Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the absolute greatest between Ray Robinson and Roy Jones on there best night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    I believe Roy was better as well, I honestly am not to impressed with Robinson to be honest
    How could you not be impressed?

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
      No way to know since I never witnessed Ray Robinson in his prime and there isn't quality footage of it. I can make a guess and that guess is Roy Jones would play with and stop Robinson.

Roy was not a same day 160lber so he was a good 10lbs+ bigger as a 160lber. And Robinson lost to guys that were basically overhyped nostalgic Salido type fighters. Hate all you want but I don't let nostalgia cloud my mind thinking about older cruder fighters that were smaller per weight class.
      The question wasn’t regarding a H2H fight.

Both were great.

Both lost to lower level guys. But Ray fought over 200 times.

It’s impossible to compare them, as their circumstances were so different.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
        Robinson would win as I think he would eventually find a way to Jr’s chin a few too many times, but suspect there could a flash knockdown by Jr on the way
        I’d have to favour Roy in a H2H fight, but that doesn’t mean that he was a better P4P fighter.

Comment

Who are these people? Sorry imma casual.

floyd is undefeated and just beat Conor Mcgregor. he will school them.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. and it isn't even close.

Comment

When you read up on the Murderer's Row, and mob involvement in Robinson's fights, fixed fights etc, avoidance of several opponents, signing for fights and then canceling them to take easier opposition, you begin to see that Sugar Ray's career is very much over-hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                Roy Jones Jr. and it isn't even close.
                Of course it’s close.

They were both great but in different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                  When you read up on the Murderer's Row, and mob involvement in Robinson's fights, fixed fights etc, avoidance of several opponents, signing for fights and then canceling them to take easier opposition, you begin to see that Sugar Ray's career is very much over-hyped.
                  I don’t see how he’s overhyped.

You can see his skills, you can see that he fought over 200 times.

He was an outstanding fighter.

From what I’ve read, he was approached by the mob, but he told them that he couldn’t work like that.

Comment

RJJ not even close.

Comment

Nobody here has seen a prime Ray Robinson. so its tough to call. all we have is books and eyewitnesses. Imagine that there was no footage of Michael Jordan and somebody tried to describe him to you and tells you he's better than everybody.

but this notion that NOBODY beats a prime RJJ is nonsense.

Montell Griffin in the first fight was having success. putting him on the ropes and taking his shots. Griffin is arguably the best prime opponent Roy faced in the 90's. Hopkins was green and Toney overweight.

I'll put money on Hagler beating the breaks off Roy at 160. he don't have the footwork of SRL so he not dancing to safety. he'll have to scrap.

Comment

Working...
                      X