Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: If Crawford Wants 3-4 Fights a Year - We Have The Dates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
    Thurman - Garcia purses were $2.5 mil each and they average around $1.2 mil their past few fights prior to their matchup.
    My understanding was that those numbers were the disclosed figures similar to that 1.75 million disclosed figure for Crawford. Idk I could be wrong though. They broke the attendance record at Barclays that night.

I mean we just saw Gary Russell get $1.4 million plus % of the gate.

Comment

Man as much as I respect Crawford, he's full of **** saying he is going to fight 3-4 times a year. If he does I will shut my mouth and give him the respect he deserves, but modern boxers/fighters at the top level only fight twice a year AT MOST, and it's just not comparable to the TRUE WARRIORS like Tyson, Chavez, Duran, and Ali, etc etc who fought 4-6 times a year, even when they were champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        The double standards are real. I think those are all serviceable wins tbh, but I see the same people praising these wins, turn around a discredit a win like Kell Brook.

It's lunacy imo. I'm saying if we're only praising "elite" wins for one guy then that standard should be the same for others.
        I agree. The only thing I would say is when the fight took place matters as well. When Crawford beat gamboa, gamboa was considered a very good fighter, so Crawford would get more credit for the win than castellano gets for beating gamboa last year when he was clearly pass his prime

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          They are for Vegas because those are travel fights. You get that many people to travel to Vegas to see you fight it's a good thing.

In NY you got 10 mil people already there so it's easier to get 15-20k to attend a fight. The same for LA
          That's a fair point. But I think you'd agree that none of those guys are household names too though. The closest of this bunch would be Wilder imo. Based on his live gates, ratings, and social media-following. Just being objective lol

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            If Bud fights a couple times on ESPN he will be a household name.
            He has the goods as far as boxing goes and Arum knows how to milk it.
            Thank you that's what they need to do. Stop being greedy with that ESPN +

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
              Is not that people are not being honest, we the public honestly do think postol, Indongo, gamboa are legit competition for Crawford, until they actually fight. Crawford is a very special fighter, doesn't mean the fighters he's fighting are not top notch, just means Crawford is much better. There's levels to this and Crawford is with the elites, where there's currently only a hand full of boxers.
              You must be having a laugh if u think they are top.notch. Diaz Just lost to a bum, postol just went life and death with an absolute nobody and imdongo got spanked by a prospect. And don't tell me 'they weren't the same after bud fought them'cause they sure as **** hadn't done much before that either.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                I agree. The only thing I would say is when the fight took place matters as well. When Crawford beat gamboa, gamboa was considered a very good fighter, so Crawford would get more credit for the win than castellano gets for beating gamboa last year when he was clearly pass his prime
                But Gamboa was inactive (over 12 months) and got the fight on really short notice. Didn't even get a full camp. The commission wouldn't even sanction that fight.

Or did people forget? Lol

Comment

if Bud decides to fight even 5 times in a year without fighting Spence its meaningless.
                  Last edited by sammybee; 06-10-2018, 03:08 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    That's a fair point. But I think you'd agree that none of those guys are household names too though. The closest of this bunch would be Wilder imo. Based on his live gates, ratings, and social media-following. Just being objective lol
                    I think Crawford has a solid fanbase and a good casual crossover fanbase. I'm the fight guy in my circle of friends. People were asking me about Crawford this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      I think Crawford has a solid fanbase and a good casual crossover fanbase. I'm the fight guy in my circle of friends. People were asking me about Crawford this weekend.
                      I'm that guy too and I get a lot more calls for Wilder than I do for anybody. But there may be a demographic/regional difference at work here so we'll just chalk it up lol it's all anecdotal anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X