Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler Ecstatic With Golovkin's Ratings, Matching Hopkins Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
    GGG is legit the best MW of all time. Can brawl and box. Hagler never beat a boxer/puncher/mover. A small Leonard embarrassed him, Willie Monroe (Who??) beat him twice, and an old fat Duran almost beat him.

Hagler would have gotten beat soundly by Jacobs and Canelo in those fights. Marvin couldn't box his way in, he just came in and brawled. Would have gotten outpointed against Canelo and Jacobs just like he did against Leonard and Monroe (twice).
    You must be on pcp/angel dust,or possibly heavy doses of K2 synthetic marijuana,a GGG groupie,a boxing novice or or all four.LOl.You obviously don't know jack about great fighters or boxing.Marvin was a complete fighter who could do it all.

He was more skilled,smarter,tougher,was more versatile than GGG and fought much better tougher competition.He threw more punches in one rd than GGG threw in 6rds.The MW version of Hearns flattens Canelo and Jacobs.Duran schools and punishes Canelo and Jacobs with possible late rd stoppages in both fights.

Ray Leonard outboxes both Canelo and Jacobs with the strong possibility of late rd stoppages in both fights. Canelo has always had problems with movers.But a past his prime Marvin flattened Hearns,schooled Duran and beat Leonard in my opinion.

GGG doesn't even beat Hamsho in my opinion because he was too tough and dirty with a chin like an anvil.His dirty mauling tactics would have taken GGG out of his game.Frustrated him and made him make plenty of mistakes.I also don't think he beats a pre- Hagler Mugabi.

He doesn't stand up to those punches in my opinion.Mugabi had one punch ko power.GGG beats fighters with an accumulation of punches.Before Marvin ruined Mugabi he could take a helluva shot evidenced by all the bombs he took from Marvin.He was an explosive and accurate counter puncher with underrated skills.The fight with Marvin ruined Mugabi and destroyed his punch resistance.He was never the same fighter after Marvin ruined him

GGG is fighting in the weakest MW era ever...Marvin would have beaten GGG a lot easier than most people think.Stop smoking and using banned substances/.They fry your brains and distort reality.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      Out all the stuff said here, the worst part of this post was calling Hearns a brawler lol Look buddy. I've seen all the tape you've seen, and I've had the pleasure of talking about this stuff with some guys who know their **** (Kronk gym old heads) Golovkin isn't anywhere near being the best MW ever. Cut out the fanboy stuff.

For you to reduce the appreciation (or lack thereof) for GGG down to race, shows you're not equipped to discuss this stuff objectively.
      Hearns was a brawler though - and yeah he could really box as well, I said that in my post (said he fought him all wrong...) - did you read what I wrote? He mainly tried to brawl Hagler (and most of his opponents) but doing so is what got him in trouble against Marvin.

Most couldn't take Hearns power, but Hagler (and Barkley) could and Tommy's chin and stamina were always problems for him. It was an exciting, memorable fight against Hagler, but a bad gameplan. The few moments in that short fight where Hearns actually boxed, he looked great.

GGG 100% is best MW ever. You can't defend Hagler's resume and then critique GGG's. You would just lose all credibility. You still didn't respond to my initial comments, which you were derisive about. Typical of most posters on here, you don't even come back with a response to the points in question, instead you name call and then when called out, you slightly change the subject into something else and claim victory.

Who do you put above GGG then in MW history? Hagler has 2 good wins, 1 solid win, and basically 3 bad losses. And then a lot of walkovers of lower level guys. He is in the discussion but any real impartial fan of boxing would not instantly put him at number 1, and would not be so dismissive of GGG.

And the dominance with which GGG has performed in his entire amateur and pro career, is more than deserving of respect as an ATG. Dominated at both levels, never has been beaten professionally, faced guys in their primes of all different styles, and no one has ever really come close. Never ducked anyone, been ducked numerous times.

And you can say whatever you want, but you know that if GGG was black you would rate him as number 1 middleweight ever. You would be touting the same things I am, except probably even more so. Difference is if he was black, I wouldn't be taking the other side and arguing with you, I would be agreeing. I might not be as BIG of a fan since race helps you identify with someone and root for them, but I would evaluate his greatness the same.

So if you want to actually try and respond to my initial comments about Hagler's resume and style compared to GGG, feel free. If you want to respond with more holier than thou talk and snide comments we will just leave it to the ignore list since you have no real intention on having an intellectual debate.

Comment

Originally posted by dray435 View Post
        You must be on pcp/angel dust,or possibly heavy doses of K2 synthetic marijuana,a GGG groupie,a boxing novice or or all four.LOl.You obviously don't know jack about great fighters or boxing.Marvin was a complete fighter who could do it all.

