Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loma or Bud, who had a better debut at the new weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don’t know who Linares beat, but Horn barely beat an old Pac. Linares looked the part but Horn/Bud was a styles fight. Loma impressed me because he was dropped and got up to stop the guy. Bud showed everyone that Horn wasn’t in his class. I rate both wins evenly.

Comment

Lomachenko's win was more impressive. Linares was an established 3-division champion with a long history at the weight. Lomachenko got dropped but stopped his man and faced the number 2/1 guy in the division the first fight at the new weight.

Bud did fine and did what was expected.

Both are blossoming into great fighters.

Comment

Top Rank got luck they have both p4p leaders

Comment

It should not be up for discussion.
          Loma beat a 3 weight champion that posess superb speed, skills with huge reach,size advantage and huge gap in pro fights/experience in his 12 fight!

Crawford fought a guy with limited skills, much less pro fights/experience with poor resume + Crawford has longer reach and most advantages..

Comment

What a silly hopeful question, Loma getting outboxed, dropped looked better?! ( haha ) ; in contrast to T-Raw dominating the lineal champion in his third weight making it look EASY!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

What a silly hopeful question, Loma getting outboxed, dropped looked better?! ( haha ) ; in contrast to T-Raw dominating the lineal champion in his third weight making it look EASY!
              Yep.. That KD doesn't look good on Loma.

And who did Linares really beat? Horn has the better resume with that single Pac win.

Thread answer: Bud Crawford.

Comment

I am a big fan of both boxers. I would call it a tie or give Crawford the edge. How do you top winning every round by a mile and getting the TKO as well? Of course Loma beat a vastly better fighter than Horn but he lost some rounds and was knocked down.

Comment

Lomachenko was actually fighting a undisputable champion

Crawford got the lowest hanging fruit.

Comment

Linares a much tougher opponent, but Crawford with the more dominant performance. It's pretty even but honestly I'd say Crawford simply because Lomachenko showed vulnerabilities in his fight. I still think Lomachenko is the p4p boss for now, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      Yep.. That KD doesn't look good on Loma.

And who did Linares really beat? Horn has the better resume with that single Pac win.

Thread answer: Bud Crawford.
                      Neither does the loss to Salidoe, but I digress. Jeep Horn was lineal 147 champion UNDEFEATED ( Technically ) and never been chinned, T-Raw did what a P4P fighter does with this level of competition -- yeah Loma KO Linares so what?! other bums have done it with ease, AND?

Comment

Working...
                      X