Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lomachenko retired tomorrow, would he be HOF-worthy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Navalny20!8 View Post
    Absolutely not. For anyone disagreeing, please tell me his top 5 wins.
    I disagree, and without naming his top 5 fights, think so for the simple fact that he won 3 division titles in about half the fights than the next closest competitor

Comment

Yes, on amateur career and accomplishment alone. If Lazlo Papp belongs there then Loma does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I think so. He's reached P4P #1 by a couple of sources (BWAA, ESPN). He holds 3 world records (fastest to a title in 1, 2, and 3 weight classes). He's got good names on his resume (GRJ, Walters, Rigondeaux, Linares). All in 12 pro fights.

Moot point though. He's just getting started.
        What do you mean fastest? As in least time or least fights? Jeff Fenech won his first two titles in less time, not sure about 3rd though (don’t think so from memory) and he only tied Muangsurins old record for amount of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          Probably Linares, Rigondeaux, Gary Russell Jr, Walters, Martinez/Soa

Some fighters have asteriks to their names, but overall it's a good top 5. Not yet great, but looking at recent inductees, the requirements to get inducted are apparently not that high.

What are Vitali Klitschko, Naseem Hamed, Joe Calzaghe or Arturo Gattis top 5 wins?
          I agree that it is a good top 5, however, that should not get one into the HOF.

If it was up to me, none of the boxers that you listed would be inducted into the HOF.

It is disappointing that the standards just keep dropping.

Comment

IBHOF is weak, it's a joke. So yeah he can get in, there's literally no standards to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              What do you mean fastest? As in least time or least fights? Jeff Fenech won his first two titles in less time, not sure about 3rd though (don’t think so from memory) and he only tied Muangsurins old record for amount of fights.
              Least amount of fights. Tied for 1st weight class, set for 2nd and 3rd weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                Yes. Anyone saying no should just stop posting
                So which win took Loma into HOF status?

Comment

Nah, not yet.

Comment

Yes he would

Comment

Originally posted by Navalny20!8 View Post
                      I agree that it is a good top 5, however, that should not get one into the HOF.

If it was up to me, none of the boxers that you listed would be inducted into the HOF.

It is disappointing that the standards just keep dropping.
                      Yeah same sentiments, a hall of fame should be reserved for the best fighters ever, but nowadays it's just really watered down.

but answering the TS question, with the current requirements to get into the HOF he probably already has done enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X