Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cortez: Golovkin is Being Fair, Canelo Needs Fight To Clear Name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cortez: Golovkin is Being Fair, Canelo Needs Fight To Clear Name

Hall of Fame retired referee Joe Cortez, who also works as an expert analyst for ESPN Deportes, sees nothing wrong with IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin demanding more money for a rematch with Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo should move on and give Jacobs the big pay day

Comment

Jacobs is a bigger nightmare than ggg for canelo and he knows it. Canelo will be facing the spikes & lemieuxs.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxinghero1 View Post
        Canelo should move on and give Jacobs the big pay day
        Not against this fight, but of the 3 contenders that DLH mentioned I'd think people would prefer Saunders or Charlo. Both are undefeated & riding high atm while Danny is coming off a hard fought win against a middling contender & the GGG loss. The first two would also bring more eyes/money to the fight.

If GBP does pass on the career high payday (even with the desired split) I'd think they'd still go after someone that brings the next best thing to the table (if they don't go the tune-up route).

Any reason why you'd prefer DJ to the other two?

Comment

If not GGG, then Canelo will fight Spike or Lemieux, 100%. Jacobs, Saunders, Charlo are "all talk".

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
            Not against this fight, but of the 3 contenders that DLH mentioned I'd think people would prefer Saunders or Charlo. Both are undefeated & riding high atm while Danny is coming off a hard fought win against a middling contender & the GGG loss. The first two would also bring more eyes/money to the fight.

If GBP does pass on the career high payday (even with the desired split) I'd think they'd still go after someone that brings the next best thing to the table (if they don't go the tune-up route).

Any reason why you'd prefer DJ to the other two?
            Daniel Jacobs fights on HBO. I think the fight may be easier to make. But I wouldn't mind seeing Canelo vs Charlo after ggg gets stripped of the WBC

Comment

Same guy that said McGregor knows what hes doing in the ring.

Comment

I think Canelo vs Jacobs will be more intriguing than GGG-Canelo rematch. Canelo will win with very close scores. But there is still big risk. Low reward.

Canelo vs Saunders will be a chess match. Very close fight. But there is still big risk. Low reward. Canelo didn't risk even with Monroe jr.

Canelo vs Charlo will be veeeeery entertaining. But it seems it will never happen untill Jermall becomes a big star by beating GGG or Jacobs&Saunders&Andrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
                  Same guy that said McGregor knows what hes doing in the ring.
                  I was going to say that Joe has a point but you just killed and buried any argument anyone can say in favor of Cortez.

Comment

If no lil g then its probably going to be that guy that tripple begs promoter couldnt afford to pay by the name of spike. 1 year layoff I dont blame him.

Comment

Working...
                    X