No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
    not saying this isn't a pointless fight, and well past it money grab - but "Lucas never being better than Berto"?

That's a joke, right?

Lucas fought tooth and nail and lost a razor thin decision against a top 15 P4P guy in Danny Garcia. Should have gotten the rematch but didn't.

He literally destroyed a tough contender in Lamont Peterson in what? Under 5 rounds?

LOL Berto got both eyes swollen shut by a blown up 135 pounder Robert Guerrero; got beat up by a ghost for 12 rounds!

berto then got outgunned by JOURNEYMAN I can't even remeber his name? Soto Karass - in the 12th round.

It's not even close - Lucas is currently, even at this stage, and has ALWAYS been a much better fighter than Berto, and it's really not even up for debate.

Talk about gifted titles - you should check out Berto's rise to the top..

I honestly can't believe a semi-respectable poster like you is claiming Berto is better than Lucas.
    Lucas was K.Oed by fu.cking Postol.

Mauricio Herrera did a better job against Danny García, and?

Lamont without peds always was a b class fighter.

Lucas is a b class fighter too.

Comment

Dunn is always critical on ass licking tbe.

Comment

Still lmao @ "Lucas never been better than Berto"

Comment

Berto has done more at 147 than Matthysse has. There is no questioning this.

Comment

Maybe Im in the minority here, but Im looking foreward to this fight. I like both fighters, and it seems like a good matchup to me. You have one fighter trying to get back into the scene,.....Lucas who fell from grace after the Postal fight,....Didn't see that one coming, but he still defeated a very game Provo as well. Then we have the Pacman!!! Perhaps he has slipped some in the twilight of his carreer, but none the less a big draw..... (Too bad we didnt get a Canelo fight but we all know now how Saul was making weight.),..... very exciting to watch and always a crowd pleaser. Will this be Pac’s farewell fight??? Who knows,.. but hes made a great carreer and legacy for himeself. Cant wait to see these two gentlemen go at it. Should be an entertaining fight!!

Comment

not saying this isn't a pointless fight, and well past it money grab - but "Lucas never being better than Berto"?

That's a joke, right?

Lucas fought tooth and nail and lost a razor thin decision against a top 15 P4P guy in Danny Garcia. Should have gotten the rematch but didn't.

He literally destroyed a tough contender in Lamont Peterson in what? Under 5 rounds?

LOL Berto got both eyes swollen shut by a blown up 135 pounder Robert Guerrero; got beat up by a ghost for 12 rounds!

berto then got outgunned by JOURNEYMAN I can't even remeber his name? Soto Karass - in the 12th round.

It's not even close - Lucas is currently, even at this stage, and has ALWAYS been a much better fighter than Berto, and it's really not even up for debate.

Talk about gifted titles - you should check out Berto's rise to the top..

I honestly can't believe a semi-respectable poster like you is claiming Berto is better than Lucas.
              thank you for typing this so i didn't have to lol...DEAD ON...matheyyse beats berto 9 times out of ten

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                WTF? Seriously dude I know you don't really like Floyd but this is utter BS. Lucas is a ****ing bum, always has been. He is the most over rated guy on NSB. He's never been better than Berto-and I agree with you that Berto should never have gotten that fight with Floyd.

How can you call him a champion? he was gifted a BS regular title that isn't real in any way shape or form. You know this and have often been critical of fake titles like this.

IMO this is a crap fight. it may turn out to be a great fight and I will admit it if I am wrong.

I also agree that I am not sure Manny is Roy level washed yet. I wouldn't pick him against any elite WW but I think he still has enough to beat a jobber like Matthysse.
                You my man Dunn and I know you hate Matthysse because of his fanbase back in the day but Matthysse would annihilate Berto. Berto is a sitting duck for power shots all night long.

Hell, Peterson is a eons superior fighter than Berto yet looked what happened to him

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                  You my man Dunn and I know you hate Matthysse because of his fanbase back in the day but Matthysse would annihilate Berto. Berto is a sitting duck for power shots all night long.
                  You are out of your mind. Andre Berto crushes Matthyse.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post
                    thank you for typing this so i didn't have to lol...DEAD ON...matheyyse beats berto 9 times out of ten
                    Heh thanks my man!! Gonna type out a few more paragraphs explaining just how crazy it is to label Berto a better fighter than Matthysse.

Yeah I know Lucas was a bit overrated at one point - but damn - can't really blame people for doing so after seeing his performance against Peterson, who is a legitimate contender at the world level...

However, I don't think I've EVER seen a boxer being propped up as much as Berto was when he first started fighting on HBO.. He was getting seven-figure paydays to fight guys like Freddy Hernandez!

