No announcement yet.

chris mannix on 98.5 in boston...wilder.joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris mannix on 98.5 in boston...wilder.joshua

those who know mannix know hes an nba/boxing guy....he was talking about this fight a month or so during the nba playoffs when he was a guest(hes a regular guest)....this time they brought him in specifically to talk about the fight mostly while sprinking in a little bit of nba offseason talk

he summarized at the end "the things im seeing and hearing from joshuas side lead me to believe that povetkin is still the main target for september"

not sure how well connected he is...he might just be guessing..but he seemed a bit hesitant to act as if its a done deal for sure

I've been seeing a few boxing pundits/media guys suggesting this on twitter today.

Everything Hearn has said up til now suggests he'd rather put this fight off so yea I agree to tread lightly on reporting this news as fact or a done deal & to get too excited about it if you're a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      those who know mannix know hes an nba/boxing guy....he was talking about this fight a month or so during the nba playoffs when he was a guest(hes a regular guest)....this time they brought him in specifically to talk about the fight mostly while sprinking in a little bit of nba offseason talk

he summarized at the end "the things im seeing and hearing from joshuas side lead me to believe that povetkin is still the main target for september"

not sure how well connected he is...he might just be guessing..but he seemed a bit hesitant to act as if its a done deal for sure
      He's probably going off the public quotes in the Sky Sports article. You wouldn't need any insider info to conclude that Hearn's not junking the Povetkin fight as an option just yet.

Comment

Swear Americans would prefer the fight didnt happen, more interested in complaining and ducking talk than seeing the fight.

Comment

Who cares, what did he say about the celtics having any shot of luring Lebron here lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Who cares, what did he say about the celtics having any shot of luring Lebron here lol..

better off with the current roster than breaking it up for lebron

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              better off with the current roster than breaking it up for lebron
              Yeah, you're probably right. With Hayward back we may make the finals anyway next year especially when Lebron heads to the western conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                Swear Americans would prefer the fight didnt happen, more interested in complaining and ducking talk than seeing the fight.
                I do think there's a large number of folks who are more into it not happening so they can point the finger than actually seeing it happen.

I've said from day one that the fight will be agreed upon at the least by December 31st this year. It will either be next or the first fight for either in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  he said he thought about a "1 percent chance"..lol....that being said...last week he said he believed, and some people he talked to around the league agreed, the celts could very well be faves without him anyway....he likes the way they match up with GS

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    ya man...i really dont wanna see the fight! i want it so bad i actually dont want it! lol...

i want the fight ...ive done wanted it to be signed already...im just noting that a credentialed boxing writer who is also a reputable nba guy also said he believed povetkin was still the main target and wasnt so sure this was a done deal......

just goes to show you though...the fight is getting a ton of hype and steam...if they are talking about it more than once on boston radio station twice in a month.....i think this fight would have been a good success in the US..leaving some money on the table with AJ swalling his passport

Comment

Working...
                    X