Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN+ is the worst deal for Boxing, it will not help Boxing or builc new stars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends how big that app gets. ESPN is trying to roll with the trends. I think it would be great and could be big if allow all espn live games and programs to be viewed on there as well without a cable subscription.

Gladly pay $5 for that and like YouTube, Hulu or PS TV and wifi

Comment

Spot on bud

Comment

Yes DAZN will an even bigger failure.

Comment

A lot of the Showtime fanboys are hoping this and DAZN fails for some reason...

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Thats great if Boxing had stars and is a popular sport, the only way to get new stars and boxing into the masses is by pushing it every day into the mainstream by way of regular ESPN Cable, where people dont pay for an app

Casuals are not going to say hey let me pay for this sports app just to watch this boxer prospect I never heard of

This benefits UFC more since most of the UFC fan base are internet users heavy on the net.

most of boxing is latched onto working class type 30 to 50 year olds who dont really go on boxing forums they like boxing but just whatever they see being pushed on ESPn, HBO and showtime when they get home, they aren't going to log into an app and order a stream which will get choppy if it max overloads.

most of these 9 to 5ers just use internet to log into facebook and communicate with friends and check email. they probably only use the net on Saturday and Sunday, then on a daily basis maybe 30 to 40 minutes upon waking up before going to work and then 30 to 40 minutes when they get home before bed and ready to take a nap just to send emails, check facebook and go to bed, and tune into ESPN sports center to catch up on sports and put it on sleep timer and go to bed, wakeup watch ESPN first take or FOX sports while eating breakfast and check emails and go to work.
            basically..... this was my problem with eddie hearns deal it doesn't increase the fan base of boxing. As for espn it just goes to show what type of deal bob arum has. This furthers my suspicion that it was a 360 deal in favor of espn and not a tv rights deal. it just doesn't make sense to not put this fight on eson or ABC unless the promotion is getting paid by putting it on espn+.

At least eddie hearn is getting money for his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack. View Post
              A lot of the Showtime fanboys are hoping this and DAZN fails for some reason...
              I actually want it to succeed however I realize that boxings future depends more on Dazn ability to make a foothold in the USA and not as much on eddie hearns ability to promote the sport. And I just don't trust it yet especially going against espn, Netflix, amazon should the later two enter the arena. But in total it is a plus for the sport to be on a platform this size.

Comment

in other news did anyone see Oscar de la hoya beside Stephen Espinoza last night? and I'm pretty sure Al haymon was a seat to the right behind them

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  When is that supposed to happen? When are they taking NBA and NFL and College football/basketball off the air and put it on ESPN +?
                  They already got other non-combat sports on there
                  https://espnmediazone.com/us/espn-li...edule-by-date/
                  Granted its nothing on par with the sports you mention...yet, but the road for ESPN seems to be paved towards a transition into superior streaming services.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                    Yes DAZN will an even bigger failure.
                    wtfis a Dazn?

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                      in other news did anyone see Oscar de la hoya beside Stephen Espinoza last night? and I'm pretty sure Al haymon was a seat to the right behind them
                      yeah that was crazy wasnt Oscar suing Espinoza and Haymon>

Its probably because Oscar is stuck he has no other fighters his fighter just lost to Gary Russell and Canelo is his only star who tested for peds.

He will have to kiss and make up now and hope some of those fighters sign with him again.

Comment

Working...
                      X