Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do referees give the count? Linares took 15 seconds to get up, ref counted to 10.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do referees give the count? Linares took 15 seconds to get up, ref counted to 10.

How do the referees give the count? Is it based on real seconds, or is it simply an estimated count from one to ten not based on any actual time span?

Because in the case of Linares, he took 15 actual seconds to get up, but the ref was only reaching the end of his ten count.

See pics and video below.

Linares fell at 10:39

Linares still down at 10:53, got up at 10:54

Actual video if you guys want to double check:

They dont count in seconds, it is not a 10 second count..Just a 10 count...Some count faster then others..Fights listen to the ref and go by their count

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      How do the referees give the count? Is it based on real seconds, or is it simply an estimated count from one to ten not based on any actual time span?

Because in the case of Linares, he took 15 actual seconds to get up, but the ref was only reaching the end of his ten count.

See pics and video below.

Linares fell at 10:39

Linares still down at 10:53, got up at 10:54

Actual video if you guys want to double check:
      The ref had to send Loma in a neutral corner first and started the count after that...

Comment

If the ref is redirecting the man standing he then picks the count up from the time keeper.
        There are no watch's involved it is a ten count not a ten second count!

Ray

Comment

I really don't want to say Linars quit but watching this when the ref said 9 Linares was still hunched over ref didnt say 10 and gave him almost 2 more extra seconds before he called it off lol. Gave him every chance to continue but Linares body language was of a man defeated or broken.

Comment

Doesn't someone ringside keep the count then the ref picks it up from them after sending the other fighter to his neutral corner. It's why you often see the ref look outside the ring then start counting after getting the count from ringside person.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              The ref had to send Loma in a neutral corner first and started the count after that...
              Even when that happens the count is already started by the time keeper and the ref just picks it up

Comment

didn't matter, he was going to quit regardless

Comment

That count looked very fair. Refs often slow if a fighter is starting to stand but this guy just kept it precise. If Linares wanted to continue, he should have expressed that in his body language.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    Even when that happens the count is already started by the time keeper and the ref just picks it up
                    I know what you're saying, but I've seen many fights where a guy got an extended amount of time because the opponent would not get in a neutral corner. I don't know what considerations were in effect for that to happen, but I've definitely seen it many times.

Comment

Working...
                    X