No announcement yet.

The Charlos gotta be sick of playing second fiddle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Huh? you are using some ******ed logic a Manny fan said Floyd fans use and are throwing back at me because Charlo is black instead of reading my post and responding to the contents of it. That is the equivalent of trolling, with some slight racism and mounds of stupidity added to the mix.

My guess is from now on Canelo will fight exclusively on PPV. None of the top potential challengers other than GGG has the "name value" that "deserves" a PPV fight. Neither do any of the mandatories.

Using the logic you say you are throwing back at me, Canelo can fight GGG on PPV again or he has to fight on ESPN since no one is "big enough" for PPV.

I guess Canelo could drop the belt and fight a more name fighter on PPV while Charlo and whoever is available can fight for it since in your mind Charlo isn't big enough to fight on PPV against Canelo.
    You guys made these stupid rules about draws, a side, boxing is a business, etc, not me or Manny fans.

Why arent they good enough now?

Comment

Just sign the fight. Have it in Texas stadium in Arlington. Bet there will be more people there for Canelo than for the Charlo brother. He has fought Trout who was old, He had a good win over J rOCK, He beat up a one legged Heiland. and He beat a fringe guy in Centeno. Honestly He hasnt done much to be ranked number one. He is kind of in the same shoes as Heiland was. Heiland was number one contender for a long time. He chose to wait it out, take step aside money, etc. When he had his chance he was hurt. Oh well. He could have pulled out , but he figured he wouldnt get a nother shot for a while. Oh well it happens. If he wants to be number one tell him to challenge Lemeuix or another. Canelo will probably fight GGG in May , so this would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
        You guys made these stupid rules about draws, a side, boxing is a business, etc, not me or Manny fans.

Why arent they good enough now?
        No, we brought up points that demonstrated how the sport operates. Rather than have an adult discussion about it, certain posters decided to make it some kind of mantra or core values statement because they don't really follow the sport outside of whatever power puncher that was deemed the most dangerous opposition for Floyd, roy or whomever was the top p4p fighter.

I'm sure there are some childish "real" fans that share your mindset you can discuss this with instead of me.

Comment

No, we brought up points that demonstrated how the sport operates. Rather than have an adult discussion about it, certain posters decided to make it some kind of mantra or core values statement because they don't really follow the sport outside of whatever power puncher that was deemed the most dangerous opposition for Floyd, roy or whomever was the top p4p fighter.

I'm sure there are some childish "real" fans that share your mindset you can discuss this with instead of me.
          So you brought up points about how the sport operates, but dont want to apply those same points to Charlo now. Interesting. Why are the points different for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
            So you brought up points about how the sport operates, but dont want to apply those same points to Charlo now. Interesting. Why are the points different for him?
            Charlo isn't in the same position as a fighter that has been proven to sell out arenas, so he is going to operate differently.

When you are a proven money maker, anyone will fight you, so you make the most lucrative fights. Example right now is GGG. He is mandated to fight Charlo next but many posters speculate he will fight Murata and Saunders instead because they are far more lucrative.

GGG, other than Cnaelo, is the most lucrative fight Charlo can have at MW, so he doesn't have the same choices as GGG would.

Comment

Charlo isn't in the same position as a fighter that has been proven to sell out arenas, so he is going to operate differently.

When you are a proven money maker, anyone will fight you, so you make the most lucrative fights. Example right now is GGG. He is mandated to fight Charlo next but many posters speculate he will fight Murata and Saunders instead because they are far more lucrative.

GGG, other than Cnaelo, is the most lucrative fight Charlo can have at MW, so he doesn't have the same choices as GGG would.
              So in short, you agree with me. Charlo has to do as hes told when hes told. Not sure why that was so hard to say from the jump.

Comment

Working...
              X