Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made Canelo fail versus GGG the first time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo did what he could without gassing and getting stopped. It won't look much different this time I don't think. He opens up he gets lit up, he will pick spots and play defensive and depend on the cards to go in his favor.

Comment

Canelo just doesn't have the stamina and consistency. He did well when he let his hands go BUT all of that burns his energy and its tough doing that against a fighter like Golovkin.

Comment

CaneLo first tasted a round of jabs from GGG and then he got on his bike and backpedaled for most of the fight, I saw Golovkin win 9 rounds but whatever. He couldnt do much against pressure and jab of GGG, people think its easy to stand there and eat jabs all night but it isn't. Canelo got discouraged as the fight went on, yes he won the last rounds but that was it. If you see the pics in Canelo's afterparty, he looked like a beat fighter, I can't stress this enough, the eyes dont lie.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          Sustainable pace, Golovkin's was actually higher. It appeared to me that Canelo could pick any minute of any round and win it thoroughly but 2 minutes he could not. It could also be, I suppose, that Canelo was afraid, afraid to give 100%, punch himself out and then be at the mercy of the relentless Golovkin.
          And at this point in his career, there's no reason to expect Alvarez will change. He's always had output issues related to his stamina.

It's actually a good reason to believe he would use PEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            So you think GGG is the superior boxer but was the one outperformed?
            No! GGG was neutralized and limited to only throwing a jab (which he missed about 400 times) He couldn’t cut off the ring, he couldn’t land any body shots; and he couldn’t land any power punches! Canelo clipped his wings!

Comment

From what I saw it was Canelo's stamina that hurt him.

Comment

I think it's his stamina. If he had great conditioning, he'd be a different animal. I remember a trainer explaining why Canelo tires easily and needs to fight in spots to preserve his energy. Something about him being short and stocky and how the blood flowed on a person with his physique and how there was really nothing that can really help him, that's just how he's built.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
                  No! GGG was neutralized and limited to only throwing a jab (which he missed about 400 times) He couldn’t cut off the ring, he couldn’t land any body shots; and he couldn’t land any power punches! Canelo clipped his wings!
                  Then why Canelo couldn't beat (let's say at least clearly) a wings clipped GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                    I think it's his stamina. If he had great conditioning, he'd be a different animal. I remember a trainer explaining why Canelo tires easily and needs to fight in spots to preserve his energy. Something about him being short and stocky and how the blood flowed on a person with his physique and how there was really nothing that can really help him, that's just how he's built.
                    I think it's the way he fights too,
                    his all reflexes, quick crisp punching style drains a lot of energy.

Plus for sure, he isn't built like a marathon runner.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
                      GGG was just carrying Canelo the whole fight. He did it for his fans to make an exciting fight and to secure the rematch. Canelo gets KO'd this time around and then a trilogy cause there's a lot of money.

Comment

Working...
                      X