Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would prime Cotto do against today's welterweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imo he’d lose to Crawford and Spence, beat Thurman and porter. Danny would be a toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Sounds like a whole lot of excuses

Cotto being a beast at 147 is a myth Thurman is already more accomplished in the division than Cotto ever was

The Mosley that Cotto beat would beat anyone Thurman has beat.

And imo a prime Cotto beats Thurman with his backwards fighting style. If Luis Collazo could badly hurt Thurman with a body shot then imagine what a prime body punching Cotto would do.

And those aren't excuses, those were the circumstances surrounding those fights I mentioned. Those are fact.

The first Cotto-Margarito fight is questionable, I didn't lie about that.

When Cotto fought Malignaggi, it was his last fight at 140.

Cotto did have a cut the size of his eyebrow on his eye in the Clottey fight. I didn't make that up.

Cotto was one of Mayweathers best fights and one of his most entertaining.

Cotto was 35 when he fought Canelo and was the smaller man, I'm not making that up.

Anyway, bottom line is Cotto is definitely a Hall of Famer and will indeed be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

People can say what they want, but the bottom line is that Cotto is a Hall of Famer and that's all that matters.

Comment

Tbh I think he would beat them all. I thought Cotto beat Canelo also the other year.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
          Let's say the Cotto that beat Mosley or the Cotto that walked into the ring against Margarito in their first fight.

How does he do against Thurman, Spence, Porter, Garcia and Crawford? What are your thoughts?

We can all agree they'd be great fights.
          Cotto weighed 159lbs during fight night when he was at 140. And more likely weighed more at welterweight.
          He beats garcia, he’s bigger, better and has the chin not to get KOed with one shot.
          He beats thurman as well, I don’t know how thurman will fight him but if he fights him like he did Garcia then Cotto beats him. Cotto has the footwork, and has better fundamentals than thurman.
          At 140 crawford beats cotto probably, at 147 it’ll be a better war. Seriously I think prime cotto really has the pulse and timing to land his own shots. And can take punishments.

Spence is a match up problem, spence will probably win but it will still be a war.

Cotto beats porter.

Comment

I think Thurman, Spence and Crawford beat him in competitive fights, 50-50 with Porter and I would give Cotto a slight edge over Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
              margarito too. quite a few people thought clottey beat him also

Oh and let's see torn biceps in his very last fight otherwise he wins that one. If not for the cut the size of an eyebrow on his eye he would have beat Clottey easier.

And Margacheato, well we all know that fight is questionable with the plaster hand wraps scandal.

What a coincidence that after Margacheato got caught trying to use plaster he never had another knockout in his career ever again.
              Last edited by True That; 06-18-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Miguel destroys all but Crawford.

This is a true 50/50 fight. We never seen Bud take body abuse like Cotto used to shed.

Hell of a fight!!

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                  Oh and let's see torn biceps in his very last fight otherwise he wins that one. If not for the cut the size of an eyebrow on his eye he would have beat Clottey easier.

And Margacheato, well we all know that fight is questionable with the plaster hand wraps scandal.

What a coincidence that after Margacheato got caught trying to use plaster he never had another knockout in his career ever again.
                  if, buts, maybes. if my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

Comment

That loss to Margacheato is obviously questionable because of the plaster hand wraps incident, duh.

If I remember correctly Cotto had a cut the size of his eyebrow on his eye which impaired him in that fight against Clottey. If he weren't cut he would have definitely had an easier time and won easier as well, duh.

Malignaggi gave him problems? Lol, okay. Malignaggi's face was swollen to the size of a watermelon but he gave him problems, lol. Cotto couldn't sustain a constant attack in that fight due to his struggle to make 140, which coincidentally the Malignaggi fight was his last fight at 140. Look at the weigh in pictures for that fight Cotto looked like a starving concentration camp prisoner.

Cotto gave Mayweather one of his best fights, what are you talking about? To this day, many fans say a fight of Mayweathers they like to watch, which is very few of his fights, but they say they like to watch the Mayweather-Cotto fight because it was a good fight. Cotto made Mayweather fight and it is one of Mayweather's fights that was actually fun to watch. So you have no clue with this either.

By the time Cotto and Canelo had fought, Cotto was 35 and Canelo was 25. And Canelo was much bigger. Duh. We all knew what kind of fight that was. Even with those odds against him, Cotto conducted himself well and didn't get embarrassed.

But keep spewing nonsense though.
                    see above ^

Comment

That loss to Margacheato is obviously questionable because of the plaster hand wraps incident, duh.

If I remember correctly Cotto had a cut the size of his eyebrow on his eye which impaired him in that fight against Clottey. If he weren't cut he would have definitely had an easier time and won easier as well, duh.

Malignaggi gave him problems? Lol, okay. Malignaggi's face was swollen to the size of a watermelon but he gave him problems, lol. Cotto couldn't sustain a constant attack in that fight due to his struggle to make 140, which coincidentally the Malignaggi fight was his last fight at 140. Look at the weigh in pictures for that fight Cotto looked like a starving concentration camp prisoner.

Cotto gave Mayweather one of his best fights, what are you talking about? To this day, many fans say a fight of Mayweathers they like to watch, which is very few of his fights, but they say they like to watch the Mayweather-Cotto fight because it was a good fight. Cotto made Mayweather fight and it is one of Mayweather's fights that was actually fun to watch. So you have no clue with this either.

By the time Cotto and Canelo had fought, Cotto was 35 and Canelo was 25. And Canelo was much bigger. Duh. We all knew what kind of fight that was. Even with those odds against him, Cotto conducted himself well and didn't get embarrassed.

But keep spewing nonsense though.
                      and malignaggi cotto was a lot closer than cotto mayweather. that says it all really.

Comment

Working...
                      X