Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua last fight not impressive and boring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that was a snoozefest. Quite unimpressive.

Comment

These are the same guys who love watching mayweather and ward winning 12 round snoozers but joshuas boring right lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post

Joshua critics will focus on how boring it was while ignoring the fact he was in total control and never looked trouble. Had it been more competitive with both men landing more they would of spun it saying how Joshua struggled vs Parker, despite it being exciting.
        Parker never looked in trouble either tbf

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          Lmao huh? You obviously not following the thread. Wilder was mentioned
          you just joined boxingscene you shouldn’t even be replying to me until you get some rep son.
          Lolx... Your case is same as wilder. You have been around before me but I have got all the belts. Lolx.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            You know nothing bra.... It's called tactics. Maintain the tempo of the fight provided you are winning and that was exactly what AJ did and he got the belt.
            He mustn't KO every opponent, it's not a computer game.

Comment

I am not a fan of AJ but its a silly criticism. It's a problem any crowd pleasing fighter faces. Sadly Joe Parker did not come to win. I still think AJ could have done more but I think Joe is very responsible for how bad that fight was to watch. Which disappointed me as I hoped he would rise to the occasion. But if you are a fan of AJ don't expect Vlad fights every time or you will be disappointed, or if he managed it in a few fights he would be worn down.

It's one thing people need to be careful of, like how everyone expected Jerwin Acajas to KO in his fight this weekend due to how they have marketed him and matched him, and then most people who weren't countrymen fans were kinda "let down".

Also is a worry for Josh Taylor, with his big step up. Once you step up you can't step back down, and while I think he can handle what he will have in front of him I don't know if he is seasoned for what will be forced to come after. Matchmaking/promoting is harder than us fans realise

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                How many rounds did he win? It's easier to stay out of trouble if you refuse to engage.

Comment

Anyone who says AJ vs Parker wasn't an incredibly boring fight with zero action is lying through their teeth.

I'm still not over that tbh

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Anthony Joshua faced Joshua Parker in a dull 12 round fight. The fight was so pathetically boring that some fans were asking for their money back. We’ve seen a lackluster performance from AJ in his previous fight against Takam. He was well on his way to another boring 12 round decision against Takam until the ref stopped the fight. Looking at the stoppage it seems like Takam definitely would have made it to the 12th round. The last two punches before the ref stopped the fight missed Takam. We seen something similar to this when AJ fought Parker and the ref broke the action everytime AJ got hit on the inside.

Seems like more and more fans are coming to the realization that Wilder is the best and most exciting Heavyweight. His boring fights are not helping his popularity as we seen when AJ came to America he is barely known here and if they do know him they always call him Antonio Johnson or Anthony Jackson. With two lackluster boring fights back to back can AJ really afford anymore boring fights? He will definitely have to face Wilder soon if he keeps turning in these boring performances. Do you think AJ is doubting his self because he couldn’t stop Takam and Parker even with the refs help?

God Bless America!
                    Just because AJ was in a boring fight with Parker, doesn't mean Wilder is the best. That makes no sense at all. You had Floyd above Pac even though he was beyond anything Floyd could muster in the excitement department. Ward was also boring as hell as well as a cheat, but you supported him and claimed he was the best. So all you're exposing is what a hypocrite you are and contradicting yourself all of the time. Quite sad really.

You're also forgetting the first 6 rounds of Wilder/Ortiz was even more boring. They just looked at each other while the crowd booed.

AJ is mostly exciting, but you can't be that way all of the time, no exciting fighter can be. Plus, AJ is fighting on a higher level to Wilder. If AJ was to fight all the bums Wilder does he would get them out of there in a few rounds, and not be like Wilder who struggled with them and got took into the later rounds. AJ is much more clinical than Wilder is. He's just superior. So no matter how much you smear AJ that won't change.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Anyone who says AJ vs Parker wasn't an incredibly boring fight with zero action is lying through their teeth.

I'm still not over that tbh
                      A lot of people feel this way but if you say it you’re “hating”

Comment

Working...
                      X