Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now Loma has to beat Garcia? I guess haters gonna hate...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved up, beat the #1 guy. Can’t ask for much more

Would like to see Lomachenko-Garcia if both are serious about staying at 135

Don’t blame Lomachenko if he goes back to 130 because he is definitely undersized at 135

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      "Mikey Garcia, who holds the WBC lightweight title, and IBF beltholder Robert Easter Jr. agreed to meet in a unification matchup on July 28 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, sources with knowledge of the talks told THE RING."

https://www.******.com/535614-mikey-...title-fight-l/
      Loma fights winner, possibly someone else in the meantime?

Comment

Loma v Mikey is the best fight to be made for both guys.

That said, if Loma beat Mikey, they would find a way to discredit the win. When guys are that good, people are never willing to give them credit. They did the same with Floyd. If anyone else beat his opponents, they got massive credit but when Floyd did, people discredited the opponent. It's really hard to please people when you're that good, people want to bring you down somehow.

Loma is in the same boat now. He moved up and beat the best 135 guy and some still aren't happy. Let's face it, Mikey fans would be creaming themselves if he had fought and stopped Linares.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Loma fights winner, possibly someone else in the meantime?
          ... I don't know, of course... Yesterday, just before fighting Linares, Loma said that, no matter the outcome, he has to carefully evaluate if he continues at 135 or if he has to go back down at 130... In my opinion, this guy is aware that he is quite small even for 135, not to mention 140...

Comment

... I don't know, of course... Yesterday, just before fighting Linares, Loma said that, no matter the outcome, he has to carefully evaluate if he continues at 135 or if he has to go back down at 130... In my opinion, this guy is aware that he is quite small even for 135, not to mention 140...
            He looked smaller than I anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              He looked smaller than I anticipated.
              ... He actually IS small (in terms of body frame height and reach)... I was "afraid" that he wouldn't be capable to cope with Linares... (and i wasn't far from the truth)...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                Loma v Mikey is the best fight to be made for both guys.

That said, if Loma beat Mikey, they would find a way to discredit the win. When guys are that good, people are never willing to give them credit. They did the same with Floyd. If anyone else beat his opponents, they got massive credit but when Floyd did, people discredited the opponent. It's really hard to please people when you're that good, people want to bring you down somehow.

Loma is in the same boat now. He moved up and beat the best 135 guy and some still aren't happy. Let's face it, Mikey fans would be creaming themselves if he had fought and stopped Linares.
                If Loma beats Mikey, you know Mikey will become a shot fighter the minute it happens, whose chin was already "exposed" by Roman Martinez...

Comment

This fight will happen in 2019 you can count on that!

Comment

I think he should fight Mikey at 135, but otherwise, he is indeed smallish even at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by 7NN View Post
                      Leave for what? Only in 147 he can find any big names. It's a money fight, avoiding it - ducking smaller fighter.
                      Not what I meant.

Let me clarify:
                      If Garcia decides to move up and only then, will he take a Lomachenko fight. I'm calling bullshyt.

Comment

Working...
                      X