Comments Thread For: ESPN, UFC Announce and Outline Huge Multi-Year Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Thought this was a boxing site
    To be fair, all of the MMA sites reported on Hearn's deal with DAZN and TR's deal with ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
      You're not just paying for boxing with the $4.99 subscription, you're paying for a TON of content. If you're a fight fan, you're getting 16 bouts a year from Top Rank, you're also getting some decent fights from golden boy. Now adding thos UFC package to the mix, it is an unbelievable bargain at $4.99 monthly. Not to mention all of the MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS games, as well as rugby and a other sports not so popular here in the US.
      True, but it still doesn’t eliminate that mentality that everything has to be a monthly pay service now. A lot of people have been getting rid of cable to save money, but when these companies keep adding their own monthly streaming pay services it starts to feel like you’re paying the same amount either way now. Everyone thought Top Rank moving to ESPN would be them airing big fights on ESPN itself, now they have this stupid app to force people to pay if they want to see non-PPV caliber fights.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
        You're not just paying for boxing with the $4.99 subscription, you're paying for a TON of content. If you're a fight fan, you're getting 16 bouts a year from Top Rank, you're also getting some decent fights from golden boy. Now adding thos UFC package to the mix, it is an unbelievable bargain at $4.99 monthly. Not to mention all of the MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS games, as well as rugby and a other sports not so popular here in the US.
        plus 6 international boxing shows fam

Comment

Someone help me out

If I'm reading this whole thing right, it'd seem as if ESPN ended up with the whole deal.

12 UFC PPV events, 10 events for ESPN, 20 events for ESPN+ (I believe the prelims for the PPV are also on ESPN).

Looking at the UFC's show history over the last 4 or 5 years, about 40 shows is all they run in any given year.

Am I missing anything?

Comment

ESPN putting in heavy work

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              plus 6 international boxing shows fam
              True. If you're a sports fan period, ESPN+ is lit!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                True, but it still doesn’t eliminate that mentality that everything has to be a monthly pay service now. A lot of people have been getting rid of cable to save money, but when these companies keep adding their own monthly streaming pay services it starts to feel like you’re paying the same amount either way now. Everyone thought Top Rank moving to ESPN would be them airing big fights on ESPN itself, now they have this stupid app to force people to pay if they want to see non-PPV caliber fights.
                Yeah, I get what you're saying, but what's better now is that even though you're spending about the same as before with the cable packages, now you get to pick and choose what to pay for. No more paying for the hallmark type channels cable companies forced you to get in other to get certain packages.

Comment

Why is this posted on boxingscene. Who gives a **** what ufc has

Comment

whats this got to do with boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      If I'm reading this whole thing right, it'd seem as if ESPN ended up with the whole deal.

12 UFC PPV events, 10 events for ESPN, 20 events for ESPN+ (I believe the prelims for the PPV are also on ESPN).

Looking at the UFC's show history over the last 4 or 5 years, about 40 shows is all they run in any given year.

Am I missing anything?
                      ESPN bought FOX's half of the UFC.

So in addition to the half of UFC they already had, now gives them all of the UFC.

Comment

Working...
                      X