Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Capacity Crowd Saturday Validates Spence as Rare American Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Capacity Crowd Saturday Validates Spence as Rare American Draw

By Keith Idec - Errol Spence Jr.'s fight Saturday night is more about where than who. The unbeaten IBF welterweight champion is such a huge favorite against unknown mandatory challenger Carlos Ocampo that if Spence loses, it'll be an upset of epic proportions. The 22-year-old Ocampo is unbeaten, but he has defeated a very low level of opposition since making his pro debut in July 2012 and hasn't fought outside of his native Mexico...
    [Click Here To Read More]

They sold out the Dallas Cowboys locker room whoopadee. Maybe Spence will wear one of the lineman's jock straps on his head when he makes his way to the ring.
    Last edited by TinAgeOfBoxing; 06-15-2018, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Capacity crowd of given away tickets. As Mike Tyson once remarked. "I could sell out Madison Square Garden Masturbating".

Comment

Man one down

WAR SPENCE!!! Man one down!!!:ANYWORD:

Comment

That might be impressive if it was Vegas and if the tickets where going for many thousands, but ringside seats are only $500. In terms of live gates it's not that impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiPete View Post
            Capacity crowd of given away tickets. As Mike Tyson once remarked. "I could sell out Madison Square Garden Masturbating".
            Ahhh, so now I finally understand what Amir Khan was thinking...

Comment

Is Spence still not enrolled to any drugtesting whatsoever?

Fighting a 100:1 mismatch, well its a mandatory, so that happens, but not doing any drugtesting for this fight and not being enrolled in the CBP, I dont like it. I wanna support Spence, hopefully soon he will prove that he is a clean fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
                That might be impressive if it was Vegas and if the tickets where going for many thousands, but ringside seats are only $500. In terms of live gates it's not that impressive.
                15000 seats at $500-$50, depending on the breakdown of tickets, puts Spence's 1st hometown title defense well over $1m at the gate.

Las Vegas will be Las Vegas, but you really can't point to many fighters or fights that sell 15000 seats at $500-$50. Only ones I can confidently point to are Canelo and Anthony Joshua.

Terence Crawford is still selling his Omaha tickets for $150, Andre Ward would likely be at $400-$500 for ringside at Oracle Arena now but not sure if he'd be drawing 15000+ to the building, and Golovkin has built his base on being an adopted Mexican, has had a bunch of fights in SoCal, has run The Forum multiple times, and even he doesn't set $300 tickets.

Comment

Spence will make this fool get on one knee and propose like Kell Brook!

Comment

Who give a f*** how much the tickets cost? he's only been a belt holder for 2 mins everyone has to start somewhere and why as fans would you want high ticket prices anyway?

Comment

Working...
                    X