No announcement yet.

Arum: When Spence vs. Crawford can sell 500k PPV buys we'll start to talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum: When Spence vs. Crawford can sell 500k PPV buys we'll start to talk

Arum said this last week. So stop with the "Spence don't want to fight Crawford" narrative. Arum already said he won't even entertain the fight until they can do 500k PPV. Spence is being realistic with his options as of now. And he's doing his part building his name and drawing power

It makes sense. Otherwise Arum would have to foot the bill like other promoters when a PBC fighter is involved.

Comment

Sooooooo never.

Did you see Spence tonight? All the talent in the world, but little personality. Same for Bud. They're not PPV guys and never will be.

Spence-Crawford for all the titles, undisputed, would sell 300-400k tops.

Comment

I'm not mad at that. Right now its only a big fight for us hardcore fans. It deserves that crossover appeal. and we know hardcores alone wont produce those numbers we saw it with the Ward/Kovalev flop.

but hopefully they dont marinate it to death.. Crawford needs to fight on ESPN not no damn app.

Comment

And it's clear Crawford has got that message too

"I just think business wise it has to make sense," Crawford said. "Al isn't going to send his fighters to ESPN if it doesn't make sense, and Bob isn't going to send me to Showtime if it doesn't make sense. If the fight makes sense, the fight will happen.
          http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...rd-believes-so

Both sides are trying to build this.
          Last edited by CLUE; 06-16-2018, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Against each other they will do over a Mill buys, against others not much.

They always try and justify poor numbers against a match instead off what will that particular match-up do in PPV numbers, Id say the fight would do real good.

Comment

fight wont happen til they are in their mid 30's. "Let it marinate"

Comment

This fight will be huge one day. North of 500k. Way north.

Comment

Here we go, Bud on witness protection now.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                    It deserves that crossover appeal. and we know hardcores alone wont produce those numbers we saw it with the Ward/Kovalev flop.
                    I agree. Kov vs. Ward I and II was a treat for the hardcore fans, but what did it actually do for the sport? Neither fighter became a household name afterwards and both fights flopped hard on PPV.

Big fights are important, but business is important for the health of the sport as well. This fight has to be big in order to happen. Otherwise it'll be a blown opportunity like Kov vs. Ward.

Comment

Working...
                    X