He was more skilled,smarter,tougher,was more versatile than GGG and fought much better tougher competition.He threw more punches in one rd than GGG threw in 6rds.The MW version of Hearns flattens Canelo and Jacobs.Duran schools and punishes Canelo and Jacobs with possible late rd stoppages in both fights.

Ray Leonard outboxes both Canelo and Jacobs with the strong possibility of late rd stoppages in both fights. Canelo has always had problems with movers.But a past his prime Marvin flattened Hearns,schooled Duran and beat Leonard in my opinion.

GGG doesn't even beat Hamsho in my opinion because he was too tough and dirty with a chin like an anvil.His dirty mauling tactics would have taken GGG out of his game.Frustrated him and made him make plenty of mistakes.I also don't think he beats a pre- Hagler Mugabi.

He doesn't stand up to those punches in my opinion.Mugabi had one punch ko power.GGG beats fighters with an accumulation of punches.Before Marvin ruined Mugabi he could take a helluva shot evidenced by all the bombs he took from Marvin.He was an explosive and accurate counter puncher with underrated skills.The fight with Marvin ruined Mugabi and destroyed his punch resistance.He was never the same fighter after Marvin ruined him

GGG is fighting in the weakest MW era ever...Marvin would have beaten GGG a lot easier than most people think.Stop smoking and using banned substances/.They fry your brains and distort reality.LOL
        Dude you just said Hagler beat Leonard....you have lost all credibility as an analyst.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
          It's such a tough scenario, Derevyanchenko just has no name at all and would be a small money fight while Canelo would be a huge payday. The haters just want to see GGG knocked off the pedestal so they can thumb their noses, so f*** them. I personally would love to see the unification against Saunders it's the biggest fight to be made at 160. But GGG might have to lose a belt in the process which really sucks.
          Yeah I agree...I just want GGG to do what is in his best interests, probably the money fight vs Canelo is that, because even if he smashes all of the newcomers people will just say they suck and find someone else.

Comment

He was too busy learning and getting outboxed by Willie Monroe Sr, twice, to get a title shot. If GGG lost to someone like that you would rake him over the coals, come on man
            That was very early in his career he avenged that questionable loss with a brutal 2nd rd ko.It's reported Marvin went into that fight ill and the decision was a close UD that many believe Marvin would have won by UD if it wasn't in Monroe's hometown.GGG struggled with light MW Kasim Ouma.Get real.

A c+ plus fighter at best.He was also getting schooled by Kell Brook before his eye socket gave way.GGG was outboxed by both Canelo and Jacobs.The Monroe fight was when Marvin was relatively green.That was a lame excuse for an argument.Marvin would have beaten the crap out of GGG.He was on a whole different level in in terms of skill versatility and toughness.

Comment

Dude you just said Hagler beat Leonard....you have lost all credibility as an analyst.
              Only green boxing novices make ridiculous statements like the one you just made.

Comment

You must be on pcp/angel dust,or possibly heavy doses of K2 synthetic marijuana,a GGG groupie,a boxing novice or or all four.LOl.You obviously don't know jack about great fighters or boxing.Marvin was a complete fighter who could do it all. - Why did he lose to Leonard so badly, almost lose to a fat, old Duran, and get outboxed by Willie Monroe Sr (who) twice? You can't overlook those things and then get on GGG's resume.

He was more skilled Not even close,smarternot even close,tougherarguable, he was tough as hell, no doubt,was more versatilepossibly, depending on definition, but Marvin was not a great boxer, he was a great brawler who was tougher than everyone at 160 than GGG and fought much better tougher competitionNegative. He fought 3 tough fights and won 2 and got embarrassed in one.
                And also barely beat an old fat Duran, and lost twice to Willie Monroe Sr...
                .He threw more punches in one rd than GGG threw in 6rdsCan you cite that?.The MW version of Hearns flattens Canelo and JacobsI give Hagler full credit for the Hearns win. Not many guys could take those shots from Tommy. But Hearns fought him all wrong. How would he have fought Canelo/Jacobs? They avoided GGG the whole fight and GGG is a much better pressure fighter than Tommy was.
                Tommy was great though, no doubt about it. One of my favorites.
                .Duran schools and punishes Canelo and Jacobs with possible late rd stoppages in both fights.Lol Ok dude, here is where you start to lose the plot, and make me think you never watched these fights at all. Duran was old and fat when
                he fought Hagler. And was ahead on the cards after 13 round and still went 15. That fight again showed Marvin had trouble against guys who could box and move some, and take a punch.
                Duran at 160 had NO business being in there against Hagler.
                But Hagler couldn't box well enough to get Duran out of there, in 15 rounds...again Marvin was a great brawler, as tough as anyone I've seen, but his boxing skills - against who? Where did those show up when he needed them?

