Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it sort of a cool thing to say Roy Jones didn't have a chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it sort of a cool thing to say Roy Jones didn't have a chin?

I honestly think it was a weight drain more than anything, but I always see people say he had a bad chin.

People don't know **** about boxing. They really think he went 48 fights, had countless championship fights without getting tested.

Comment

He had a good chin or he would not have been so successful against all the hard punchers he fought. His chin was not as good after Tarver and Johnson knocked him out but it still was not a weak chin.

Comment

He has a glass jaw, that's why he started getting ethered once his reflexes started to wane

his entire defense was based around them

Comment

He never really had a great chin. His strengths were in his reflexes and athleticism. To be fair though, I don't think anybody would have survived that shot that Tarver hit him with. That was a perfect punch.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            He never really had a great chin. His strengths were in his reflexes and athleticism. To be fair though, I don't think anybody would have survived that shot that Tarver hit him with. That was a perfect punch.
            James Toney would have.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              People don't know **** about boxing. They really think he went 48 fights, had countless championship fights without getting tested.
              This^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Kinda tough to argue a guy with 5 KO loses has a good chin. He hasn’t had a good chin since the Tarver loss, in 2004...that means Roy hasn’t had a chin in almost 15 years... he turned pro in 89, so basically first 15 years he was untouchable last 15 years its been open season on him. How does a guy who’s been losing and getting ko’d for last 15 years have a good chin???

Comment

He relied too much on athleticism and reflex he should've known when to hang them up

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    James Toney would have.
                    Maybe... but Roy could have dropped and stopped Mohammed and his non existent flying donkey... one punch..

Asss Allam mcfake’em.

Comment

Working...
                    X