Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin's lost scalps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clenela got KO'd by the PEDs, coWard got bodied by old age, and GGG done whooped up on the rest of 160 so all I got to say is keep the tissues handy because you anti-GGG chumps got a lot of crying left to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      the most ridiculous **** i heard was around the time ward was fighing kovalev sanchez gave an interview where he said golovkin could beat all the guys at 175 "but thats not on the table right now so i wont talk about it"

i would favor a guy like joe smith to pummel golovkin lol....golovkin cant even finish of an A level jr mw ...cant even beat him convincingly
      Golovkin beat him by 4 rounds. Canelo backed up cluelessly and only fought in spurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        hahah ward buried it huh? wow....thats a good one man

k2 replied "no" within an hour...not a "we might consider it after were done fighting lemiuex or some time next year"...they flat out said no...and that was in 2015...they also shut it down for all of 2016 saying "it might be possible sometime in 2017"....

but it was ward that buried it huh?

youve got to be out of your mind to think that golovkin really wanted to fight ward prior to wards inactivity....because it was presented and he didnt want to fight him at all.....golovkin knew ward was leaving for 175 unless golovkin himself wanted to fight him....so he said no and ruled it out for all of the coming year ahead....

ward specifically weighed 171 for his lhw fight with paul smith..keeping his weight halfway between the classes in case golovkin grew a pair and wanted to fight

you golovkin fanboys are predictable but still just unreal....you twist facts and timelines and make things up...its hilarious really

ward didnt avoid any golovkin conversation ever....there was never a conversation when you think there was one......youve got it in your mind that ward was avoiding golovkin 5 years ago....no one was talking about that fight then
        Before Ward even fought Dawson the matchup was brought up.
        Mar 17, 2012
        "Andre Ward?" I asked.
        "Maybe, yes," Golovkin said.

Golovkin made the 50/50 offer in July.
        Ward himself says they sent the letter in August.
        Ward vs Smith was June 20th & Andre weighed 171.8. Your timelines don't match up bro.
        That same month Hunter says "We're not leaving the super middleweight division until we take care of unfinished business and get things that we need to get done."
        His next fight though was against Barrera he was at 174.8.

How is that keeping the fight alive?

By August Ward says "I don't think I can make 168 anymore."

Comment

This is good stuff.

I take issue with your summation of the Chavez negotiations. There was a deal to fight GGG at 168, but at the final hour Top Rank demanded that any deal for the fight required that Chavez sign a 3 fight extension. This was unacceptable, as is borne out by the fact Chavez is not with Top Rank anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
            This is good stuff.

I take issue with your summation of the Chavez negotiations. There was a deal to fight GGG at 168, but at the final hour Top Rank demanded that any deal for the fight required that Chavez sign a 3 fight extension. This was unacceptable, as is borne out by the fact Chavez is not with Top Rank anymore.
            I can understand that because it's the reason Chavez gave, however if you read what Arum said it's a totally different picture:

The fight tentatively was scheduled to take place on July 19 2014.

“We have until the fall in 2015,” Arum said. “That’s where his contract goes, whether it’s one fight or more than one fight. He passed on this opportunity. We’re prepared to offer him another fight as we go. In other words, if he doesn’t want to extend the contract, that’s fine. But we have a contract that goes until October of 2015. So that’s what they haven’t explained to him. When we said we wanted another fight for him after this [Golovkin] fight, what we were saying was within the period of time of our contract. But you have everybody buzzing in his ear, so that’s unfortunate. But we’re going to offer him another fight and, as I said, we’ll offer him a couple of fights and we won’t extend his contract past where it is now, which is the end of October 2015.”

April 2015
            "A settlement has been concluded which I believe is satisfactory to all parties," said Arum, who declined to specify how much money Top Rank was paid to settle. "When we do something like that, we don't trumpet it, but we got it done a couple of weeks ago. I'm not going to tell you [the terms], but it was very satisfactory."

Don't think they'd settle if Arum had no ground to stand on. Haymon bought out the remainder of the contract. Since Chavez wasn't fighting anyways Arum cut his losses.

So then Chavez didn't fight again for a year, his next fight he was severely out of shape & quit against Fonfara. This doesn't lend credence to him actually wanting the fight against GGG.

However, this is always the tough part in determining who's at fault & why "ducking" was never included in my post. There's actually more than 2 sides in a few of these cases, but the point still stands that Golovkin made a good offer & the fight didn't mature through any fault on his teams side.
            Last edited by S7V7N; 05-29-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
              Honestly, I'd be interested in seeing that. List those very same people that turned avoided GGG and the person they fought right afterwards AND the purse they got AND where they were ranked and if it was ever a bigger fight than the Gennady fight they just turned down.

That'd be interesting to see actually.
              Never forgot about this question, just took me some time to get around to it. Link

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                Never forgot about this question, just took me some time to get around to it. Link
                Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                one tactic that Loeffler/Sanchez use is to say an opponent has no intentions of facing their fighter without even talking to them.

they just recently did it to Derevyanchenko. Loeffler said that Derev wasn't gonna be ready for May 5th without even talking to the guy. Then Derev's people came out and put Loeffler in his place.

Whether Derev can beat him or not is not the point. Why use shady tactics to brush him aside? that's the issue..
                Not sure if Derev would have really taken on this fight on short notice. The negotiations with Jacobs recently paint a different picture. Either way, IBF really comes off looking like fools for stripping him & not having a fight lined up. Interested in seeing if the Jacobs fight actually gets sealed this Tuesday.

Need to made a thread of who Gennady has ducked, not sure it's that long but still would be interesting to see.

Comment

Amazing post

Comment

Working...
                  X