Ray Leonard outboxes both Canelo and Jacobs with the strong possibility of late rd stoppages in both fights Lol not Ray Leonard at 160! Come on man. And styles make fights, Canelo and Jacobs tried to pull a Ray Leonard against GGG but GGG boxes too well to lose on points against that style. Marvin got whitewashed. Leonard at 160 would be reluctant to mix it up too much with real 160 pound fighters, but he was an ATG so I'm not debating that he would have beaten Jacobs and Canelo.
                But I don't think he could have kept GGG off of him for 12 rounds, he boxed a lot better than Marvin coming in. Leonard could have beat GGG legitimately but it wouldn't have been so one-sided like Leonard/Hagler
                . Canelo has always had problems with movers.But a past his prime Marvin flattened Hearns,schooled DuranLol dude you are embarrassing yourself and beat Leonard in my opinionand you've now lost all credibility. That fight was over after 7 rounds basically.
                Wasn't even close.

GGG doesn't even beat Hamsho hyping Hamsho is the modern day equivalent of me hyping David Lemieux bro in my opinion because he was too tough and dirty with a chin like an anvilHe got knocked out 1 round by someone not named Marvin Hagler.His dirty mauling tactics would have taken GGG out of his gameGGG has a great inside game actually.
                There are levels to boxing and saying Hamsho would have been a favorite against GGG is absurd.
                .Frustrated him and made him make plenty of mistakes.I also don't think he beats a pre- Hagler Mugabi.

He doesn't stand up to those punches in my opinion.Mugabi had one punch ko power.GGG beats fighters with an accumulation of punchesWhat does GGG's punching power have to do with Mugabi's? GGG has good punch resistance so it would be about that, not GGG's power.Before Marvin ruined Mugabi he could take a helluva shot evidenced by all the bombs he took from Marvin.He was an explosive and accurate counter puncher with underrated skills.The fight with Marvin ruined Mugabi and destroyed his punch resistance.He was never the same fighter after Marvin ruined him I agree with you on Mugabi- that was a great win and I think Marvin's best win in a way. He took on a undefeated monster no one wanted to face, went to war with him, and broke him. But saying he was never the same again - I could just as well say that he wasn't that good because look what Mugabi did after that fight? In his whole career, Mugabi never beat anyone of note...every time he stepped up he got KOd. Again I agree that the Mugabi that faced Hagler would have been a test for anyone. But if Hagler was a better boxer, as GGG was, I think he would have broken Mugabi down in more easily and cleanly. There is no evidence, based on resume, not eye test, to say Mugabi was any better than Lemieux or Curtis Stevens. Look at Mugabi's resume and tell me one guy he beat?

GGG is fighting in the weakest MW era ever Lol, if you say so. GGG has faced about 15 guys in their primes, all of different styles, and KOd all of them. Hagler faced about 10-15 live bodies in his career. And lost 3 of them. That says it all really. GGG on a different level boxing skills wise...Marvin would have beaten GGG a lot easier than most people think.Stop smoking and using banned substances/.They fry your brains and distort reality.LOL
                Hagler imo would have taken a bad beating against GGG.
                Besides the fact that athletes over time tend to get better, Hagler's size and GGG's jab and boxing IQ would keep Marvin at bay and break him down. You never see Danny Jacobs or Canelo take a step back, until they face GGG, and then they are running for their lives. Reason why is that jab leaves you vulnerable, so if you don't back up you are a sitting duck and will be broken down. I like Marvin a lot and he is tough as hell and an ATG, but it was a bad matchup for him against GGG, just like Hearns (with the way he fought) was a good matchup for Hagler. Styles make fights and Marvin had problems boxing his way in against guys, and he would have to do that against GGG.
                There is no footage of Hagler boxing his way in against a good fighter out there.
                Last edited by Boxing-1013; 05-08-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Only green boxing novices make ridiculous statements like the one you just made.
                  You know how to score rounds in a fight dude? Come on have you ever actually watched that fight?

Comment

Hearns was a brawler though - and yeah he could really box as well, I said that in my post (said he fought him all wrong...) - did you read what I wrote? He mainly tried to brawl Hagler (and most of his opponents) but doing so is what got him in trouble against Marvin.

Most couldn't take Hearns power, but Hagler (and Barkley) could and Tommy's chin and stamina were always problems for him. It was an exciting, memorable fight against Hagler, but a bad gameplan. The few moments in that short fight where Hearns actually boxed, he looked great.

