Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legit question, do liver shots hurt that bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I ever got knocked down during a exhibition spar was with a solar plexus uppercut I didn't see coming and I couldn't breathe took a knee. Never felt so defenseless. If the liver punch is anything like that then in hurts a lot more then any headpunch you can take.

Comment

When I started boxing, the best guy in the gym was in my weight class and I always sparred with him to learn about my defiencies and one of my holes was that I didnt tuck in my elbows, because before I did boxing I dabbled around in muay Thai.

He was always throwing sharp left hooks to the Body until I was defensively responsible to not offer him that opening. The damage from a Body shot is really painful. You cant breathe correctly, your legs give out and you are paralysed for a Duration of time.

Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
        I think it was the other way around.
        Both guys got knocked down from body shots during their trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          My brother I couldn’t of said it better
          From MTL
          I partied wit Arturo and what a special person he was
          I went down to AC to see him fight Mayweather
          Imo he belongs in the HoF
          Love that fugher RIP
          Arturo is in the Hall of Fame. He was inducted around 2012-2013.

Comment

i was surprise when Marcos Maidana got up from the Ahmir Khan liver shot.... that's a bad motherF@#Ker

Comment

How hard is it to connect on a good liver punch? Is the target area small...or can you defend them by flexing your abs?

I can't imagine why fighters down on the cards wouldn't try to go for broke with a liver shot then.

Comment

That was a damn hard punch. It was a fast punch with his bodyweight behind it. Of course it hurt that bad. Linares wasn't laying on the canvas in agony just for the hell of it.

Comment

YES THEY DO!! I've never caught one in the boxing ring because I as a fighter that used my legs and never did the toe to toe infighting, but on the basketball court one time, someone caught me with with a forearm in the liver when I jumped and extended my arms to grab the ball. I could not breathe or stand up for at least a minute. Every piece of oxygen I had was gone as I was on the floor in a fetal position. The only other time I've felt pain like that was when I had a groin tear haha

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                    How hard is it to connect on a good liver punch? Is the target area small...or can you defend them by flexing your abs?

I can't imagine why fighters down on the cards wouldn't try to go for broke with a liver shot then.
                    People land there all the time, but may not get it perfectly timed or their opponent can embrace for it well enough. Flexing your abs will protect you, but if your abs aren't strong enough, fatigued or your opponent connects hard/accurate enough, you'll still go down.

The best time to land there is when your opponent is throwing a right hand. Him exhaling will expand the liver and make it more exposed. That's why they teach you to counter with a left hook to the body when your opponent throws a right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by qOcOp View Post
                      that shot didnt even look that hard but linares looked like he was in paaaaaaain
                      It does hurt the hardest bit is getting your breath back quickly, it keeps you floored so when you see guys struggling to get back up its not an act.
                      If you tried sparring or whatever I'm sure it would maybe eventually happen to you, although, its not something you'd want to put yourself through.

Comment

Working...
                      X