Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would prime Cotto do against today's welterweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd favour him over Garica, Porter and Thurman.

Comment

Crawford is the only one I would actually favor over Cotto. I feel like Bud is operating at a Mayweather level. Spence still has time to prove he would beat a prime Cotto, but right now i'm not sure, I would say Spence vs Cotto is 50-50 based on what I've seen from Spence.

Thurman could maybe catch Cotto, but prime Cotto only wilted to crazy pressure, not boxer punchers. I think Cotto beats the rest.
      Last edited by Zaryu; 06-17-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
        Let's say the Cotto that beat Mosley or the Cotto that walked into the ring against Margarito in their first fight.

How does he do against Thurman, Spence, Porter, Garcia and Crawford? What are your thoughts?

We can all agree they'd be great fights.
        If he came out of retirement today, he would beat Horn

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
          i think id favour all the others against him apart from garcia, who i wouldnt count out agaisnt cotto either.what basis is there to think that cotto is some monster? A razor thin win over mosley is good but is it really the earth shattering win that people make it out to be? hes basically made a career over it when as far as im aware mosley has a few losses. ive never known a fighters 'prime' end so soon.he got his arse kicked by margarito at 147, struggled hugely against josh clottey, and was the last guy that pacquiao stopped. even malignaggi gave him problems. trout gave him a boxing lesson. mayweather played with him. one of canelos easiest big fights. i know some of them are at different weights but people act like he was shot when he was in his early 30s lol, he wasnt shot he was just never that good. ANd if he suddenly 'wasnt the same' after losing to margarito, that shows hes mentally weak. ive never known such an overrated fighter in all my life.
          You are delusional and I can name a more overrated fighter: Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
            No, it's too early to make that claim for any of them. I am saying they beat Cotto though.
            and we agree to disagree

Comment

Let's get real, Cotto would lose to everyone of those guys except Garcia and Porter

Comment

Cotto was NEVER the same after Margo

any version of Cotto post Margo is a lesser, washed up version

pre-Margo Cotto was a helluva fighter

he destroys Garcia, Porter and Thurman. KO's those chumps with ease

beats Spence with some difficulty

Crawford's too tricky and versatile, 50/50 fight
                Last edited by lopetego; 06-17-2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

jajajaj some posters are funny or idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                    I think he beats Thurman, Porter and Garcia for sure. Crawford and Spence are trouble. Not sure about those to be honest. 50/50
                    Agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      Cotto arguably hits harder than Spence and Spence might walk in to huge left hooks. Spence is also smaller than Margarito and doesn't have the tenacity.

Cotto beats all of them IMO.
                      ? Nah, not quite.

Comment

Working...
                      X