Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Capacity Crowd Saturday Validates Spence as Rare American Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence is excited to be fighting at home and has the crowd's interest. Good for him. Now, go out there and go to work, kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      "Get that out of the way.." You think that's an easy victory for Tank? I ain't too sure about that!
      Russell is mad fast but I don't think he is going up and beating anyone Tank's level or higher. I had Loma beating him easily and I thought his last fight was going to be tougher than many thought.

I value reach more than many but in his case his arms are just so short that he has to put himself in harms way just to score. His reach makes me hesitant to pick him against anyone bigger and heavier unless they have virtually no speed.

Comment

Spence fighting a no name BUM proves what??

Why have Spence fight a bum with no name and no career? Makes little sense for a top boxer to step back and face a nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by allenfred View Post
          Why have Spence fight a bum with no name and no career? Makes little sense for a top boxer to step back and face a nobody.

its called a mandatory.

you fight the mandatory or give up your belt.

Comment

There would be a lot of American draws if guys fought in their hometowns more often

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Russell is mad fast but I don't think he is going up and beating anyone Tank's level or higher. I had Loma beating him easily and I thought his last fight was going to be tougher than many thought.

I value reach more than many but in his case his arms are just so short that he has to put himself in harms way just to score. His reach makes me hesitant to pick him against anyone bigger and heavier unless they have virtually no speed.
              No , I was talking about the Davis vs. Farmer fight.

Comment

Spence is my favorite active fighter. That being said, a fighter selling out in his hometown does not make him a draw.

From my understanding, the big fights are in smaller venues in Vegas. Tickets cost more and so they make more off the gate than a fight in Dallas, Omaha, or Alabama that sells more tickets. The real indicator of someone being a major draw is views or ppv buys. Spence has an extremely fan-friendly style and is a p4p fighter. He should be a big draw, and probably will be. But he isn't there yet.

Spence can sell out in Dallas. Bud can sell out in Omaha. Ward can sell out in Oakland. Wilder can sell out in Birmingham. All that means is they can sell out in their hometowns.

Comment

The guy he is fighting is a ****en bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Gpabrooklyn View Post
                    He also just did 12000 in new york vs peterson at the barcleys,only thurman vs porter and garcia,and wilder vs ortiz have did more,terrence crawford has never put 12000 asses in seats in ny and hes fought at the garden,spence is becoming a draw like it or not
                    // thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                      On the serious tip.. Ocampo is bigger than spence and younger.. he's ready for a war, mexican style.. but his limited experience sets him up for failure.. IBF picks wierd unknown mandatories... did they even have a eliminator?
                      Vanes was also ready for a war and look what happened to him. If there is anyone you can depend on to bring that bread home it is Spence.My money will always be on him against anyone in 147 and 154 ( I know I’m getting a bit carried away)

The opponent Spence is fighting on Saturday I can not even call him garbage because I don’t know him and never seen any of his fights. So you may be right he could very well be dangerousproposition for Spence so that being said I will be reserved in my prediction and say Spence stops him in the 2nd round✌🏿

Comment

Working...
                      X