in "future months" to make losing $10M worthwhile. Also, for a fight of this magnitude, I don't know why only 400,000 people would purchase it on TV, yet double that amount would purchase an app? People who have fight parties would purchase regardless, and I doubt a significant number of casual fans are going to go through the trouble of purchasing a downloading an app, they have no future use for.

I think you guys are seriously OVERESTIMATING the appeal of a $20 boxing app, in the US.

As for the RED, I guess we'll see. I don't think he's gotten much of anybody he wants...definitely not anybody that's going to justify charging $20/mo. to see.
          I never said it was a pre-requisite to keep the app for a minimum term. But of you think every person who pays for that PPV wouldn't buy the app for a month for quarter of the price OR LESS and then have a significant enough portion of that customer base eitherbr content enough with it to keep it or simply forget about it then I can't help you.

As for over estimations.. you are vastly overestimating the magnitude of this fight. The majority of the ppv buy base has and always will be the casual fan and I'm sorry to tell you this but the US casual fan base in comparison to ours.. simply does not give a **** about this fight.

You have no chance of this fight ..if priced at the typically outrageous prices you guys have over there getting more than 400k. I mean... What was the last PPV non Floyd or Canelo that did those numbers? And if you can give me one from the last 5 years then I want you to tell me how PPV established the fighters were at that point because I guarantee they weren't both no prior US PPV , barely breaking 1 million prime time non PPV viewership number fighters.

As for your last point on purchasing an app they have no future use for.. let's twist reality and say for example it was on both DAZN app and showtime PPV.

Which would you be buying..regardless of whether you remembered or wanted to cancel the app after? You know which one.

As for the red.. it won't be 20 dollars anyway. I think 10/15. Again.. why is this a pay to see just boxing fights thing? The whole app is going to have multiple sports..loads of different content and alot of content for boxing both live and On demand like Netflix programming. If it fails it's because people are ignorant and think it's 20 bucks or whatever and the apps just blacked out and shows nothing unless a Hearn cards on

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            You sound like a child. "He said it first!" or "They're doing it too!".

It makes sense to wait a few days to see what happens before screaming Wilder doesn't want the fight. Think about it, the only reason Hearn was spouting off about Wilder on Sunday was because Wilder called him a liar in an interview with Michelle Phelps.
            Just as long as you say the same to all the Americans round here spouting off and blaming Joshua when it's clear who is holding this fight up.

Comment

Link stating that was put in the contract...

I also said the fact that there was no named network for US distribution was a major holdup. You'd agree Showtime would have to be included, because both fighters, especially Wilder has a relationship with them?

Hearn used the sponsors and obligations excuse as a reason to not verbally accept the $50 million when it was offered.
              Hearn has been saying Sep won't be a go. He's looking at Oct/Nov time.

You're asking me for links but provide none yourself for what you're saying?

Finkle had 2 questions he needed answering, Hearn has answered those questions, he's confirmed on world boxing news. If there was anything wrong with the contract, Finkle would let everyone know. But he hasn't. So keep all the nonsense you have to say to yourself unless you can back it up.

Comment

• Apparently finkels sending a signed contract on Friday. Thank the lord for that... Then we can get back to proper threads

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  Eddie is doing a great job of applying pressure by constantly threatening the Povetkin fight. He's not doing anything I wouldn't do and I'm not criticizing his tactics. I'm just pointing out what they are. The problem is AJ fans take it as an insult if you point out that Eddie is manipulating them.

Eddie is manipulating nobody. He's using truth and bargaining power to his advantage. That bargaining power was earned by building AJ as he did. He has the A side so he will leverage every advantage possible. People can make their own minds up here about who wants the fight more.

Wilders people thought that the $50m offer would put them in a position of power. It didn't. It merely loosened the shackles to get an improved offer for a UK fight. Wilder is still cornered.

I appreciate that you appreciate Hearns tactics, but to me it seems clear as day that he has offered every opportunity to Wilder to take the fight. Yes, he's using Povetkin to tighten the screw to get Wilder to get a move on but there's nothing underhanded about this. Wilder has also been using Povetkin to force improved terms too.

How long did it take to make the Parker fight? And how long is it taking to make the Wilder fight? Wilder is the one making things difficult here.

He potentially earns far more in a US fight whilst Joshua potentially only makes slightly more. Wilder is sore that he might not get paid as much as he could for his big fight by fighting in the UK, I get that. But he needs to move on and accept the current situation or offer AJ an improved deal for Vegas.

He is the one who shouted about the fight so much in the first place. If he's not happy with the deal he shouldn't have publically accepted terms that may not have even been finalised and requested a contract. Sounds like a PR own goal to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                    So you can't dispute what I said then? If anything untoward was in the contract Finkle would have put it out all over the place.
                    If Finkel thought the deal could be salvaged, he would keep his mouth shut and try to get the language massaged to a point he could live with.

Finkel speaks out very rarely. He's not a promoter. Eddie is a promoter. It's Eddie's job to speak out and work the jury. Which is why he devotes so much time to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                      Just as long as you say the same to all the Americans round here spouting off and blaming Joshua when it's clear who is holding this fight up.
                      I summarily ignore all posters with a history of inflamed uninformed rants.

What's clear is that we are either close to a signed fight or close to a complete breakdown in negotiations. Team Wilder is no more of a hold up than Team Joshua was when they took a week to get Wilder a contract.

You ever notice that we haven't heard much from Povetkin or the WBA? Think about that in the context of timelines. Only Hearn mentions them and not with specifics like deadlines.

Comment

Working...
                      X