No announcement yet.

just rewatched ward/kovalev 2 again for the first time in a long time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    If it wasn't for the headbutts and holding I would agree, which pains me as a huge Kessler fan.
    I thought the headbutts and wrestling inside was slightly overblown but many, like yourself, see different. One thing is for sure — Kessler just isn’t as comfortable on the inside. Calzaghe exposed that and Ward kicked it up a notch.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I thought the headbutts and wrestling inside was slightly overblown but many, like yourself, see different. One thing is for sure — Kessler just isn’t as comfortable on the inside. Calzaghe exposed that and Ward kicked it up a notch.
      Slightly overblown?
      " The referee Jack Reiss apparently said there were five unintentional butts"

How the hell do you have 5 unintentional headbutts? And they all being on the same guy?

Comment

Fight was close; ward would do good work and Kov would land like a couple of power jabs to turn the round his way

Kov just has a bad gas tank and wasn’t prepared to go into deep like ward was

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
          Slightly overblown?
          " The referee Jack Reiss apparently said there were five unintentional butts"

How the hell do you have 5 unintentional headbutts? And they all being on the same guy?
          One guy knows how to fight inside, the other guy is clueless.

Comment

ward took advantage of his a-side status and great for him but he was not a boxer. if people weren't emotionally connected to him like cult members his career never would have happened. he took advantage of you

Comment

Kessler talked a lot on Danish tv about what happened that night.

But I remember in the first round seeing how sharp Ward was and thinking it would be a long long night.

Comment

I guess the SOG always has Jesus on his side but that night he had Tony Weeks as well. I saw repeated low blows with no warnings and no penalties.
                As far a "master class" 2 judges had Ward up by 1 point and 1 judge had him down by 3. How masterful is that?
                The icing on the cake was Weeks allowing the fight to end on a foul and refusing to even consider watching a replay.Ward fans will say "that's boxing" but any objective observer knew the Russian was getting the typical Vegas BS.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  ward took advantage of his a-side status and great for him but he was not a boxer. if people weren't emotionally connected to him like cult members his career never would have happened. he took advantage of you

this is a thread about andre ward and kovalev...take your observations about golovkins career elsewhere

Comment

One guy knows how to fight inside, the other guy is clueless.
                    You can't accidentally headbutt a guy 5 times.

"Oops I accidentally fell down on your wife with my **** out 5 times. It happens"

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                      You can't accidentally headbutt a guy 5 times.

"Oops I accidentally fell down on your wife with my **** out 5 times. It happens"
                      You’re right, you can’t. Because it’s accidental. Could be the other either one’s fault. Are you done?

Comment

Working...
                      X