Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Joshua vs Wilder actually might happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had to pick Id still say Joshua wins this but I see him winning a boring decision. He will box because if he doesnt he is dumb. Wilder is a mess most of the time but he carries rare power, if it isnt respected AJ will get KOed. AJ can stop Wilder too of course but I think the plan will be to box safely and take only what is given and not force anything.

Comment

I’m still picking Joshua. His shots are straighter, he’s more defensively responsible and he’s comfortable under the brightest of lights.

I think his best bet would be to take the fight to Wilder. They have a similar reach - if Wilder gets caught looking at his target trying to compute things (which he does a lot), he’s in a world of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Klitschko hits harder than Wilder.
        Probably not but even if that was true, when Wlad had AJ hurt he never buckled down and went for the stoppage, Wilder will.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
          If I had to pick Id still say Joshua wins this but I see him winning a boring decision. He will box because if he doesnt he is dumb. Wilder is a mess most of the time but he carries rare power, if it isnt respected AJ will get KOed. AJ can stop Wilder too of course but I think the plan will be to box safely and take only what is given and not force anything.
          I came here to write this but you've beaten me to it. All the signs from the last few Joshua fights have been that McCracken is instilling a more cautious approach into his fighter. Less exciting, but more likely to deliver domination over a longer time period than his biff and bash earlier career. It's a style that would see him through the biggest remaining challenges of Povetkin and Wilder.

There's a good argument for getting in closer where AJ can rough Wilder up inside but that's riskier than they'll go. So I think he uses good movement and control of distance to nullify Wilder's right and picks off points round by round for a decision.

The only way I see it changing is that Wilder may go more aggressive in the championship rounds if he's well behind on points. If that happens I expect AJ to pick him off. I give Wilder a 30% punchers chance cause if one of his bombs slips through he could upset the odds.

Comment

if Wilder wins, it is by KO, and i can imagine it will be decisive. but if AJ wins, it could be KO or on the cards, and i think there is the possibility of a controversy for both those ways of winning for AJ (e.g. early stoppage, dodgy cards). so i'm gonna go with AJ, just because there seem to be more ways of winning available to him. Wilder will be banking on getting through to AJ to win

Comment

Wilder by KO. Joshua is as stiff as a board plus has the biggest head known to man. And he doesn’t move it for sh.it. Wilder has the hand speed, foot speed, and power advantages over Joshua. To me it’s an easy pick.

Comment

Its really 50/50

I think skills will come in to play with this one so Joshua By Knockout...but i can easily see Wilder landing a crazy bomb and knocking Joshua out..

The rematch can go either way as well if that happens

Comment

Working...
                X