Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: I Would Rather Fight Jessie Vargas Next Than Ugas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: I Would Rather Fight Jessie Vargas Next Than Ugas

Yordenis Ugas wants to fight Errol Spence Jr. next, but the feeling isn't mutual. Spence said during a post-fight press conference late Saturday night that he would rather fight Jessie Vargas in his next bout than Ugas. The unbeaten IBF welterweight champion would prefer facing the winner of the upcoming Danny Garcia-Shawn Porter fight next, but Garcia or Porter wouldn't be available before the end of this year and Spence wants to fight a third time prior to the end of 2018.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well to those who complained about the idea of Ugas, here you go.

Comment

Broner rematch happening soon though?

Comment

khan and broner don't want that (man down) work so why not vargas.

Comment

Vargas, Ugas, and Figueroa all make sense for his third fight this year.

Then the Porter/Garcia winner for Feb 2019

Comment

spence is ducking ugas. vargas is feather fisted and is no threat! let him rematch bonehead. spence has to fight ugas or else he gets stripped!

Comment

I don't really like Spence vs Ugas but I will take it over Spence vs Jessie Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
                spence is ducking ugas. vargas is feather fisted and is no threat! let him rematch bonehead. spence has to fight ugas or else he gets stripped!
                Stripped? He just fought a mandatory. The IBF doesn't order mandatories consecutively like that. It's usually: mandatory, voluntary, mandatory (or unification with an agreement for the mandatory next)

He won't be getting stripped anytime soon

Comment

I thought they made Bum Fights illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Vargas, Ugas, and Figueroa all make sense for his third fight this year.

Then the Porter/Garcia winner for Feb 2019
                    spence vs figueroa? why? who would watch that mismatch?

Comment

Working...
                    X