Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumors that Daniel Dubois got busted up and quit in sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not surprising. I ever thought he is overhyped

Comment

If it's true it shows a lack of fight needed at the top level.

It's fine being beaten up in sparring during a hard camp, lots of fighters do that to learn to survive i.e go into a ring with no energy against a fresh sparring fighter or fighters rotating in and out..... you need to experience the deep end before it happens in the ring at least.

Quitting is a no-no, fighters should fight until they can't fight any more.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Frank Warren is highly educated , clearly that poster lacks an education !
        You would be shocked what the internet or these forums does to a highly educated people. You already have people using "Doe" as though in texts due to boxingscene.

Comment

Don't know if it's true or if it even matters, but it's a bit of poetic justice that a fighter who made his name off sparring stories is now on the wrong end of one himself

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            If it's true it shows a lack of fight needed at the top level.

It's fine being beaten up in sparring during a hard camp, lots of fighters do that to learn to survive i.e go into a ring with no energy against a fresh sparring fighter or fighters rotating in and out..... you need to experience the deep end before it happens in the ring at least.

Quitting is a no-no, fighters should fight until they can't fight any more.
            Not really. Nigel Benn only ever used sparring to tune up his skills and didn’t like to go to war. But look at how he fought in the ring.

It’s just different attitudes really. It’s like when people make a big thing of being dropped by body shots in sparring, as if you need to put your body through the same stress when working on skills as you would under the bright lights

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Not really. Nigel Benn only ever used sparring to tune up his skills and didn’t like to go to war. But look at how he fought in the ring.

It’s just different attitudes really. It’s like when people make a big thing of being dropped by body shots in sparring, as if you need to put your body through the same stress when working on skills as you would under the bright lights
              Did Nigel Benn ever quit in sparring? If that's how he trained then that's how he trained, but he didn't train like that his whole career, I've seen the videos... he also fought bravely and proved himself.

You have to admit, quitting in sparring is NEVER good, and I'm talking about those hard spars that most fighters go through to get prep, or when they are young, you test them.

I'm sure Benn had those when he was learning and coming up, in fact I know he did.... I don't think you will find many good boxers who just worked on a few things their whole careers and weren't tested at some point before stepping up.

Comment

If Boxnationfan really is Warren, I'm now in fear for my life I can probably never step foot in England or Fish Eyes' goons will roll up on me and break my kneecaps

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  Bunce's high pitched piping tones when he speaks is sweet nectar to the ears of BoxNationFan.

He extracts audio from Box Nation cards from 2011 and listens to it in headphones all day and night. His favourite being the Liam Walsh v Paul Appleby card.
                  Hahahaha you funny bastard.

Comment

yeah i can confirm its true. bakole was getting the better of him so he cut the session short, more out of frustration than a bad beating.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post

Anyone got any details? If true it's not a good look.
                      I try to make some sense...

... Tomorrow, both Dubois and Bakole Ilunga have fights (in London and Glasgow, respectively)... Now: who was sparring who?...

Comment

Working...
                      X