Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dubois Gives Deontay Wilder The Edge To Beat Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joshua KO’s Wilder 1st rd

yup yup yup

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      He only didn’t look good if you overrated him in the first place imo. He dominated 2 top 10 opponents, one top 5 and a fellow titlist, barely lost a round and won both fights.

If people were expecting flawless displays then of course they would be disappointed. Even top tier greats (absolutely not putting AJ in that category) struggled with what we would think of as average contenders. Watch Louis vs Godoy I, Marciano vs Lastarza I and others like it. Hell how about Lewis vs Rahman, Tyson vs Douglas etc.

Just because you aren’t the best in the word doesn’t mean you can’t give the top guys a lot to think about. Especially someone as inexperienced as Joshua
      The problem is that he did it in 2 consecutive fights which brings questions now that he will be fighting someone who can actually bang. The first question was, looking bad was this a one off which can be shaken or a proper dip in form and he is not as good? In the very next fight he looks bad again. I hope he can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
        Agreed, Dubois is a huge tough son of gun. Wilder can get a really good idea of focused robotic rangy aggressiveness - familiarizing himself with this tall built tank (not saying he's robotic, but he's big strong and aggressive). Another few fights and Dubois is ready to give AJ all he can handle......his mindset would be the determining factor.....because imo, he has the skillset to embarrass AJ if he's confident with it....
        I think Dubois is a lot more flexible and loose than Joshua personally, he's naturally a big man, whereas Joshua was 30 lbs lighter at the same age. The muscles Joshua has put on has made him stiff. Dubois is much less defined, just a natural 240lber.... and he could get bigger and stronger as well, scary stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
          Height and build ok. But Joshua is way more defensively conscious, which could lead to miscalculations. Now, if he could get Dubois and Yoka it would be perfect
          Dubois is still learning, we don't know what his style will be against a top opponent, or what his defence is like, he's been front-foot so far.

A sparring partner usually mimics a style, and Dubois has seen enough of Joshua to copy a pretty basic high guard style.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
            Laughable! Actually have a look at a picture of him will you, he’s buit far more like wilder. Really wilder would be givin himself a real headwind if he chose him as a main sparring partner
            What the hell are you talking about? Dubois is built more like Wilder? is that what you are telling me? hahahaha

AJ: 6'6 245+ lbs , Dubois: 6'5 240lbs, Wilder: 6'7, 220lbs

take your own advice and look at a picture of Dubois, he's much more built like AJ than Wilder. FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
              The problem is that he did it in 2 consecutive fights which brings questions now that he will be fighting someone who can actually bang. The first question was, looking bad was this a one off which can be shaken or a proper dip in form and he is not as good? In the very next fight he looks bad again. I hope he can do better.
              Did he look bad though? He soundly outboxed and outmanoeuvred two top 10 opponents with contrasting styles, fighting using different styles himself in both. I’d say that was impressive. It’s not young Mike Tyson impressive but then who is?

He is still very much a developing fighter and it didn’t surprise me particularly that he said struggled vs Takam. I’ve watched many Takam fights and he is a very solid fighter with underrated skills and toughness.

With Parker I was surprised that Joshua couldn’t land his own shots, but at the end of the day he controlled the fight and won pretty easily. Was a pretty dull fight but **** happens. The spotlight he is under every thing he does gets magnified to a ridiculous degree, good and bad.

Comment

Joshua is susceptible to the cross, Wilder will get it in. Klitshcko did each round (2,3,4) in a row - But my opinion is this, if he's good enough to see Wladimir's cross and begin a defensive head turn in the opposite direction(which he did)...for sure he will earlier anticipate, and survive, Wilder's. I wouldn't bet on this fight. But if you absolutely had to, I'd pick Joshua because of his right uppercut finisher.

I think he's gonna sneak in on Wilder when Wilder starts his wild antics, and throw a weak left, right hook to body with a 70-80% left hook up top for the third punch, then a right uppercut for the fourth punch of his combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                  I think Dubois is a lot more flexible and loose than Joshua personally, he's naturally a big man, whereas Joshua was 30 lbs lighter at the same age. The muscles Joshua has put on has made him stiff. Dubois is much less defined, just a natural 240lber.... and he could get bigger and stronger as well, scary stuff!
                  My sentiments EXACTLY Vinnykin!!! If Dubois cornered me in an ally and told me to hand over my money, I'd give him the money and thank him for a job well done! - then I'd pass out.....

Comment

Working...
                  X