Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers throughout history that are surprisingly NOT punch drunk/brain damaged.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I know, man. I’ve often wondered what Chuvalo must be made of. He’s endured physical and emotional punishment on the highest levels, yet he appears unfazed. Special guy.
    Amen.......

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
      Jake LaMotta was a medical marvel in my eyes. Dude lived to be 90 something and would still do his stand up comedy routines late into his life.
      Amazing with the beatings he took when he was fighting SRR.

I have a picture of him jokingly going into my pockets to get money one year I went to the boxing HOF. The dude was sharp like a tack.

Comment

You never hear about retired Mexican boxers having those kind of problems.i saw in the news that scientists studied agave tequila from mexico and found that it makes your bones thicker and stronger maybe that has something to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
          McCall’s chin was GOAT level was he ever even hurt?
          McCall had one of the greatest chins if not the greatest Chin in the History of Boxing.

Never dropped or hurt even when he was fighting well into his 40's.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
            Oliver McCall.

Considering he fought untill nearly 50 Years old and had over 70 Fights, he's still sharp and speaks clearly.

He has a great spirit, man. I’d say, “God bless him”...if I believed in God. Lol Anyway, he does sound 100%, but Oliver is only 53. There’s still time for those wires to cross. Lol I wish him the best. Seems like a real nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              His personal life was hell. Lost three of his sons and a daughter to drugs. His wife couldn't handle it and committed suicide. What a hell he must have went through.
              Holy damn, I didnt know that. Thats a tough dose, most people would just curl up in a corner and wither away. The man is tougher than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                Oliver McCall.

Considering he fought untill nearly 50 Years old and had over 70 Fights, he's still sharp and speaks clearly.

That's great seeing him in good health. A lot of people were concerned when he mentally broke down in the Lewis fight.

Comment

Mickey Ward
                  Tony Thompson
                  Joe Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                    Mickey Ward
                    Tony Thompson
                    Joe Calzaghe
                    I don't know man. The time I saw an interview with Ward he was sounding a little punchy.

Comment

The champ, Charlie Z

Comment

Working...
                      X