Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if postol is so good how come hes such a massive underdog....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Honestly, if Taylor is able to handle Postol with which those odds makers seem to think I'll be very impressed. I think he's looked excellent thus far and despite Postol's two years with only one fight I think he'll be up for this one. He probably lost something in the Crawford fight and since but he's still an experienced former world champion with quality. Taylor will win but to get this scalp within 12 fights is more of an indication of what he could be more than what Crawford isn't.

Revisionist history won't diminish the Crawford-Postol too much though. Postol was on a good run, avoided by many and had a lot of posters here claiming Bud would duck him and then he's chopped liver because he was routed. He's not going down in the hall of fame but is the fact that Fernando Vargas isn't going into the hall of fame going to really make Trinidad's battle with him any lesser than say, Canelo's win over Cotto? Of course not. Individual fights and their respective merits are completely overlooked these days by this "resume" obsessed generation when in reality when you are talking of current pound for pound talk oftentimes accomplishments and the manner of the fights is perhaps more important than the name of a guy. Leave the "resume" stuff for when we are ranking in a historical sense i.e - when they are retired or washed up not in their primes.
    thats a fair post^

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
      so if he clears out 140 like crawford, does he get rated the same way?
      If Taylor wins the WBSS which would get him 3 titles he'd likely be in the p4p lists yes. Especially if he dominates and barely loses a round but perhaps he'd have to clean out another division to be top 2-3 the way Crawford did.

Comment

no its not....
        Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Dude it's pathetic as heck. The fact that he can't see his own hypocrisy makes it even sadder
        I read these back to back and started laughing hard a f-ck.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I read these back to back and started laughing hard a f-ck.
          get the helll out of my thread!!!!!!

Comment

can u and someone else address the damn question instead of throwing out insults?
            I can't treat this thread like it is legitimate. Context matters so there is no way a rational adult boxing fan thinks Postol today is the same as Postol was when he fought Crawford.

If you want to get real-this is most likely a fake question asked solely so you can accuse anyone that answers "No, it doesn't mean Taylor goes on the p4p list" of being pro black or biased against white or non american fighters.

You do this stuff day in and day out. Why?????????
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-20-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

somehow crawford isnt the real deal now and postol sucks.. tell us why youre really mad op

Would fancy crawford against all of them, said before tonight he would dominate postol easy, is the real deal
              nah i think it will be one sided too, will see the difference between a very good fighter in postol versus potential P4P fighter in crawford

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I can't treat this thread like it legitimate. Context matters so there is no way a rational adult boxing fan thinks Postol today is the same as Postol was when he fought Crawford.

This is a fake question asked solely so you can accuse anyone that answers ," No, it doesn't mean Taylor goes on the p4p list" of being pro black or biased against white or non american fighters.

In other words its the same old dramashow show.
                why was brook considered the same fighter when spence beat him then? he took far more punishment than postol.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  somehow crawford isnt the real deal now and postol sucks.. tell us why youre really mad op
                  yeah i said it wouldnt be a tough fight. glad you bumped them for me so people cant say im flip flopping. and yes thats what crawford still is 'potential p4p'. hes gone on to do nothing after that postol win

Comment

so if he clears out 140 like crawford, does he get rated the same way?
                    He has to be ranked in the top ten if he beats : Jose Carlos Ramirez, Regis Prograis, Viktor Postol, Adrien Broner, Antonio Orozco, Ivan Baranchyk ; then he has to move up in weight and do it again.

Comment

why was brook considered the same fighter when spence beat him then? he took far more punishment than postol.
                      He wasn't considered the same fighter by anyone with common sense. You thought he was the same and would beat Spence. You were wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X