GGG 100% is best MW ever. You can't defend Hagler's resume and then critique GGG's. You would just lose all credibility. You still didn't respond to my initial comments, which you were derisive about. Typical of most posters on here, you don't even come back with a response to the points in question, instead you name call and then when called out, you slightly change the subject into something else and claim victory.

Who do you put above GGG then in MW history? Hagler has 2 good wins, 1 solid win, and basically 3 bad losses. And then a lot of walkovers of lower level guys. He is in the discussion but any real impartial fan of boxing would not instantly put him at number 1, and would not be so dismissive of GGG.

And the dominance with which GGG has performed in his entire amateur and pro career, is more than deserving of respect as an ATG. Dominated at both levels, never has been beaten professionally, faced guys in their primes of all different styles, and no one has ever really come close. Never ducked anyone, been ducked numerous times.

And you can say whatever you want, but you know that if GGG was black you would rate him as number 1 middleweight ever. You would be touting the same things I am, except probably even more so. Difference is if he was black, I wouldn't be taking the other side and arguing with you, I would be agreeing. I might not be as BIG of a fan since race helps you identify with someone and root for them, but I would evaluate his greatness the same.

So if you want to actually try and respond to my initial comments about Hagler's resume and style compared to GGG, feel free. If you want to respond with more holier than thou talk and snide comments we will just leave it to the ignore list since you have no real intention on having an intellectual debate.

Stop trying to elevate GGG above Marvin with ridiculous statements like Marvin isn't in the discussion. GGG aint in the discussion with Marvin.Not the other way around.I understand GGG groupies like yourself will always distort the facts.All anyone needs to do is watch both fighters in their prime.Any reasonable unbiased individual would agree Marvin would run him out of the ring.GGG has fought the real push overs with no names on his resume.Marvin beat all time greats in Duran,Hearns and Leonard who campaigned at or around MW before they faced Marvin.

So they were accustomed to the weight and had grown into the weight.Unlike Kell Brook who had to jump two weight divisions and had never even campaigned at junior MW before he faced GGG at MW. But still managed to back him up,rock him and outbox GGG before his eye socket gave way.He was also taking GGGs punches relatively easily before the eye socket gave way.Get real.

GGG was beaten in the eyes of most fans and schooled by Jacobs and Canelo the best competition he ever faced but he's now elevated to the level of the greatest MW ever.And beats Marvin.You sound just like the biased,deceptive,misinformed groupie you are. Only other boxing novices think you know what you are talking. Those with boxing knowledge know,based on your ridiculous,biased statements,you are green and ignorant when it comes to great fighters and boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                      http://www.stubhubcenter.com/stadium...boxing-stadium

Seating at the Stub Hub Tennis Center is 8,000, though more seats are added when tickets are really selling. Like Triple G's fight with Rubio sold 9.3k as you stated.

A good amount of those tickets for the Triple G-Vanes fight were slashed down in prices and some given away though. Interesting that they are saying it was the highest grossing event at StubHub. How much actually were these tickets that were sold is what I want to know?
                      Loeffler is a clown with this politician like spin. release the live gate figures which will tell folks EXACTLY how much money was generates and how many tickets were sold and comp'd. If this event really did well he would be throwing those figures around to every media member. But Loeffler like I predicted won't release them. And you want to know why? Because the tickets weren't selling and they handed out shyt ton of free tickets, slashed prices, and even took food stamps. And even with all that they still had 1/3 of the venue empty for a venue that is already small as phuk. A second rate venue that doesn't get many top attractions and big fights. By and large this is a Boxing After Dark venue. A venue that GGG fanboys were saying he would sellout easily he never came close to selling out. And the TV ratings were less then his last fight on sat night HBO GGG vs Wade (1,325,000 viewers).

So what is Loeffler bragging about that GGG is the same or slightly worst draw then he was years ago? That he isn't any closer to being a PPV draw despite fighting a real PPV draw last year? There is a reason why without Canelo they first decided to stay in vegas and on PPV. Then realized he would flop AGAIN on PPV so they took it to reg HBO. Then realized he couldn't even sell out the smaller MGM so moved him to cheap tiny azzz Stubhub and as it turns out he can't sell out that either. At this point it's clear what GGG's lane is if the tickets are dirt cheap or free he can draw decent attendance and if he's fighting on HBO he can draw good ratings but the moment you ask fans to fork over money he draws terrible 97-150K PPV buys. So what's with the politician spin Loeffler. GGG made dog shyt money, pulled a shytting attendance and had fewer TV ratings then he did last time on HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X