No announcement yet.

The CHAMP Speaks On The Anthony Johnson Negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
    40% is still well more than he’s worth. Upto aj and co how much they want the fourth belt, if I were in his shoes I would just make him wait until he accepts less to be honest.
    So basically you don't want to watch the fight and are more worried what AJ is gonna get paid.

Comment

I get why Wilder would say "you think I would turn down 50 million dollars?"..... but Joshua is already worth 50 million POUNDS, he doesn't need the money as badly as Wilder does.... and Joshua sells the event so it's not really Wilder's team making the money..... you might be able to get backers to give you $50 million, and try and buy a guy and sell an event on the other guys name/belts and make back your money..... that doesn't mean shiat!

the fact is that Joshua is getting 15 million pounds richer every fight now, he doesn't need to give up his name, belts and home advantage for 50 million dollars, he's the A-side and the name. He should never have spoke those words in that IFL TV interview, Wilder's team took advanatge and made him look a mug, but lets be honest, joshua is not going to the U.S for $50 million, he already is worth 66 million dollars, and he'll double that in the next 3 fights.

Comment

40% is still well more than he’s worth. Upto aj and co how much they want the fourth belt, if I were in his shoes I would just make him wait until he accepts less to be honest.
        This fight isn't as big as it'll be because of AJ alone..

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        Joshua seems genuinely disinterested in this fight.
        Joshua has stated in recent interviews he wants Wilder next, and has no interest in Povetkin. People say, "boxers aren't afraid," however the fear of losing is a real thing in this case. Hearn and them were interested in fighting Big Titty Miller here in the states, but yet they lay out every damn excuse not to fight Wilder here, and that's including a 50 million dollar guarantee. How much you reckon AJ makes fighting Miller over here?

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
        It'll be funny if we go through all that just to end up with a common sense arrangement that could have been negotiated in 30 seconds
        The common sense solution is to accept the 50 million dollar guarantee for a fight Hearn says is only worth 40 TOTAL.

I mean seriously, if it was any other fighter besides Wilder, do you seriously think we'd still be here, a month after a guarantee that big? The largest guarantee for ANYBODY not named Floyd Mayweather?

C'mon man, these clowns are obviously trying every excuse in the book for a way out of the fight, they just haven't found one well-minded fans will accept yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
          All the wilder fanboys out in force.
          Great rebuttal, idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            I get why Wilder would say "you think I would turn down 50 million dollars?"..... but Joshua is already worth 50 million POUNDS, he doesn't need the money as badly as Wilder does.... and Joshua sells the event so it's not really Wilder's team making the money..... you might be able to get backers to give you $50 million, and try and buy a guy and sell an event on the other guys name/belts and make back your money..... that doesn't mean shiat!

the fact is that Joshua is getting 15 million pounds richer every fight now, he doesn't need to give up his name, belts and home advantage for 50 million dollars, he's the A-side and the name. He should never have spoke those words in that IFL TV interview, Wilder's team took advanatge and made him look a mug, but lets be honest, joshua is not going to the U.S for $50 million, he already is worth 66 million dollars, and he'll double that in the next 3 fights.
            AJ gets 15 pounds richer every fight? And you think turning down nearly triple that for only 1 fight, makes great sense?

Look, I don't care how big of a fanboy you are, you know there is no way in hell it makes sense turning that down...and the 50 million is what he'd make MINIMUM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crushinator View Post
              if aj can keep talks going forever it doesn't officially count as a duck
              :rofl1:

The goal in boxing is to make as much money as possible each fight. 50 mil plus 50% of the profits is retirement money. Sure he could make a combined $50 mil over his next 2 or 3 fights but why add all that damage to your body when you can make that in one fight?

Comment

Well something's gotta give. AJ doesn't want to make the most money for both parties in the USA, but you don't want to offer Wilder an enticing enough deal to leave the USA money on the table? We're not paying to watch AJ shadowbox in there

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                  AJ gets 15 pounds richer every fight? And you think turning down nearly triple that for only 1 fight, makes great sense?

Look, I don't care how big of a fanboy you are, you know there is no way in hell it makes sense turning that down...and the 50 million is what he'd make MINIMUM.
                  I am disappointed he did, I wanted AJ to fight in the U.S and take the offer, I'm just stating facts. AJ doesn't want to sell himself and give up home advantage, him and his team are not confident enough to take the risk and already make too much money, Wilder's team called their bluff and he bailed, simple as.

I'm not an AJ fanboy at all BTW, I'm a Fury guy myself, and critique both Wilder and AJ equally.

In this case, it's obvious what is happening, AJ put his foot in it with the $50 million thing, Wilder's team jumped on what he said, got backers to front the money, but they want to use AJ to make their money back.... clever from Wilder's team but was never going to happen when AJ is worth far more and doesn't need to sell his name or titles for that money...... he could make similar amounts if Povetkin goes to purse and they offer massive money to fight in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    :rofl1:

The goal in boxing is to make as much money as possible each fight. 50 mil plus 50% of the profits is retirement money. Sure he could make a combined $50 mil over his next 2 or 3 fights but why add all that damage to your body when you can make that in one fight?
                    Because there is a chance he could lose and that would affect his profits going forward with no belts?

Wilder is a HUGE risk to AJ and what he has built, that fight does not go 12 rounds, it's 50/50 who gets KO'd, Joshua has too much to lose, even for a one-off $50 million offer, he can make that in 3 fights, maybe 2 if Povetkin's team make a ridiculous offer to win the purse.

Comment

I am disappointed he did, I wanted AJ to fight in the U.S and take the offer, I'm just stating facts. AJ doesn't want to sell himself and give up home advantage, him and his team are not confident enough to take the risk and already make too much money, Wilder's team called their bluff and he bailed, simple as.

I'm not an AJ fanboy at all BTW, I'm a Fury guy myself, and critique both Wilder and AJ equally.

In this case, it's obvious what is happening, AJ put his foot in it with the $50 million thing, Wilder's team jumped on what he said, got backers to front the money, but they want to use AJ to make their money back.... clever from Wilder's team but was never going to happen when AJ is worth far more and doesn't need to sell his name or titles for that money...... he could make similar amounts if Povetkin goes to purse and they offer massive money to fight in Russia.
                      its all about the risk factor for AJ here...lets face it

he can go to russia and fight povetkin for a good chunk of change...but what does that do for AJ? does it raise his profile? nope

beating wilder in the US..in vegas...makes AJ a star on another level

the problem is they view it as a huge risk

Comment

Working...
                      X