Collapse
No announcement yet.

The prospect game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, man, this one will be invaluable in putting some more prospect focus threads together... i was going to go for a US Kid next one I do, probably Simpson or Colbert, neither of whom are on these lists. Forgot all about these picks though, great catch and a timely review.

Oh, and I know you already got plenty to do with the Pick Em and stuff, man, but if you got a bit of time what you reckon to pulling together a prospect focus for one of our British kids? Have you seen the kinda thing I mean?

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=840792

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=840569

No pressure, I'll get round to it myself at some point, but I'm trying to get other folk involved as well... figure if we can get a few people doing it and maintaining their own threads with news and stuff it'll make it much more managable.

EDIT : And Daniyar and Aleksei are on the right track I reckon... both of 'em kinda ready to step it up a bit though.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-03-2020, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Happy with my Teofimo pick.

My Kelly pick may be a bust if he doesn’t come through Avanesyan though
      I picked Kelly as well but I think I may have overrated him with the eye test. Not as confident he hangs at the top level or when pressured.

Yarde I don't think can win a title now..... possibly a vacant belt.

I'm still sticking with Mcgregor, Dubois and Conlan to become world champions though, despite Mcgregor's last performance against Farooq.... I think it will stand him in good stead going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        I picked Kelly as well but I think I may have overrated him with the eye test. Not as confident he hangs at the top level or when pressured.

Yarde I don't think can win a title now..... possibly a vacant belt.

I'm still sticking with Mcgregor, Dubois and Conlan to become world champions though, despite Mcgregor's last performance against Farooq.... I think it will stand him in good stead going forward.
        We’ll find out how good Kelly really is this March, tough fight but if he has world title aspirations he should be beating Avanesyan, who’s very strong European champion IMO.

I’m really undecided on Yarde, still hasn’t beat anyone but was very competitive with Kovalev. He definitely needs to leave that clown Tunde though.

I’m very high on Dubois he looks to have all the tools. I just hope they don’t rush him.

Conlan definitely has the skills but possibly lacks the pop, the Bobfather will inevitably manoeuvre him towards a WBO strap though.

I thought Farooq won that fight but both are above domestic level IMO so it hasn’t massively changed my opinion on either, I think they’ll inevitably have a rematch down the road for bigger honours like Groves and DeGale should have.

Comment

We’ll find out how good Kelly really is this March, tough fight but if he has world title aspirations he should be beating Avanesyan, who’s very strong European champion IMO.

I’m really undecided on Yarde, still hasn’t beat anyone but was very competitive with Kovalev. He definitely needs to leave that clown Tunde though.

I’m very high on Dubois he looks to have all the tools. I just hope they don’t rush him.

Conlan definitely has the skills but possibly lacks the pop, the Bobfather will inevitably manoeuvre him towards a WBO strap though.

I thought Farooq won that fight but both are above domestic level IMO so it hasn’t massively changed my opinion on either, I think they’ll inevitably have a rematch down the road for bigger honours like Groves and DeGale should have.
          I seen Avanesyan a couple times and he looks good all-round and strong.... he's experienced as well but is the definition of European level. It's a tough fight for most 10-fight novices but like you say..... If your good and near world title level you have to beating him.

Looking forward to that test actually.

Comment

I seen Avanesyan a couple times and he looks good all-round and strong.... he's experienced as well but is the definition of European level. It's a tough fight for most 10-fight novices but like you say..... If your good and near world title level you have to beating him.

Looking forward to that test actually.
            Exactly how I see it mate, it’s a really good matchup IMO, if it was up north I probably would have gone. I’m thinking Kelly decision but wouldn’t be surprised if Avanesyan ends up being too much too soon.

Comment

Exactly how I see it mate, it’s a really good matchup IMO, if it was up north I probably would have gone. I’m thinking Kelly decision but wouldn’t be surprised if Avanesyan ends up being too much too soon.
              We'll certainly be able to see where Kelly is at after that fight. I get he is good but I like to see people in tough fights before they go for world titles.... kinda like Josh Taylor had Vasquez, Campos, Postol and Martin before his shot.... looking for similar trajectory for Kelly and world title by his 15/16th fight.

Comment

We'll certainly be able to see where Kelly is at after that fight. I get he is good but I like to see people in tough fights before they go for world titles.... kinda like Josh Taylor had Vasquez, Campos, Postol and Martin before his shot.... looking for similar trajectory for Kelly and world title by his 15/16th fight.
                Taylor was matched perfectly. It obviously helped that he was supremely talented but I felt the McGuigans manoeuvred him through the levels excellently.

Comment

Jaron Ennis
                  Ryan Garcia
                  Vergil Ortiz Jr.
                  Magomed Kurbanov
                  Gary Antuanne Russell

Their futures are bigger than David Price's suit.

Comment

Originally posted by SNlPER View Post
                    Jaron Ennis
                    Ryan Garcia
                    Vergil Ortiz Jr.
                    Magomed Kurbanov
                    Gary Antuanne Russell

Their futures are bigger than David Price's suit.

Ennis and ortiz are sure locks for me . I could see them against each other in a super fight down the road for sure . I really wish they could get Ennis a proper step up fight . He needs it desperately hes lost any momentum he had as a blue chip prospect and they need to make a move asap . I know we all keep hearing they cant get him any decent opponents but there is someone who is a step up willing to sign , **** he hasnt fought anyone yet , ortiz career is being brought along great and hes a killer u would think any of the level guys ortiz has been in with lately would also step thru the ropes vs boots too .

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                      Damn, man, this one will be invaluable in putting some more prospect focus threads together... i was going to go for a US Kid next one I do, probably Simpson or Colbert, neither of whom are on these lists. Forgot all about these picks though, great catch and a timely review.

Oh, and I know you already got plenty to do with the Pick Em and stuff, man, but if you got a bit of time what you reckon to pulling together a prospect focus for one of our British kids? Have you seen the kinda thing I mean?

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=840792

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=840569

No pressure, I'll get round to it myself at some point, but I'm trying to get other folk involved as well... figure if we can get a few people doing it and maintaining their own threads with news and stuff it'll make it much more managable.

EDIT : And Daniyar and Aleksei are on the right track I reckon... both of 'em kinda ready to step it up a bit though.

Hey man, sorry for delay in replying, yeah I think this is a great idea and once I get around to it I shall start a thread or two. I'm most interested in following whoever turns over after the Olympics (IF the olympics even goes ahead, what with Corona virus..), but yeah I like the idea that you've started here

Comment

Working...
                      X