Forget who he got that gifted world title from, but I remember it was a C-level journeyman.

Then he literally went life and death with Collazo (with it being about 50/50 on who won).

Despite that fight, people were still raving about him.. And while it was obvious he wasn't a world level boxer - he WAS exciting to watch with his combination of speed, and power. But he basically had a right hand, and that's it. No jab, no footwork, no defensive posturing, etc.

Then it came crashing down when he got outmanned and outgunned by Victor Ortiz. Again, props to both guys for putting on a very entertaining back-and-forth slugfest. This was actually prolly the best performance of his career.

It only got worse - after that he kind of tried to reinvent his style a bit, and tried to utilize the shoulder roll against Guerrero. Was just as big of a fail as Broner trying to utilize it against Maidana. He basically got outboxed, and just plain and simple got the ever living hell beat out of him for 12-rounds. Still to this day, it's a meme of Berto - with both eyes swollen shut. This was against a Guerrero who just skipped two weight classes and jumped up from 135..

It was just clear that Berto had nothing but speed (which was rapidly deteriorating), and a powerful right hand. Heh, Berto is one of the rare fighters who somehow manages to have pretty fast hands, but concrete in his boots, and no reflexes whatsoever. SLICKESS, NONE!

He did manage to pick up ANOTHER gimme-belt against Jan something, a Slovenian dude who clearly wasn't anywhere close to world level... He was stopped on a cut in like the 5th round (lucky for Berto - who knows what would have happened if he managed to keep taking his shots, and get Berto in deep waters late in the fight).

Thereafter, he would go on to pop dirty for roids (hilariously - after accusing Ortiz of roiding in their first fight)... And then get OUTBOXED, and OUTGUNNED by Margarito-lite in Jesus Soto-Karass.

After that, he hasn't really done anything memorable except beat a shell of Victor Ortiz in a fight he got floored.. Got schooled in an exhibition bout against Floyd... Then got the shyte beat out of him by Porter. Pretty sure that's about it since the Margarito-lite KO.
                    Last edited by Cheek busting; 06-03-2018, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Heh thanks my man!! Gonna type out a few more paragraphs explaining just how crazy it is to label Berto a better fighter than Matthysse.

Yeah I know Lucas was a bit overrated at one point - but damn - can't really blame people for doing so after seeing his performance against Peterson, who is a legitimate contender at the world level...

However, I don't think I've EVER seen a boxer being propped up as much as Berto was when he first started fighting on HBO.. He was getting seven-figure paydays to fight guys like Freddy Hernandez!

Forget who he got that gifted world title from, but I remember it was a C-level journeyman.

Then he literally went life and death with Collazo (with it being about 50/50 on who won).

Despite that fight, people were still raving about him.. And while it was obvious he wasn't a world level boxer - he WAS exciting to watch with his combination of speed, and power. But he basically had a right hand, and that's it. No jab, no footwork, no defensive posturing, etc.

Then it came crashing down when he got outmanned and outgunned by Victor Ortiz. Again, props to both guys for putting on a very entertaining back-and-forth slugfest. This was actually prolly the best performance of his career.

It only got worse - after that he kind of tried to reinvent his style a bit, and tried to utilize the shoulder roll against Guerrero. Was just as big of a fail as Broner trying to utilize it against Maidana. He basically got outboxed, and just plain and simple got the ever living hell beat out of him for 12-rounds. Still to this day, it's a meme of Berto - with both eyes swollen shut. This was against a Guerrero who just skipped two weight classes and jumped up from 135..

It was just clear that Berto had nothing but speed (which was rapidly deteriorating), and a powerful right hand. Heh, Berto is one of the rare fighters who somehow manages to have pretty fast hands, but concrete in his boots, and no reflexes whatsoever. SLICKESS, NONE!

He did manage to pick up ANOTHER gimme-belt against Jan something, a Slovenian dude who clearly wasn't anywhere close to world level... He was stopped on a cut in like the 5th round (lucky for Berto - who knows what would have happened if he managed to keep taking his shots, and get Berto in deep waters late in the fight).

Thereafter, he would go on to pop dirty for roids (hilariously - after accusing Ortiz of roiding in their first fight)... And then get OUTBOXED, and OUTGUNNED by Margarito-lite in Jesus Soto-Karass.

After that, he hasn't really done anything memorable except beat a shell of Victor Ortiz in a fight he got floored.. Got schooled in an exhibition bout against Floyd... Then got the shyte beat out of him by Porter. Pretty sure that's about it since the Margarito-lite KO.
                      Ey C.B you're back. What happened? Got banned again?

Comment

Working...
                      X