Mayweather reacts to lomachenko's ko of linares;

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    If this was about Loma, I agree...
    Yes, sir, it is. Grandmaster and I were discussing Loma's last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
      Only problem is, at 130 or even 135 will he really be selling PPVs?

It's clear as day that he will never fight at the magic 147, but can he really become a star at 130(5)? I personally don't think so.
      Good analysis, and I agree, with one exception. Davis-Loma will be PPV when it happens and I believe it would sell decently.

Comment

Personally, I always look at reach more so then weight, height, frame...

In my humble opinion if you have the reach to fight in the division, you can fight in the division, and Broner has enough reach.
        Both Gervonta and Broner are "small" in terms of height, and reach... but they are "big" in terms of frame and muscle mass...

(I think you also forgot that fucking "movement"...)

Comment

... I don't know... Tank is somehow like Broner: too heavy for "his weight class", but too small for classes above... Am I wrong?...
          Youre not wrong. A change may suit him though, getting out of that environment. Nothing wrong with not being as good as Lomachenko, that's becoming overbearing on the guy, Mayweather stuck him in the jackpot.

Comment

Both Gervonta and Broner are "small" in terms of height, and reach... but they are "big" in terms of frame and muscle mass...

(I think you also forgot that fucking "movement"...)
            Well Gervonta is very short yes, just to think he's 5'5"...I have a friend who is 5'5"...

But Broner's reach is listed at 69" so it's about average for a welter.

But I guess, ideally he cuts down and stops being "heavy" for his weight class.

Man they really have to cut classes in half.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Yes, sir, it is. Grandmaster and I were discussing Loma's last fight.
              OK... as about Loma fighting at 135 only for big money fights: I can't see him fighting Mickey as long as Bob Arum is still alive...

Comment

Well Gervonta is very short yes, just to think he's 5'5"...I have a friend who is 5'5"...

But Broner's reach is listed at 69" so it's about average for a welter.

But I guess, ideally he cuts down and stops being "heavy" for his weight class.

Man they really have to cut classes in half.
                ... at 147, Broner even faced problems against Paulie fucking Malignaggi (who was 71″ / 180cm in reach)... and then Granados...

(... and you still don't address the "movement")...

Comment

OK... as about Loma fighting at 135 only for big money fights: I can't see him fighting Mickey as long as Bob Arum is still alive...
                  Other than Mikey, what other enticing fights are really there at 135?

He might wanna crowd Davis and be in his face at 130 in order to get that fight. That's his biggest money fight, even including Mikey, and has a PPV written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    Good analysis, and I agree, with one exception. Davis-Loma will be PPV when it happens and I believe it would sell decently.
                    By the time a fight with those two becomes realistic I don't think the PPV model will really be that popular as it's already a dying platform. There's literally only 2 fights in Boxing right now that deserve the billing and I genuinely don't see Tank or Loma becoming cross over PPV attractions. Even Mikey vs Loma to be honest would be lucky to get a 700K PPV buy. It seems Live Streaming / subscription based platforms is where everything is headed, and I'm ok with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                      Youre not wrong. A change may suit him though, getting out of that environment. Nothing wrong with not being as good as Lomachenko, that's becoming overbearing on the guy, Mayweather stuck him in the jackpot.
                      ... but as I said it above: Tank weighted-in at above 130 in 7 of his last 10 fights...

Comment

Working...
                      X